Keith and The Girl Forums

Keith and The Girl Forums (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/)
-   Show Talk (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f5/)
-   -   3293: Risky Business (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f5/3293-risky-business-21887/)

Apia resurrected 07-13-2020 11:51 PM

Chemda!

The proof how not all information is wrong.
Other countries.

Lanfear 07-14-2020 01:32 AM

As far as we know it can’t get through your skin it needs to get to a mucous membrane

Air out the car, most likely it has been sitting around for a few hours already anyway but wait longer if that makes you feel better
Wipe down the surfaces and don’t stick your fingers into your eyes or mouths before you wash them and you’ll be fine.

Mado 07-14-2020 03:35 PM

Everyone has mentioned great advice about camping safely. I will say that I've rented a car a couple of times in the past few months due to minor emergencies, and the cleaning procedures were impeccable. I used Enterprise out of LaGuardia, and not only was the car spotless, but I saw workers cleaning several times. They were wiping down cars with disinfectant IMMEDIATELY upon return, while wearing masks and gloves. They took them for another cleaning once they were parked. I brought clorox wipes to do everything myself in addition.

Chemda, you can probably do this safely. I sure hope you are able to get some sort of outdoor summer enjoyment. You deserve it!

kat666 07-15-2020 03:01 AM

i went camping two weeks ago! we wore masks in the bathrooms and the washing up area. First time I had done the dishes with a mask on, another covid first to add to the glamourous array of new experiences this shit storm has bought up.
I would be more thinking about the campsite amenities that the rental car. Toilets and showers and stuff.. we just didnt shower for five days hihi cos the showers were expensive anyway. And we were supposed to wear our masks all the time in the bathrooms which doesnt quite work with brushing teeth but people wore their masks to the sinks then took them off to do it. Not 100 percent supercool but people were respectful about it
I reckon in the end we would have had way more contact with other people if I had taken my kid to the zoo here in the city (NOT that I would do it, yeah dont ask me why that is fucking open) and the benefits of being out of the city were amazing. It felt so special. Do it!

*edit* BEST PART was finally being able to go swimming. The pools are open here in Germany which is to me also insane, so being 50m from the lake was so great

Apia resurrected 07-15-2020 04:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kat666 (Post 884349)
i went camping two weeks ago! we wore masks in the bathrooms and the washing up area. First time I had done the dishes with a mask on, another covid first to add to the glamourous array of new experiences this shit storm has bought up.
I would be more thinking about the campsite amenities that the rental car. Toilets and showers and stuff.. we just didnt shower for five days hihi cos the showers were expensive anyway. And we were supposed to wear our masks all the time in the bathrooms which doesnt quite work with brushing teeth but people wore their masks to the sinks then took them off to do it. Not 100 percent supercool but people were respectful about it
I reckon in the end we would have had way more contact with other people if I had taken my kid to the zoo here in the city (NOT that I would do it, yeah dont ask me why that is fucking open) and the benefits of being out of the city were amazing. It felt so special. Do it!

*edit* BEST PART was finally being able to go swimming. The pools are open here in Germany which is to me also insane, so being 50m from the lake was so great

I was also very surprised to see the pools open but today’s new cases here are only 276 in 82 million people so something is working.

The lock down worked that’s for sure.

kat666 07-15-2020 06:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Apia resurrected (Post 884350)

The lock down worked that’s for sure.

Oh yes for sure and I'm also really happy masks are remaining compulsory in stores for now

I dont think I will ever go to the swimming pool again. So gross! How did I do it before?

stephtastic17 07-15-2020 08:09 AM

I went camping 3 weeks ago up to Clarence Fahnstock park (which is our favorite north of the city camp). We do own a car, so we did not have to be worried about the rental. We HAVE gone up via the metro north to Cold Spring and called a cab to drive us the rest of the way, but that was when we were broke and didn't have a car yet :)

At Fahnstock: they regularly cleaned the bathrooms, everyone wore masks when not at their site. And I peed outside 50% of the time any ways. They also closed off any sites that were next to each other for added safety.

There were quite a few obvious first timers camping (a lot of people who only stayed 1 night) and didn't have much gear.

All that, it's not "risk-free" - it all hinges on how you feel about the rental car. But if you do research and feel good about that, all other aspects should be pretty low-risk once you are at the campground.

There also is always camping at Flloyd Bennet Field in BK. It's not as relaxing, but you can maybe get someone you trust to drive you there OR if you were feeling really badass, get your gear on bikes and ride there.

Scorpion 07-16-2020 05:51 PM

Divorce Pat $$$

So when Keith is telling the story of Pat's wife sobbing about them breaking up and then asking for money to help her deal with the break up...

Did anyone else think SCAM? They wont break up, they will separate in the same apartment until they make up and then keep all the money to help them separate.

That's all I thought...

shoebootie 07-17-2020 01:50 PM

The US is actually the source of the new infections in Japan.

https://www.businessinsider.com/coro...JtKuvaKdVkkVzo

Apia resurrected 07-20-2020 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scorpion (Post 884381)
So when Keith is telling the story of Pat's wife sobbing about them breaking up and then asking for money to help her deal with the break up...

Did anyone else think SCAM? They wont break up, they will separate in the same apartment until they make up and then keep all the money to help them separate.

That's all I thought...

Possible