Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Funko Pop!: Who is the asshole?
The husband 25 56.82%
The wife 19 43.18%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree103Likes

Old 07-16-2020, 09:17 PM   #21 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by punk'n View Post
Irresistible was really good and there's not really a love story at all.
But for the record, Steve Carrell is hot AF and can get it anytime. We only have a 20 year age gap
Literally just saw it.

It’s a GREAT movie, but if there’s not a love story then there’s a fuck story, and even though they make a joke of the age gaps, it’s there; and, the actresses weren’t hired for that one joke.
The Girl likes this.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2020, 09:17 PM   #22 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

TBF on the AITA pod this was a "Everyone Here Sucks" because both of these people are fucking assholes overall but in regards to looking at just this instance the wife is the bigger asshole by a small margin.

She knew he was doing it for years, she took part in it and suddenly she wants to go from All to giving him a allowance, then it was all or nothing? Choose me or the dolls you've been buying since before you knew me and put a good portion of your money to? Fuck outta here.

They both are assholes because they passively decided the other was to blame for destroying the relationship without trying to meet in the middle.

If we wanna be precious the ruling could be INFO so we could ask for their salaries/expenses to see if $500 a month was really putting them into debt since numbers don't lie
PippaMags likes this.
Old 07-16-2020, 09:42 PM   #23 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

I thought he was clear he(/they) had the money.

Where’d the money issue come from unless we just think he’s lying and it is an issue.

Do we make up she buys shoes while we’re here?

I hate her.
Old 07-16-2020, 10:28 PM   #24 (permalink)

listen again. As the wife is telling him to go down to $X a month she says that his upgrade to$500 a month was "putting them into debt." The husband says that they have plenty money and it wasn't an issue. One of them is incorrect.
Scorpion likes this.
Old 07-16-2020, 10:32 PM   #25 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

If we don’t take it on face value and judge what are we doing?

I want her phone number.
The Girl and Christ Why like this.
Old 07-16-2020, 10:40 PM   #26 (permalink)

you're taking him at face value but not her even though he quoted her?

whatever. I said she was the asshole.

Last edited by FingerLakes; 07-16-2020 at 10:44 PM.
Old 07-17-2020, 12:29 AM   #27 (permalink)

Assumptions...

We have a married guy who spends hundreds a month on plastic toys. A grown, married man. He says he has the money for it, so he’s probably a tech worker, maybe a software engineer. Good money, not super rich. If he were super rich his wife wouldn’t complain because hey, they’re rich. No...what we have here is an obsessive nerd type who makes decent money but also likes to collect childish toys, so he’s probably pretty comfortable with spending most if not all of his paycheck each month, figuring hey, he has a 401k so he’s doing right. They “have the money0 alright.

The wife is a nerd too, hence her willingness to be with man-boy here, and she’s probably overweight and/or only semi-attractive.

Queue the Rona, and the economic instability. Instead of moderating his habit and saving more, his spending habits intensify. Like an addiction. The wife sees this and sees the world and is stressed about the future. What if one or both of them lose their jobs? How screwed would they be? If she’s worried about $500 per month, my guess is there is a reason for it. She is budgeting so they can both survive if they wind up without an income.

The husband may not intrinsically be an asshole, but his behavior isn’t appropriate for a man who wants to be with a partner. Let him be alone with his plastic and let her be free to find a real partner.

...or maybe she’s just a biatch who wants that $500 for shoes every month, who knows?
Old 07-17-2020, 02:53 AM   #28 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Binkers View Post
The wife is a nerd too, hence her willingness to be with man-boy here, and she’s probably overweight and/or only semi-attractive.
Wow you felt the need to write that - I definitely know who the asshole is now
Old 07-17-2020, 02:55 AM   #29 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

I would be supper annoyed if Mr Apia filled our house with more and more plastic every day.
Keith, PippaMags and bagelwagel like this.
Old 07-17-2020, 07:17 AM   #30 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
You went from making up they can’t afford it to now it’s affecting medical bills.

“And she probably just needed that final cancer treatment but he sees Golden Girls Pops! and gets excited as if he ever even WATCHED Golden Girls!”
Yes I made that up and my point was, I thought clear, he is choosing to ignore other things to make his story ONLY about the one thing that would gain him sympathy "What I collect these little dolls and she knew it for years, what did I do." When it isn't about the one thing and he damn well knows it. No clearly he is trying to gaslight AITA and is an asshole. I also stated that she is probably an asshole as well.