Keith and The Girl Forums

Keith and The Girl Forums (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/)
-   Show Talk (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f5/)
-   -   3308: Kill ‘Em All (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f5/3308-kill-em-all-21923/)

Keith 08-17-2020 05:21 PM

3308: Kill ‘Em All

The fallacy of cancel culture; the new way of stand-up; outdoor dining; movie theaters and COVID-19; touring the infected city and in-house camping; Sparrow’s family friend dead from COVID-19; the blind, the deaf, and coronavirus; mask violence; President Trump holds maskless fundraiser at an estate where the owner died of the virus; Trump and football; Bear seen with Trump 2020 sticker; Marion County, FL bans cops and office visitors from wearing masks; racist Facebook cop repeatedly types KILL THEM ALL on BLM live stream; KATG.com/DAD and NotCat’s in My Email

Share this episode: Twitter, Facebook & email

Get the show: on iTunes, on Stitcher and RSS feed

FingerLakes 08-17-2020 05:37 PM

re: the poll

one of my aunts, a middle child through and through, gives the same 30-60 minute rant on repeat when she's yelling at her kids or us, her nephews. Thinking about it it's actually kinda sad or terrifying? She would kinda go out of body and start to recite her argument, almost in the same wording each time, about how everyone takes her for granted and how much pain we've caused her and you knew she was winding down to the end when she got to "and one day I'll be dead and then we'll see who you have to treat like trash!"
BUT if you talked back to her or rolled your eyes during this part, you ran the risk of her starting over for another 20+ minutes, "SEE! YA'LL DON'T APPRECIATE ME!"

Lanfear 08-17-2020 06:01 PM

Yes my mom has dropped quite a few 'oh I know I annoy you kids so much but don't worry I'll be dead soon and then you won't have to deal with me anymore' rants
72 years old, going strong

N8* 08-17-2020 08:15 PM

Dam white folks fucked up

So first of all I would like to say I would love for you to send that to your father and I would love to hear what he has to say obviously you’re not scared to share your family secrets hell they seem to be anyone secrets now a lot of people seem to be growing up the same way white folks are crazy, as being a black person listening to a lot of white podcasting poor folks have the right your skin color just made your parents go buck ass wild crazy, fuck ,his shit UP and drag him obviously he’s going to die before you so let the world know we Pered on your ex-wife. I mean I don’t know how long that this PC correctness and all of its full glory as of now is going to last while you’re in the bubble that was us under the bus he already did it he made you dig holes because you were basically born fuck him drag his ass and your mom beat you up for pretending to be Spiderman cheating on you have any imagination at all…… Dot dot Yeah Melanin challenged fucked up

punk'n 08-18-2020 10:01 AM

I recently quit my restaurant job because of Covid. It is absolutely not easier to be working in a pandemic. People behaved for one fucking week then all the rules go out the window and they start being assholes again. People don't want to follow the rules and when the only people there to enforce them are also relying on tips, it's a free for all. I got yelled at for asking people to wear a mask, I got yelled at for wearing one myself. I got yelled at for taking too long to sanitize a table. I got yelled at for trying to tell people not to sit in large groups. After a while, I didn't give a fuck anymore. Fuck all of you, go die, I'm done. I'm out here trying to protect you from a god damn pandemic and you're treating me like shit.

For the record tho, the money was fucking great. The place I worked has one of the largest outdoor patios in the neighborhood so we were packed for hours and hours. We had to start tip pooling and staggering staff in later and later because running around in 99 degree heat with a mask on for more than four hours is really fucking hard and people started getting sick from dehydration. My last few shifts I was averaging between $50-$60 an hour.

Apia resurrected 08-18-2020 10:08 AM

My mother never said she would die soon, but she often does this:

I am talking to her, and just to gain attention or whatever she says ˋ oh my back hurts so much! Or puts her hand on her heart ˋ oh my heart!ˋ In the middle of my sentence.

This is some controlling behavior, how can I talk to her about something that’s important to me when she is SUFFERING?

Sparrow 08-18-2020 10:44 AM

i feel the only good to come from our tragedy is my parents might start to be more vigilant. i know for sure they updated their living will. my Dad is high risk bc he has existing respiratory issues. there will likely be a conversation with me soon, bc i handle death better than my brother, to be abreast of how soon they’d want me to let them die if we’re faced with it. fun times.

punk'n 08-18-2020 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sparrow (Post 884911)
i feel the only good to come from our tragedy is my parents might start to be more vigilant. i know for sure they updated their living will. my Dad is high risk bc he has existing respiratory issues. there will likely be a conversation with me soon, bc i handle death better than my brother, to be abreast of how soon they’d want me to let them die if we’re faced with it. fun times.

*hugs*

Binkers 08-19-2020 05:05 PM

I don't understand why anybody would treat waitstaff like garbage...or any other essential worker for that matter. These are the people who make our lives better, not white collar paper-pushers or keyboard clackers! The weirdest thing I noticed when I got my first in-office job was that the job not only pays so much more while demanding less, but you can show up in a range of time (usually 8am - 10am) and go to the bathroom whenever you want...it's like the cushier the job the more you're treated like a person. What a sick system. Anyone who treats a server badly should be forced to spend a few weeks as one so they can learn a little fucking empathy.

Apia resurrected 08-20-2020 02:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Binkers (Post 884936)
I don't understand why anybody would treat waitstaff like garbage...or any other essential worker for that matter. These are the people who make our lives better, not white collar paper-pushers or keyboard clackers! The weirdest thing I noticed when I got my first in-office job was that the job not only pays so much more while demanding less, but you can show up in a range of time (usually 8am - 10am) and go to the bathroom whenever you want...it's like the cushier the job the more you're treated like a person. What a sick system. Anyone who treats a server badly should be forced to spend a few weeks as one so they can learn a little fucking empathy.

I would even say, everyone should work in a service job for at least a year.