Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Did you cry in the last 24 hours?
Yes 21 35.00%
No 39 65.00%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree171Likes

Old 09-10-2020, 02:45 AM   #41 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Ask her if she’s seen worse
Scorpion likes this.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2020, 05:07 AM   #42 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

Traffic Cone

She's seen a man sit on a lubricated traffic cone, but we had a laugh about that. It's not really a mystery why they/we/society is cracking up.
Archimedes_Screw likes this.
Old 09-10-2020, 12:44 PM   #43 (permalink)

I feel for Kyle and her daughter. I have been battling depression/anxiety, (really two sides of the same coin) for many many years since my teens, I am 59 now. Traditional medicine has helped me but it is frustrating and takes A LOT of work. There are no quick fixes. For me although I am functioning again I am looking for a more long term change in health. If I stop medication I quickly relapse.
I just enrolled into a six week program set up by a natural-path doctor who is local here in Toronto. She specializes in mood and and mental health issues. Perhaps she may appeal to Kyle it seems she has similar views about diet and exercise etc.
Here is a link to a YouTube video talking about the program. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0r0RT9v6jNw

I am not trying to sell you anything just passing on info. Should Kyle choose to do this with her daughter the price is in Canadian dollars so that is a 30% discount.
Love the show makes me laugh and gives me things to think about.
Old 09-10-2020, 03:31 PM   #44 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

SHOUT OUT TO KEITH FOR GOING TO AA
AND SHOUT OUT TO CHEMDA FOR SHITTING ON HERSELF WHEN HE REVEALED IT DURING HER SARCASTIC ZINGER
Keith, The Girl, Maya and 1 others like this.

Last edited by FingerLakes; 09-10-2020 at 03:33 PM.
Old 09-10-2020, 03:42 PM   #45 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlp View Post
I feel for Kyle. We are foster parents and have an almost 10 month old who was shaken by his mother. He’s been having issues with infantile spasms and we’ve had to have him on all kinds of medications-including a shot from hell that made him miserable. He swelled up, only stopped crying when I would hold him. And even then I had to really work on calming him down. I’ve cried so many times for this poor guy. Circumstances outside of my control are happening-he was suffering so bad-we have to stop these spasms to hopefully give him a chance of being able to develop normally-if they aren’t stopped, he will be dependent for the rest of his life-according to the neurologist. He’s now on this medication that has a 30% chance of making him go blind. Luckily now he is doing much better and is smiling-but we won’t know if any of this stuff has worked. We are looking at another 24 hour EEG In the future.

So sorry to hear that your daughter was hospitalized due to her depression. I can’t imagine how hard that was on all of you. And the mental health system is unfortunately overtaxed right now. My coworkers and I are doing everything we can to keep our two psychologists in Veteran geriatric home care going-because they are getting hit hard right now too-and feeling guilty for not being able to do more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I cried so many times when I was a foster parent. It can be fucking brutal. If you’re not in a support group already I think you should find one. It helped us. Especially finding clothing and toys for emergency placements.
The Girl likes this.
Old 09-10-2020, 03:46 PM   #46 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoopyLou79 View Post
She's seen a man sit on a lubricated traffic cone, but we had a laugh about that. It's not really a mystery why they/we/society is cracking up.
And you didn’t post a link?
Old 09-10-2020, 03:59 PM   #47 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

pfft, we've all been there done that, Archimedes
Old 09-11-2020, 02:43 AM   #48 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

Twitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archimedes_Screw View Post
And you didn’t post a link?
Guess it’s just the lucky dip on Twitter,
Old 09-22-2020, 04:23 PM   #49 (permalink)
2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

There may be some value in diluting Gatorade

https://www.runnersworld.com/nutriti...sports-drinks/

Here are a few facts about sports drinks:

The most popular brands of sports drinks contain more than double the daily recommended amount of sugar.
According to numerous studies, the added nutrients in sports drinks are effective only during intense exercise lasting over an hour.
According to the University of Illinois Extension, the sugar found in sports drinks delays the absorption of fluids, which slows hydration.
These sugary drinks pack a hearty helping of calories. For casual athletes, that means you’re drinking more calories than you’re burning.
Don’t be tricked by nutrition on the label, as many sports drinks only list the numbers for an 8- or 12-ounce serving. That’s far less than the whole bottle—which you’ll most likely guzzle down while working out. If you want a fitness water without the sugar (or calories), check out these four options:
bag of lazers likes this.
Old 09-22-2020, 04:32 PM   #50 (permalink)

I've found watering down juice and Gatorade is pretty refreshing and saves a little change too, tbh.