Keith and The Girl Forums

Keith and The Girl Forums (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/)
-   Show Talk (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f5/)
-   -   3318: We're Not Gonna Take It (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f5/3318-were-not-gonna-take-21945/)

Andrea_Allan 09-14-2020 04:09 PM

3318: We're Not Gonna Take It

Labor Day Vacation, Cobra Kai, and wanting to be an orphan; the return of the NFL; bikers and cops are friends or both are just racist; Ukranian priest blames COVID-19 on gays and catches it; Israel approves second coronavirus lockdown; shout-outs; Silent Trailers; narcissism, love, sadness, and Keith’s dad; Keith vs. The World Accepting Bullshit

Share this episode: Twitter, Facebook & email

Get the show: on iTunes, on Stitcher and RSS feed

Archimedes_Screw 09-14-2020 04:58 PM

I love this podcast so much. No other show has the producer do a remote from the bathroom. Also if that isn’t a reason to check out Hot Mess Comedy hour I don’t know what is.

punk'n 09-14-2020 05:55 PM

Keith,
I'll take your bet on the Steelers. A hundred bucks is a little rich for my blood (I'm unemployed cos the pandemic) but I got $25 on the Chiefs and the Steelers are bitches.

bagelwagel 09-14-2020 07:04 PM

As someone with a covert narcissistic mother, I can attest to that they can cry.

As for the love question, their definition of love is different. They lack a depth of emotion and are chasing the narcissistic supply, resulting in not experience the deep sense of intimacy and care. Instead, they likely equate love with romance and as such will prefer to do huge romantic displays.

Narcissists do have some empathy, if they didn't they would be psychopaths. The narcissist refuses to use empathy to identify with other people.

Keith 09-14-2020 07:26 PM

To be clear, I think my dad is a psychopath.

Keith 09-14-2020 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by punk'n (Post 885315)
Keith,
I'll take your bet on the Steelers. A hundred bucks is a little rich for my blood (I'm unemployed cos the pandemic) but I got $25 on the Chiefs and the Steelers are bitches.

Assuming you mean if our team wins we get $25 and if neither wins we wrestle, we have a bet.

FingerLakes 09-14-2020 11:31 PM

Re: The Poll

NO!
WE AIN'T GONNA TAKE IT

FingerLakes 09-14-2020 11:49 PM

Chemda! Stop reading my LiveJournal =!
I was going to be priest, not to hide my gay, but to convince the homophobic locals to stop being so fucking hateful. Same path I guess.

So Keith did you used to leave the game unpaused to read the book? Just siting there with the controller down, book in your hand and letting the computer or your friend beat your character's ass?

Keith 09-15-2020 02:07 AM

No, dipshit. You can glance.

“But can’t you glance at the internet for the answer?”

They played you. They literally played you.

CuriousKlepto 09-15-2020 10:22 AM

As a reformed kleptomaniac, I want to take everything.

memecherry 09-15-2020 12:20 PM

Dammit your dad got me

https://angelusnews.com/faith/saint-...he-holy-cross/

bluenova 09-15-2020 12:28 PM

Wow, both Keith's Dad and my Mom choose to ignore the events and move on expecting everyone else to do the same! I guess they have a long history of this tactic working because they were able to force us as kids to let things go since we had no power against them. And this is so ingrained in us that they can continue to get away with it years into our adulthood. I'm really curious to hear more. I haven't gotten to the point yet of the kids calling out the parent.

I feel like Narcissistic people do love, but their outlook on love is deeply flawed and so therefor their way of loving is unhealthy. They also don't have normal responses to perceived attacks on their ego. They love the idea of the relationship and not the actual person. Then when something happens that doesn't fit what they want, they react to protect their own perception and not in a way that's morally right. This can lead to them exposing themselves and them realizing it too late.

Steph 09-15-2020 01:04 PM

Best rant ever.

Z-Corn 09-15-2020 01:30 PM

I don't even see a veggie dog or a veggie burger on the Portillo's menu. Your brother was lucky they even made him one. They were trying to be nice.

Keith 09-15-2020 03:03 PM

Behave

Z-Corn 09-15-2020 04:03 PM

Oh Keith, you just don't know how Back of House works.

Don't you have some silverware to roll?

memecherry 09-15-2020 04:04 PM

Who else channels Keith once in a while when you want to irrationally scream about something, down to the voice affections...?

Just me...?

Kidding I don't do that at all :D

LoopyLou79 09-15-2020 04:18 PM

Massage

One of my jobs is massage and someone contacted me about arranging a massage via FB they had the “it rubs the lotion .......” thing from silence of the lambs as a quote at the top of the page as a quote. That was a big no from me, nobody’s wearing my skin.
Nice rant Keith, I’ve never taken any shit, I’ve got no friends but I’ve never taken any shit.

Keith 09-15-2020 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Z-Corn (Post 885339)
Oh Keith, you just don't know how Back of House works.

Don't you have some silverware to roll?

lol "back of house"

I've had ALL those jobs, ya goof.

I told you that they told my brother the vegi-burger had a patty. Why are you ignoring that?

Don't be a sucker your whole life. Also, you're not The King of Restaurants. It's okay that this one in Chicago can die from a thousand chodes.

jcro21 09-15-2020 05:35 PM

I'm hungry so I looked up their online menu and the description of the veggie dog is accurate, although the need for an asterisk probably means they should call it something different. For the record I'm on the side of that's a lame veggie dog but I do love me some Portillos.

https://i.imgur.com/1NgKkXp.png

memecherry 09-15-2020 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Z-Corn (Post 885336)
I don't even see a veggie dog or a veggie burger on the Portillo's menu. Your brother was lucky they even made him one. They were trying to be nice.

Telling a customer they didn't actually have veggie patties would have been the nice thing to do....

Keith 09-15-2020 05:50 PM

What a word to use also. “Nice.”

A regular Employee of the Year.

Maya 09-16-2020 06:24 AM

I don't understand how people are defending this hot dog place. Burger King has a better veggie burger than what Ken got.

Keith 09-16-2020 06:38 AM

They’re living in a world of denial wrongly thinking that by doing so they can easily just get by.

But it’s not easier. It never is.

Scorpion 09-16-2020 11:56 AM

A free punch in the face w/ every veggie menu item

Back in the 90’s a vegetarian meal at a burger place was just like this. You would say “no meat“ and you would get a salad with mustard and ketchup on a bun.

They didn’t can it a “veggie Burger” you knew what you were getting and it was marginally better than being hungry. No one wanted that, it was what you could get! Now though, really now a days! I agree with Keith. It should come with a punch to the face, it’s Bull shit and at least if they punched him in the face maybe the possible concussion would make him think it was okay.

shoebootie 09-16-2020 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by memecherry (Post 885340)
Who else channels Keith once in a while when you want to irrationally scream about something, down to the voice affections...?

Just me...?

Kidding I don't do that at all :D

I've definitely found myself yelling OH HOW MATURE about things in a very Keet voice

memecherry 09-16-2020 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shoebootie (Post 885356)
I've definitely found myself yelling OH HOW MATURE about things in a very Keet voice

Every once in a while I pull out a "niiiiiiceeeee" :p

The day I catch myself wishing somebody I hate gets cheated on by their spouse, I'll know I have gone full Keet :eek:

whatotherway 09-17-2020 07:33 AM

When I was stationed in South Dakota in 1980

We went for a drive with friends to Wyoming, and stopped at a restaurant called the Hungry Farmer. They had a cheese board that included whole wheels of cheese, a choice of Bison, Beef and Antelope steaks and burgers. The meal was fantastic for everyone there, but one individual, who apparently, and unknown to the rest of us, had decided to become a vegetarian the week before.

"What would you recommend for a vegetarian," he asked our waitress.

"Leave Wyoming," she replied.

Sparrow 09-19-2020 09:04 AM

catching up on shows. Ken’s “hot dog” and “burger” are making me irrationally angry. neither of those things are either of those things.

SpareBen 09-22-2020 12:15 PM

Silence of the Lambs is now streaming free on Pluto TV (ad-supported).