Keith and The Girl Forums

Keith and The Girl Forums (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/)
-   Show Talk (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f5/)
-   -   3321: That Was Yesterday w/ Chuck Palmer (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f5/3321-yesterday-w-chuck-palmer-21952/)

Andrea_Allan 09-21-2020 04:33 PM

3321: That Was Yesterday w/ Chuck Palmer

x/4 becomes x/3; Foreigner’s orchestra; musicians' sexual appetites; childhood sexual assault; Ruth Bader Ginsburg died; 72nd Primetime Emmy Awards

Guest:
Chuck Palmer
http://static-2.keithandthegirl.net/...EW-100x100.png

Share this episode: Twitter, Facebook & email

Get the show: on iTunes, on Stitcher and RSS feed

Archimedes_Screw 09-21-2020 04:54 PM

Chemda. I will make you a knife. Holy fuck!

Archimedes_Screw 09-21-2020 05:03 PM

Keith: I clean out my asshole like a gay man about to have sex.
Chemda: We left a woman in a French gas station. Pretty fucked up.
Chuck: We can cuss on this show right?

Please have him on again! Such a wonderful dude.

Archimedes_Screw 09-21-2020 05:16 PM

Jesus Christ! Ok, I’ll finish the episode before commenting.

punk'n 09-21-2020 11:19 PM

"Just days before her death Friday evening, Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg said that her "most fervent wish is that I will not be replaced until a new president is installed," according to an NPR report.

NPR, which first broke the news of Ginsburg's passing, reported that the liberal associate justice dictated her wish to her granddaughter Clara Spera."

Chemda, you're not wrong. RBG's dying wish was not to be replaced before November.

Also, what a fantastic guest. Incredible story and incredible bravery to share it with us. You guys outdid yourselves today with one of the trickiest interviews yet and you and Chuck told a really important story. Great show.

Apia resurrected 09-22-2020 05:18 AM

Chemda, will you try Shits creek now?

You have to give it a few episodes but it’s great. The first few episodes it needs to find the tone and the tone.
It’s warm and sweet. People are nice there! Gay people are just people there and no one cares! Kids learn to like the parents and also otherwise!

Just don’t think about the name.

Im telling you, the mother is if the bitch from apartment 23 was older and had kids.

Apia resurrected 09-22-2020 09:54 AM

I think it has to be a Chemda show. But maybe I just hope so!
It takes place in a small town and you meet lots of strange but somehow
realistic characters and they reappear in later episodes.
They have a town restaurant everyone goes to, the motel, the garage, the real estate agent,
and so on. You get used to the things and start feeling like you know the town.

Keith 09-22-2020 10:09 AM

I’m watching a show called Finding Clit.

Molly Clit left a bad relationship and is trying to find herself. Obvs.

Apia resurrected 09-22-2020 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keith (Post 885428)
I’m watching a show called Finding Clit.

Molly Clit left a bad relationship and is trying to find herself. Obvs.

Sounds like a show made for Keith.

Keith 09-22-2020 10:56 AM

Sniffing ASS. Great show. A guy works at a perfume factory named ASS: Arnie’s Simulated Scents.

#hijinks

Abby 09-22-2020 11:06 AM

Yes, but the joke is these rich people bought the Town as a joke. It's not like they pretend it's normal.

Apia resurrected 09-22-2020 11:22 AM

I get it.
Like my other favorite show, serial killer.
It's about a cute rescue dog who helps the elderly named serial killer.

Pintman 09-22-2020 11:28 AM

Watch Schitt's Creek!

Apia resurrected 09-22-2020 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pintman (Post 885436)
Watch Schitt's Creek!

Yes.

Pintman 09-22-2020 11:55 AM

Chemda: It's a family name, thus the spelling. I've never known a family named "Shit."

Plus, it's a Canadian show, so politeness is mandatory.

Keith 09-22-2020 12:24 PM

I think she gets it.

She knows many people named Schitt, just like you.

“Thus the spelling.” This guy...

Does the town have a creek? No spoilers.

memecherry 09-22-2020 12:31 PM

They didn't let Obama confirm his nomination, they even said to quote them if the scenario happened again, they are now surprise surprise walking back what they said.

https://www.newsweek.com/lindsey-gra...-court-1533070

https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/19/opini...lon/index.html

Apia resurrected 09-22-2020 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keith (Post 885441)
I think she gets it.

It’s about the FEELINGS, not creeks.

Archimedes_Screw 09-22-2020 01:42 PM

Listened to the episode again. It really is a master class in interviewing. He never spoke about it in public until this show and y’all got into the shit. The whole thing was handled with genuine empathy and curiosity. Please have him back on to shoot the shit about comedy with Kyle.

Archimedes_Screw 09-22-2020 01:50 PM

Also watch Schitts Creek. Pretty funny. Hollywood still doesn’t really understand small towns though. It’s an adorable show. It’s the kinda town that I wish I grew up in. Instead I grew up in a supremely intolerant one.

theguy2009 09-22-2020 03:04 PM

I have to make my case for Schitts Creek. It has the best character of any show in years. It has more heart and charm then most shows could ever dream of. The name isn't a big part of the show after the first season. The characters are completely unlikable at the start. By the end you are pulling for them 100%. It is simply the best.

Pintman 09-22-2020 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keith (Post 885441)
I think she gets it.

Yeah. That was a little mansplainy. Sorry.

dr.chode 09-22-2020 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theguy2009 (Post 885447)
I have to make my case for Schitts Creek. It has the best character of any show in years. It has more heart and charm then most shows could ever dream of. The name isn't a big part of the show after the first season. The characters are completely unlikable at the start. By the end you are pulling for them 100%. It is simply the best.

After watching the preview on netflix I was completely turned off to it also and ignored it. The dear members of these forums were the ones who finally convinced me to give it a shot and I really liked it! While I was being blissfully ignorant they put out 4 seasons so I had plenty to binge once I came around too!

I'm curious who from the show you thought was the best character... David??? Or was that a typo in the second sentence and should have been "characters"....?

FingerLakes 09-23-2020 01:07 AM

Re: The Poll

I think I've told all of my big traumas to irl friends, internet friends or written on a forum, or told to a support group except for one. Maybe I'll get into that one when I find a therapist but it's too much to unpack and get into in one conversation

FingerLakes 09-23-2020 01:18 AM

I found Schitt's Creek charming but simultaneously hated everyone except the woman at the hotel who becomes David's best friend. I didn't make it past the first season but I didn't hate what I watched. I don't think Keith would be into it. Chema is a toss up. I didn't realize the father and son were father and son until they won this award and Rae Sanni tweeted about wanting to fuck the son even though he looks just like the dad.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Archimedes_Screw (Post 885417)
Chemda. I will make you a knife. Holy fuck!

ME TOO, PLEASE

Apia resurrected 09-23-2020 03:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FingerLakes (Post 885456)
I found Schitt's Creek charming but simultaneously hated everyone except the woman at the hotel who becomes David's best friend. I didn't make it past the first season but I didn't hate what I watched. I don't think Keith would be into it. Chema is a toss up. I didn't realize the father and son were father and son until they won this award and Rae Sanni tweeted about wanting to fuck the son even though he looks just like the dad.

ME TOO, PLEASE

It gets better after season 1 and the people get nicer.

Apia resurrected 09-23-2020 03:05 AM

My traumas:

Too demanding parents
Immigration from Poland by 12 and loosing most of friends and family
Studying law and hating it, yet completing it
One relationship to a sociopath
Intrusive thoughts/ depression.

That’s what I have.

jcro21 09-23-2020 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord of the Cock Rings (Post 885461)
Seemed a little like Keith is daring us to expose the "Sit on my face" guy.

I always suspected Mark Normand but I can't find evidence that he was ever of Letterman, if that's a breadcrumb Keith was dropping.

Every male comedian who hasn't been on the show in 2+ years is suspect. Normand was on at least once a year until 2015, which is a bit out of range but plausible.

Also Chuck's album is cool, very atmospheric and rhythmic. Loved his comment about how rhythm plays a role in standup, I've never made that connection before.

https://chuckpalmer.bandcamp.com/releases

Apia resurrected 09-23-2020 12:21 PM

Didn’t Keith also say something about bagels and that guy or did I get something wrong.

theguy2009 09-23-2020 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dr.chode (Post 885451)
After watching the preview on netflix I was completely turned off to it also and ignored it. The dear members of these forums were the ones who finally convinced me to give it a shot and I really liked it! While I was being blissfully ignorant they put out 4 seasons so I had plenty to binge once I came around too!

I'm curious who from the show you thought was the best character... David??? Or was that a typo in the second sentence and should have been "characters"....?

That was indeed a typo. It was supposed to be character development. I think my favorite character was Johnny. How good looking is that family in real life by the way? Look at young Eugene Levy. That guy has really aged well

Apia resurrected 09-23-2020 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theguy2009 (Post 885466)
That was indeed a typo. It was supposed to be character development. I think my favorite character was Johnny. How good looking is that family in real life by the way? Look at young Eugene Levy. That guy has really aged well

Oh, oh.
He improved extremely in the look department.

elasticwhiskers 09-23-2020 08:34 PM

Keith: "Keep Fisching...I don't know if you guys will be able to figure it out."

Jon Fisch has been on Letterman....

punk'n 09-23-2020 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elasticwhiskers (Post 885472)
Keith: "Keep Fisching...I don't know if you guys will be able to figure it out."

Sneaky!

FingerLakes 09-24-2020 12:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elasticwhiskers (Post 885472)

damnit
i came here to post this
i gotta get up earlier in the day to do my detective work

porky2468 09-24-2020 02:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord of the Cock Rings (Post 885461)
Seemed a little like Keith is daring us to expose the "Sit on my face" guy.

I always suspected Mark Normand but I can't find evidence that he was ever of Letterman, if that's a breadcrumb Keith was dropping.

I thought he was outing Chuck as the sit on my face guy for a minute. Almost lost my Schitt!

porky2468 09-24-2020 02:46 AM

Quote:

It is simply the best.

I see what you did there <3

Maya 09-24-2020 06:50 AM

This episode really got to me. So many twists and turns and I reacted the same way Chemda did every time a bit more of the assault story was revealed. I too am working on that specific type of therapy where words will no longer have such strong emotions attached to them. It's a pretty awful process but I've mostly exhausted other options. Good on Chuck for being so open about all of this, sounds like therapy and strength and self-empathy (and probably lots of other things) have been excellent to the healing process. I hope to be there one day too.

CandleGirl 09-25-2020 04:58 PM

Quote:

Yes! The character development is incredible.

First you hate the characters because they’re awful human beings. Then you love to hate them because the awfulness is funny. Then you just love them because they become good human beings. All the feels.