Keith and The Girl Forums

Keith and The Girl Forums (http://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/)
-   Show Talk (http://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f5/)
-   -   3321: That Was Yesterday w/ Chuck Palmer (http://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f5/3321-yesterday-w-chuck-palmer-21952/)

theguy2009 09-22-2020 03:04 PM

I have to make my case for Schitts Creek. It has the best character of any show in years. It has more heart and charm then most shows could ever dream of. The name isn't a big part of the show after the first season. The characters are completely unlikable at the start. By the end you are pulling for them 100%. It is simply the best.

Pintman 09-22-2020 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keith (Post 885441)
I think she gets it.

She knows many people named Schitt, just like you.

“Thus the spelling.” This guy...

Does the town have a creek? No spoilers.

Yeah. That was a little mansplainy. Sorry.

dr.chode 09-22-2020 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theguy2009 (Post 885447)
I have to make my case for Schitts Creek. It has the best character of any show in years. It has more heart and charm then most shows could ever dream of. The name isn't a big part of the show after the first season. The characters are completely unlikable at the start. By the end you are pulling for them 100%. It is simply the best.

After watching the preview on netflix I was completely turned off to it also and ignored it. The dear members of these forums were the ones who finally convinced me to give it a shot and I really liked it! While I was being blissfully ignorant they put out 4 seasons so I had plenty to binge once I came around too!

I'm curious who from the show you thought was the best character... David??? Or was that a typo in the second sentence and should have been "characters"....?

FingerLakes 09-23-2020 01:07 AM

Re: The Poll
 
I think I've told all of my big traumas to irl friends, internet friends or written on a forum, or told to a support group except for one. Maybe I'll get into that one when I find a therapist but it's too much to unpack and get into in one conversation

FingerLakes 09-23-2020 01:18 AM

I found Schitt's Creek charming but simultaneously hated everyone except the woman at the hotel who becomes David's best friend. I didn't make it past the first season but I didn't hate what I watched. I don't think Keith would be into it. Chema is a toss up. I didn't realize the father and son were father and son until they won this award and Rae Sanni tweeted about wanting to fuck the son even though he looks just like the dad.



Quote:

Originally Posted by Archimedes_Screw (Post 885417)
Chemda. I will make you a knife. Holy fuck!

ME TOO, PLEASE

Apia resurrected 09-23-2020 03:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FingerLakes (Post 885456)
I found Schitt's Creek charming but simultaneously hated everyone except the woman at the hotel who becomes David's best friend. I didn't make it past the first season but I didn't hate what I watched. I don't think Keith would be into it. Chema is a toss up. I didn't realize the father and son were father and son until they won this award and Rae Sanni tweeted about wanting to fuck the son even though he looks just like the dad.





ME TOO, PLEASE

It gets better after season 1 and the people get nicer.

Apia resurrected 09-23-2020 03:05 AM

My traumas:

Too demanding parents
Immigration from Poland by 12 and loosing most of friends and family
Studying law and hating it, yet completing it
One relationship to a sociopath
Intrusive thoughts/ depression.

That’s what I have.

jcro21 09-23-2020 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord of the Cock Rings (Post 885461)
Seemed a little like Keith is daring us to expose the "Sit on my face" guy.

I always suspected Mark Normand but I can't find evidence that he was ever of Letterman, if that's a breadcrumb Keith was dropping.

Every male comedian who hasn't been on the show in 2+ years is suspect. Normand was on at least once a year until 2015, which is a bit out of range but plausible.

Also Chuck's album is cool, very atmospheric and rhythmic. Loved his comment about how rhythm plays a role in standup, I've never made that connection before.

https://chuckpalmer.bandcamp.com/releases

Apia resurrected 09-23-2020 12:21 PM

Didn’t Keith also say something about bagels and that guy or did I get something wrong.

theguy2009 09-23-2020 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dr.chode (Post 885451)
After watching the preview on netflix I was completely turned off to it also and ignored it. The dear members of these forums were the ones who finally convinced me to give it a shot and I really liked it! While I was being blissfully ignorant they put out 4 seasons so I had plenty to binge once I came around too!

I'm curious who from the show you thought was the best character... David??? Or was that a typo in the second sentence and should have been "characters"....?

That was indeed a typo. It was supposed to be character development. I think my favorite character was Johnny. How good looking is that family in real life by the way? Look at young Eugene Levy. That guy has really aged well


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:54 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.1
Keith and The GirlAd Management plugin by RedTyger