Keith and The Girl Forums

Keith and The Girl Forums (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/)
-   Show Talk (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f5/)
-   -   3340: Election Day 2020: Trump vs. Biden (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f5/3340-election-day-2020-trump-vs-biden-22002/)

Lanfear 11-05-2020 05:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Apia resurrected (Post 886403)
I said no in the poll because “ proud to be a German “ is not what I feel , and it’s something nazis say. l‘m only proud if I did something nice myself.
But I am glad and grateful to live here.
So somehow close but different.

Yes to all of that

Where you are born is a random cartographic accident based on where your mother happened to go into labor and other people decided to draw random lines across the globe.
What is there to be proud about?

Also America is the only country I know that is both insanely proud of 'being American' but everybody will also immediately obsessively tell you where their ancestors come from.

Apia resurrected 11-05-2020 06:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lanfear (Post 886408)
Yes to all of that

Where you are born is a random cartographic accident based on where your mother happened to go into labor and other people decided to draw random lines across the globe.

Also America is the only country I know that is both insanely proud of 'being American' but everybody will also immediately obsessively tell you where their ancestors come from.

That’s also 100% true!

Scorpion 11-05-2020 06:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Girl (Post 886407)
Yes that was over two years ago. A few months ago I bought a new pair because the old ones crapped out

So that's $100/year for life. or at least until the raise the price. I bet there are cheaper ones just as good. But I don't want to shit on your choice if you're happy

Scorpion 11-05-2020 06:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lanfear (Post 886408)
Yes to all of that

I'm 50% Norwegian & 50% Swedish and 100% American! I have two guns to prove it!

I voted no on the poll. I've always had criticisms of America's foreign policy, using human rights as an excuse for interfering where $$ is being made and not where just human rights are being violated. The thin vail of virtue we hold up to the world and all the Americans that believed it. But I thought we could and would do better. Until the last four years anyway.

joslingeneva 11-05-2020 08:30 AM

My old pair's mics stopped working, but I absolutely bought a new pair. I don't care how much they cost. I love walking around my office with an excuse to ignore my coworkers cause my pods are in. AND now I have a podcast pair for home and work.

jcro21 11-05-2020 08:42 AM

I poured an entire glass of water on my laptop yesterday so I needed this episode. Even though that was 1000% my own fault, fuck Apple for not making shit that can get wet. We put a man on the moon but my $1000 internet box can't take a little water poured directly into its insides?? Anyway I will try putting my laptop in rice pilaf and up my asshole before I give up, worth a shot.

I really hope the election doesn't come down to PA, because we're a bunch of idiots. This whole ballot counting taking longer is a controversy completely manufactured by the Republican state house who didn't let them start counting mail ballots until Election Day. Plus it'd be hilarious if trumps entire strategy came down to taking advantage of the slow PA count and in the end it didn't even matter. Cmon Georgia/Nevada!!

Apia resurrected 11-05-2020 08:45 AM

I just know I would also destroy or loose expensive headphones or sunglasses in a week so unfortunately I can't have them.

jcro21 11-05-2020 08:53 AM

Also maybe the democrats would've actually won big if they were promising literally ANYTHING for people other than "we're not Trump." If joe had campaigned on Medicare for all or universal basic income it'd be a different election. Yes I'm still crying over Bernie shut up

Archimedes_Screw 11-05-2020 08:53 AM

Apropos of nothing last night I learned that Craig Klein spent his youth with mid western golden girls.

shoebootie 11-05-2020 09:27 AM

My airpods fall out of my ears whenever I'm chewing. A bitch can't snack and listen to podcasts??

These other ones I got are straight up science magic, bone-conducting headphones sit outside your ear, not in your ear-hole and send the soundwaves right into your ear bones. Comfortable, AND can hear ambient noises still so it's great when I'm riding my bike or want to otherwise still be able to hear what's going on around me.