Keith and The Girl Forums

Keith and The Girl Forums (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/)
-   Show Talk (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f5/)
-   -   3344: Industry 4.0 w/ John F. O'Donnell (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f5/3344-industry-4-0-w-john-f-odonnell-22010/)

Keith 11-13-2020 04:41 PM

3344: Industry 4.0 w/ John F. O'Donnell

Checking in on friends; NYC’s The Creek & The Cave closes for good; 5G, the pandemic, and conspiracies

Guest:
John F. O'Donnell
http://static-4.keithandthegirl.net/...OD-100x100.png

Share this episode: Twitter, Facebook & email

Get the show: on iTunes, on Stitcher and RSS feed

Archimedes_Screw 11-13-2020 04:59 PM

What

The

Fuck

Archimedes_Screw 11-13-2020 05:01 PM

15 minutes in and regretting not taking notes. Love JFOD!

The Girl 11-13-2020 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Archimedes_Screw (Post 886583)
15 minutes in and regretting not taking notes. Love JFOD!

It's not too late.

Archimedes_Screw 11-13-2020 05:41 PM

Real talk though. Wellness check on him.

Christ Why 11-13-2020 06:10 PM

How did I not realize JFOD was such a conspiracy theorist? I'm 10 minutes in and already ripping my hair out....

Keith 11-13-2020 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Archimedes_Screw (Post 886585)

That was my way of checking

Bucho 11-13-2020 09:13 PM

JFOD out-Newsyed Newsy with that Adam Curry namedrop.

Launi 11-13-2020 11:57 PM

I feel like if Keith researched any of JFOD’s internet conspiracies he’d somehow end up in the control room of the entire Internet because he got lost.

“Welp, I guess I run the Internet now. Here’s some bitcoin for you, a little 5G for you. Woah, looks like you’re somehow stuck inside a bridge? up you go.”

Apia resurrected 11-14-2020 12:55 AM

With love and respect I had to fast forward him talking because listening to him is not helping my brain.

I was so stressed out from work this week that I was asleep at 9 pm yesterday.
Listening to him feels like more work but without pay.

Keith 11-14-2020 01:06 AM

They WANT you not to hear it.

Apia resurrected 11-14-2020 01:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keith (Post 886600)
They WANT you not to hear it.

You are the only funny thing about this episode Keith. Thank you for you service.

Chemda takes him too seriously in my opinion and he is not well.

Apia resurrected 11-14-2020 01:40 AM

Do you know how many great ideas I have a day? 142 at least.
Unless you are really doing something with them they are worth shit.
I do stuff with my ideas, but not 142.
I take one and put it into reality.
Because sitting at home and not really changing a thing and feeling anxious THATS WHAT THEY REALLY WANT YOU TO DO.

You think you are doing something and that you are better than other people but you are not. You change nothing, you reach nothing, you gain nothing.

Apia doesnt approve.

Apia resurrected 11-14-2020 01:44 AM

Emily should talk to him about McDonald's. This would be fun.

Bucho 11-14-2020 01:46 AM

Best episode of 2020 so far. Probably going to listen to this one 3 times.

Apia resurrected 11-14-2020 01:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bucho (Post 886605)
Best episode of 2020 so far. Probably going to listen to this one 3 times.

For me the opposite but I think I made that clear already. I would like to remove it from my brain and give it to you if I could.

Keith 11-14-2020 02:01 AM

I'm not a button pusher but all this passion counts as a like.

And I think Chemda's "guest list" comment: Was it about MISS THANG??!!

(I googled. I'll get to John's google searches soon though I'm sure.)

Keith 11-14-2020 02:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Launi (Post 886598)
I feel like if Keith researched any of JFOD’s internet conspiracies he’d somehow end up in the control room of the entire Internet because he got lost.

“Welp, I guess I run the Internet now. Here’s some bitcoin for you, a little 5G for you. Woah, looks like you’re somehow stuck inside a bridge? up you go.”

I love this so much

Apia resurrected 11-14-2020 02:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keith (Post 886607)
I'm not a button pusher but all this passion counts as a like.

And I think Chemda's "guest list" comment: Was it about MISS THANG??!!

(I googled. I'll get to John's google searches soon though I'm sure.)

He tricked me! I'm changing my attitude right now.
It was an ok show.
So so. Nothing to see here.

Scorpion 11-14-2020 06:44 AM

I just want to say if you're a VIP and you don't support the Kickstarter in the first few days look at yourself, you may be a piece of shit!

I'm kidding... a little. Really though you're already a VIP supporting the show yes that's great and congrats. But you know NOW that you want a copy of the marathon and or you want a copy of Keith's new book.

So don't wait, go to keithandthegirl.com/kick and pledge now! Give Keith and Chemda's heart a break you know how this stresses them out. Don't be the piece of shit I was last year waiting until the last minute!

Lets make this dumpster fire that is 2020 end with the best Kickstarter yet for KaTG!

Lanfear 11-14-2020 08:21 AM

Support the Kickstarter because why wouldn't you want to support the show?

And at least go up to the level where you get the benefit of obnoxiously displaying the snazzy forums banner - trust me it's a joy to have.

CsisandDesist 11-14-2020 09:11 AM

With respect to the show, I can't even... Apia had the right read then the rest of you f*ckers made her change her mind probably by sending 5G signals at her brain in Germany. :)

JFOD is the Alex Jones of the left. Correct on two things out of 3000 conspiracy theories does not make him sane.

Condoning JFOD is a big no for me, no thanks, I like the peace, love etc stuff, but fuck me on the 5G and global control etc.

Apia resurrected 11-14-2020 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CsisandDesist (Post 886615)
With respect to the show, I can't even... Apia had the right read then the rest of you f*ckers made her change her mind probably by sending 5G signals at her brain in Germany. :)

JFOD is the Alex Jones of the left. Correct on two things out of 3000 conspiracy theories does not make him sane.

Condoning JFOD is a big no for me, no thanks, I like the peace, love etc stuff, but fuck me on the 5G and global control etc.

( I didn't really change it, that's just what I want them to think #meta)

Apia resurrected 11-14-2020 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CsisandDesist (Post 886615)

You are 100% right.
When he started with doctors being incentivized for Covid deaths I got really mad.

reedcj 11-14-2020 11:01 AM

I've actually worked with a gal that has the identical thought process and beliefs as him, is it anxiety based?

Bucho 11-14-2020 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Archimedes_Screw (Post 886585)

Didn't you hear? He's been keeping his place tidy and clean.

Apia resurrected 11-14-2020 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bucho (Post 886619)
Didn't you hear? He's been keeping his place tidy and clean.

Pics or it didn't happen

CsisandDesist 11-14-2020 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reedcj (Post 886618)
I've actually worked with a gal that has the identical thought process and beliefs as him, is it anxiety based?

Listening to it is certainly anxiety based for me. LOL.

Svage 11-14-2020 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Apia resurrected (Post 886617)
You are 100% right.
When he started with doctors being incentivized for Covid deaths I got really mad.

That's where he lost me. I'm cool with the crazy shit he says cause its entertaining but to honestly say that? Big hmm 😒 from me.

reedcj 11-14-2020 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CsisandDesist (Post 886621)
Listening to it is certainly anxiety based for me. LOL.

Yeah totally, it was exhausting especially since he had good breath control! Mentality he definitely has a lot going both good and bad🥴

da_ticklah 11-15-2020 04:54 AM

Ok so the part about 5G needing repeaters is actually true there are 4 on my block, the hyper accurate positioning can result in increased privacy concerns.

But there is a ton of crazy wrapped around it.

Keith 11-15-2020 05:07 AM

Hmmm. You gave us a lot to think about.

LoopyLou79 11-15-2020 05:58 AM

Seems Legit

Honestly I listened to this today and it now all seems legit.

Where I live 0.5% of people have COVID

Keith 11-15-2020 06:02 AM

Fuck yeah.

What parts?

LoopyLou79 11-15-2020 06:37 AM

Two things

I wish I had a Bingo card of stoner conspiracies cause I’d have won house on this one!

Ten years ago we used to have regular poker nights and one player used to bring the weed and this was their main talking point. I used to think it was stoner talk now ten years later we are living it :rolleyes: Who would have known the single guys that smoke pot and hang out on the internet would be the soothsayers of the 21st century.

Also their is a fine line between paying attention to Jungian Synchronicity and that line is also the line between reality and psychosis :):)

I think what John was struggling for was Keith and Chemda we’re taking the piss but affectionately, he doesn’t seem to be able to interpret that feeling and process it to shake it off, it bothers him and that is typical of someone who seeks out conspiracies to support there narrative.

da_ticklah 11-15-2020 09:49 AM

Specifically the business uses around 5G include buying position tracking information about all of us. For example it will be possible to track more accurately your physical location and the group of people you tend to be around. It all ends up being marketed as personalization and convenience but it's all about selling our meta data to businesses.

I was at a convention for one of the big three telco's in 2019 they put some kind of 5G tag in the conference badges and had 5G micro cells all over the convention center. At the end showed 'anonymized' data of who went to which talks, who spent time at vendor booths etc. The whole thing was spun into trying to sell companies on buying access to the more accurate positioning data. This could allow a business to determine customer patterns to see who is more likely to buy things from you and you can focus your marketing and advertising appropriately.

I'm not saying 5G is the devil, just saying it's another step in the path of decreased privacy. The one thing JFOD said about 5G signals not travelling as far and needing a bunch of repeaters is very true.

<Non-nerds ignore this part>
And in case there are other engineering types that are going to 'well actually' me on the distance here I'm talking millimeter Wave 5G and not the Sub 6 stuff.
And because some of you cant help yourself
https://www.androidcentral.com/expla...-you-need-know

Quote:

Originally Posted by da_ticklah (Post 886627)
Ok so the part about 5G needing repeaters is actually true there are 4 on my block, the hyper accurate positioning can result in increased privacy concerns.

But there is a ton of crazy wrapped around it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keith (Post 886628)
Hmmm. You gave us a lot to think about.

Apia resurrected 11-15-2020 10:51 AM

I always get mad when people talk about stuff so convinced
Of their opinion and they have no idea.
I'm looking forward to talking about the Covid vaccine.
I already argued with my father.
But I think he accepted in the end that I'm right.

Pharmaceutical testing is something I know a lot about as i really should.
But everyone thinks they know about it.

Apia resurrected 11-16-2020 03:14 AM

Short update about it:

The first look on the Pfizer/ Biontech vaccine looks really good.
Better than expected. It’s still not approved because it’s too early. We need to wait for more results.

And that is because it would be unethical to give one group placebo, one group the vaccine and than expose them to Corona.

So the participants just live their life and some get infected.
That’s why it’s slow. A totalitarian system would just expose everyone to Corona and see the deaths of the people from the control group as collateral damage.

Biontech is a company from our region here ( 25 minutes from me) so people are excited. Plus, the founders are a married couple of scientists who are both children of Turkish immigrants. That’s pretty cool, because we also have anti immigration idiots here.