Keith and The Girl Forums

Keith and The Girl Forums (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/)
-   Show Talk (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f5/)
-   -   3348: The Good Anger w/ Lewis Black (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f5/3348-good-anger-w-lewis-black-22018/)

Scorpion 11-24-2020 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Apia resurrected (Post 886789)
I'm in home office every day and I'm sad. And I know I have a good situation.
I need some hope that one day I will be allowed out or it's going to get worse with me.
I wish every human on the planet health ( maybe not Trump)
but my Nr one question is when can I get a vaccine in Germany.

I feel like that is avoiding the truth for what you want. I can’t live that way. I don’t think I’m being pessimistic. If I’m thinking vaccination is going to be complete by January and it’s not I’ll be more sad than hearing we are looking at the second quarter. I also feel in other countries you might have a better chance. With 74 million Americans voted for Trump I’m not hopeful those will get the vaccine quickly if available. Can’t reach herd threshold without those ass holes!

Apia resurrected 11-24-2020 08:15 AM

I don’t think January, that’s for sure.
I hope things will improve somewhere in the first half of 2021, and improve slowly.
First the health workers will get the vaccine, and than risk patients.
That’s not me.
But this will be an improvement for the hospitals and the situation there.

Apia resurrected 11-24-2020 08:21 AM

I don’t event count on the 70 or how many %
Everyone who gets the vaccine and it works will not give Covid to someone else.
So we need to start where we have some influence, among our friends and families.

And yes, a Covid positive Trump supporter is a danger, but mostly for those who refused to get the vaccine. ( other anti vaccine people)
Luckily kids, who can’t advocate for themselves have a good chance for no or mild symptoms.

Lanfear 11-24-2020 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scorpion (Post 886793)
I feel like that is avoiding the truth for what you want. I can’t live that way. I don’t think I’m being pessimistic. If I’m thinking vaccination is going to be complete by January and it’s not I’ll be more sad than hearing we are looking at the second quarter. I also feel in other countries you might have a better chance. With 74 million Americans voted for Trump I’m not hopeful those will get the vaccine quickly if available. Can’t reach herd threshold without those ass holes!

The estimates I've seen for Germany are claiming ~9 months until a reasonable approximation for herd immunity.
Which makes sense because giving the shots takes time because it needs to be safely administered so you can't just line up people and stab them and it's two doses.

But once we get the frontline/essential workers taken care off first things will get safer fast.

Apia resurrected 11-24-2020 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lanfear (Post 886796)
The estimates I've seen for Germany are claiming ~9 months until a reasonable approximation for herd immunity.
Which makes sense because giving the shots takes time because it needs to be safely administered so you can't just line up people and stab them and it's two doses.

But once we get the frontline/essential workers taken care off first things will get safer fast.

I agree.

shoebootie 11-24-2020 09:26 AM

This was such a great episode! I LOVE Lewis Black! Makes sense he could be called "Keith's Real Dad"

Apia resurrected 11-24-2020 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shoebootie (Post 886801)
This was such a great episode! I LOVE Lewis Black! Makes sense he could be called "Keith's Real Dad"

He was really cool and didn’t have many or any sorry you are over 40 problems.

bag of lazers 11-24-2020 12:51 PM

I've been a Lewis Black fan since the White Album. I wish y'all could have seen the size of my grin when I saw he was the guest. What a great episode!

FreydNot 11-24-2020 03:58 PM

Do you believe in people? Not like I used to. I used to feel like most people meant well and would behave. These trump years have taught me there are a lot more people who just want to watch the world burn than I thought.

I feel like I'm starting to become part of the problem which I have to watch out for. I don't want to assume the worst in people immediately so I chose not to. But I'll turn on your very quick when you show your true colors.

I want to believe the best in people, but FUCK, look around.

Scorpion 11-24-2020 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lanfear (Post 886796)

So I said by April, that's 6 months, I guess I was being optimistic.
9 months put us in the July timeframe for Germany. US is much larger I hope it's about the same or better for most countries... scary times.