Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

Old 08-31-2006, 08:28 AM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzgal
though I don't believe their bunk about being able to cure all sorts of other diseases.
No, but the old ladies do. They believe that a chiropractor can cure anything like Jesus. My sister was visiting with my mother, and we were at my grandmother's house. My sister's an EMT and my mother's a nurse. They were talking about a friend of my sister's that had a baby with MS. My grandmother actually recommended taking it to a chiropractor!
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 09:41 AM   #22 (permalink)

Just for sake of arguing. I believe the HIGH majority of back pains are causes by Stress and poor health (overweight)

Find the cause for your stress and solve it, and you will solve your back problems.

If I have to keep going back more than 3 times to fix a problem, Something is wrong with the fixer. I wouldn't do it with a mechanic or Tailor, Why should I do it with my most valuable possession; my body.

Sorry to offend DrDan and his Chiropractor profession
Old 08-31-2006, 10:26 AM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelG
Just for sake of arguing. I believe the HIGH majority of back pains are causes by Stress and poor health (overweight)
I think that is probably true of most physical and mental ailments, at least when you get older (30+).
Old 08-31-2006, 10:32 AM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:
I thought Dr. Dan was a proctologist?
Old 08-31-2006, 10:43 AM   #25 (permalink)

Quote:

Find the cause for your stress and solve it, and you will solve your back problems.

If I have to keep going back more than 3 times to fix a problem, Something is wrong with the fixer. I wouldn't do it with a mechanic or Tailor, Why should I do it with my most valuable possession; my body.

Amen, MichaelG. I just had to take my boyfriend (oddly enough, he is the guy who stuck the pen in his ass in the email Keith read on this show...) to the ER (not for having a pen in his ass, but for back pain). The guy is about 30 - 40 lbs overweight, has terrible eating habits, doesn't get enough exercise, and has me to deal with (talk about stress!!). I would not have even taken him to the ER but it was a Sunday and we couldn't find any weed so he had to get prescription drugs....hee hee. He'd gone to a chiro a few times and I kept telling him "You don't need a chiro....you need to make healthier lifestyle choices..." Well, after thousands of dollars of tests billed to his insurance company (raising the cost of insurance for all of us) didn't show anything wrong, an ortho finally told him "You need to make healthier lifestyle choices -- lose weight, get more exercise, manage stress, etc.etc." Basically what I had been telling him all along.....Oh well. I should have known a guy who goes around sticking pens in his ass isn't all that smart.........

P.S. This is a totally different situation from Chemda's, so if the chiro makes her feel better, that's great. It wasn't working for my boyfriend.
Old 08-31-2006, 12:21 PM   #26 (permalink)

MichaelG, you're right...my back pains went away after I lost 70 pounds. I was severely overweight. Now I might get a twinge if I've slept wrong, but I take a pain reliever and it's fine. It's nothing like the pain I used to get.

*However, I don't believe that weight would be a cause for Chemda's problem because she's small from what I've seen in the Myspace pictures and the recent New York Times picture.

Last edited by Blitzgal; 08-31-2006 at 12:24 PM.
Old 08-31-2006, 12:24 PM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by benjita
I thought Dr. Dan was a proctologist?
That's his secret identity.
Old 08-31-2006, 12:26 PM   #28 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tashalizzie
Amen, MichaelG. I just had to take my boyfriend (oddly enough, he is the guy who stuck the pen in his ass in the email Keith read on this show...) to the ER (not for having a pen in his ass, but for back pain). The guy is about 30 - 40 lbs overweight, has terrible eating habits, doesn't get enough exercise, and has me to deal with (talk about stress!!). I would not have even taken him to the ER but it was a Sunday and we couldn't find any weed so he had to get prescription drugs....hee hee. He'd gone to a chiro a few times and I kept telling him "You don't need a chiro....you need to make healthier lifestyle choices..." Well, after thousands of dollars of tests billed to his insurance company (raising the cost of insurance for all of us) didn't show anything wrong, an ortho finally told him "You need to make healthier lifestyle choices -- lose weight, get more exercise, manage stress, etc.etc." Basically what I had been telling him all along.....Oh well. I should have known a guy who goes around sticking pens in his ass isn't all that smart.........

P.S. This is a totally different situation from Chemda's, so if the chiro makes her feel better, that's great. It wasn't working for my boyfriend.
It's common that it takes the words from an outside source to motivate change. Whenever you said something, he probably construed it as nagging, but when the doctor said it, then it's something worth noting.

No matter, the cost of the ER will be worth it in the long run if it can get him healthy.
Old 08-31-2006, 12:34 PM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzgal
MichaelG, you're right..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Bicester
I think that is probably true of most physical and mental ailments, at least when you get older (30+).
Quote:
Amen, MichaelG.
3 people agreed with me.

That is a first.
Old 08-31-2006, 01:33 PM   #30 (permalink)

Quote:

There are good chiropractors and bad chiropractors just like there are good and bad doctors, good and bad nurses, good and bad .... well you get the point. IF your boyfriend was going to a good chrio he was probably told the same thing, lose weight, get more excercise etc. I know because I have heard the samething from every doctor and chiropractor I have ever been to. Easier said than done.

PS. when I hit thirty I started having lower back problems, so I took some yoga classes. They taught me how to stretch those muscles and how to use my abdomen muscles when neding and picking things up and my pain was gone in a short amount of time ( a few weeks) and I lost some weight to boot!