Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Will Keith's dad die by the end of summer?
Yes 5 16.13%
No 26 83.87%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree109Likes

Old 01-02-2021, 09:32 AM   #11 (permalink)

Also, my mom actually improved all around after she moved. Better nutrition with meals, interaction with people who are trained in helping, etc. And yes, falls happen wherever you’re living, but more common when people first move in. I think Mrs Malley will be happy.
Keith, The Girl, Scorpion and 3 others like this.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2021, 10:15 AM   #12 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

First-I’m so happy that your mom is finally safe in a home.

Second-let me as a geriatric social worker of 12 years decode your dad’s email- AFTET EMS being called multiple times out to the home for falls, with major injuries, one of which probably caused an unavoidable hospitalization such as a broken hip, your father was told she needed to go to subacute rehab for therapy. I would be SHOCKED if APS wasn’t involved. And I’ll bet he said some bullshit about none of you wanting to be involved. Once she got to SAR for therapy, they likely did some additional assessments and determined that it was not safe for her to return home due to her memory and your dads likely neglect of the situation. He is working with senior law attorneys, probably free as there are some that will offer some services for free as it is a high need service and many seniors can’t afford it. It is possible to move assess around so he doesn’t lose the house and to get her on Medicaid so that can pay for her care at the nursing home. If he’s asking for money you want to be sure it is going to her care. Medicaid can track everything coming in so if he’s asking dor more than 2k be careful as your mom can lose Medicaid coverage.

Again-so happy she is somewhere safe finally.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-02-2021, 10:19 AM   #13 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

The guardianship thing is actually correct. Anyone can apply to be the guardian-even people who aren’t related. Guardianship is a heavy responsibility as you are in charge of everything for the person and usually costs between 2-5k to apply for. It is different the. Power of attorney. Being a spouse doesn’t automatically make someone in charge. And she likely was determined to not have capacity which is why he is having to go through guardianship. He is trying to be shady about everything though per usual.

The Girl, Scorpion and PippaMags like this.
Old 01-02-2021, 10:53 AM   #14 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

Holy fuck I've missed your voices
Happy new year

1) re: people destroying the vaccine and or going to party and disrespecting all the health care workers killing themselves to keep us alive. Apparently there's a movement of nurses against first responders being mandated to get the vaccine. I seriously can't wrap my head around it and I don't want to. https://www.latimes.com/california/s...vaccine-access

2) I had Chemda's same questions about the nursing home. Everything in that email sounds like a scam. Maybe this place doesn't even exist.

3) all these emails and stories happening between the 18th and new years: Your dad is lonely. Your mom is out the house and he has no one to talk to. He's going to keep emailing and may even start calling. My grandmother started calling everyone in the family all night and day after we found her cancer and she couldn't see people in person any more.
So what I'm saying is, fuck him. Let him be lonely for ever. Or until the summer when he'll Definitely die
The Girl, Scorpion, littlp and 1 others like this.

Last edited by FingerLakes; 01-02-2021 at 04:08 PM. Reason: updated with correct link
Old 01-02-2021, 11:45 AM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlp View Post
It is possible to move assess around so he doesn’t lose the house and to get her on Medicaid so that can pay for her care at the nursing home. If he’s asking for money you want to be sure it is going to her care. Medicaid can track everything coming in so if he’s asking dor more than 2k be careful as your mom can lose Medicaid coverage.

Again-so happy she is somewhere safe finally.

I think she can’t get Medicaid unless dad malley sells their land and house and uses that money to pay the nursing home. Here in NJ you can only get it if you have less than $200 in assets. And there’s a look-back period so you cant just instantly sell your house, keep the money, AND apply
The Girl likes this.
Old 01-02-2021, 11:54 AM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hera Again View Post
I think she can’t get Medicaid unless dad malley sells their land and house and uses that money to pay the nursing home. Here in NJ you can only get it if you have less than $200 in assets. And there’s a look-back period so you cant just instantly sell your house, keep the money, AND apply

Which is why he’s Likely talking to an elder
Law attorney to work around those requirements. Depending on the state there are certain exemptions that prevent the spouse from being impoverished because a person has to go to a nursing home. In Indiana there is something called a Miller’s Trust which is essentially a legal way to launder money. Whatever money that would put you over the income limit to qualify for Medicaid, you put into the trust. It can’t be have more than $2000 in it. So it usually goes towards whatever Medicaid doesn’t cover. It
Could even go towards Father Malley’s independent living costs. It sounds like they are in a senior community where they have independent, assisted and nursing home level of care.

Also please note-I’m not a lawyer. Just relaying what I’ve seen some of my patients go through.

Also more on the guardianship thing-the lawyer is actually doing his due diligence to make sure no one is going to show up to contest. And if they do he can be prepared. I’m sure his dad is giving off major “this is bullshit” vibes.

The Girl, Scorpion and Hera Again like this.
Old 01-02-2021, 12:03 PM   #17 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abby View Post
I gave to the kickstarter, but wasn't intending to take advantage of the free OMAT because, you know, excuses...

But then Chemda just said "You've tried a whole bunch of other things, try one more thing."

You know what? You are right Chemda, I have tried a bunch of other things. So I stopped the show and signed up, see you then!

Now excuse me, I have a show to finish!!
The only reason I did not try Omat is the European time.
It sounds really good. But my sleep schedule is extremely important to me and my mental health. Isn't it ironic.
The Girl and Scorpion like this.
Old 01-02-2021, 02:37 PM   #18 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

WW1984 was such a fucking let down. I guess I was lucky I didn't see this mess in a theater and have to pay money to see Chris Pine ruin this movie. The first 40 minutes weren't so bad, when it was just a movie about Diana saving people in secret and Kristen Wiig being awkward and lonely, but then Max Lord's used car salesman and shitty dad act was garbage and then Chris Pine shows up and the quality nose dives. Diana literally stops in the middle of her investigation into Lord when she hears her man and she GOTTA go home and get that D. Why even bring up all that shit about a trickster God if they were never going to be seen in the movie?????
Old 01-02-2021, 06:05 PM   #19 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hera Again View Post
Here in Michigan they exempt the home, you can be on disability or Medicaid and keep your home.
Old 01-03-2021, 11:20 AM   #20 (permalink)
24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Girl View Post
I missed you too. It’s good to be back.

Awwwww. We missed you guys!