Keith and The Girl Forums

Keith and The Girl Forums (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/)
-   Show Talk (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f5/)
-   -   3367: Keith Saves AMC (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f5/3367-keith-saves-amc-22062/)

invader 01-28-2021 08:52 PM

The Hedge funds lose millions everyday, but when they win they make tens, or hundreds of millions. If they lose 50 million and make 51 million they are happy.

It seems like Wallstreetbets original goal was to bankrupt the Hedge funds. That is why a part of the meme is not to sell no matter what. The Hedge funds have to keep buying back the same stocks they short to make up for the losses (if the stock goes up). If there is no stock for them to buy, they go bankrupt. Making millions is a side effect.

Someone explained it to me in terms of poker; Imagine you are playing a game where everyone else you were playing against's sole goal was to make you go bust. Every hand, everyone is in and they always raise. Eventually you are going to go bust along with a decent number of the other players. Sure one or two of the other players will win big, but that is just a side effect, most people at the table will walk away with nothing.

That is why so many news outlets are advising people just to sit back and watch the craziness happen because when all is said and done odds are you are going to be one of the people at the table that went bust.

But at the same time if you wan't to participate, treat it like gambling. Don't bet an amount that you are going to miss if you lose it.

Keith 01-28-2021 09:44 PM

If I buy $30 in delivery food and they give me a pile of shit, is that okay cause I knew I could afford to lose it? Fuck that. ALL IN, BABY!!!

critter2003 01-29-2021 06:17 AM

Keith you talked about getting hypnotized to try and recover a missing Bitcoin password. Here in Australia a couple of radio show hosts bought two Bitcoins years ago and forgot the password. They actually tried hypnosis as you suggested. Unfortunately it didn’t help much and they still haven’t been able to gain access to their Bitcoin wallet.

Scorpion 01-29-2021 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keith (Post 887663)
What an amazing observation!

honestly I didn't see your post until I had already posted.

-edit- great minds think alike!

Keith 01-29-2021 03:54 PM

I know. It was just funny you liked my post and then posted

FingerLakes 01-31-2021 01:14 AM

re: the pics

wait when did we talk about dane cook this ep? hahahha

banger316 01-31-2021 04:42 PM

Smart

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keith (Post 887657)
Is Stalin Craig Klein?

Also, my first stock ever might let me be a part of a class-action lawsuit? This is exciting already!

First you make tons money on the stock and then some extra scratch in the lawsuit thats a 4-D chess move right there keith.

rodimusprime 01-31-2021 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Apia resurrected (Post 887654)
Here is a pic of young Stalin and his hair. Pretty hot. Still a mass murderer and dictator. Too bad.

https://www.thepoke.co.uk/wp-content...t-17.56.17.png

Is it me or does he look like Hollywood Craig Klein?

I know I'm first and only person to notice it. Shocked no one saw this before me.

Carruthers 02-01-2021 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by critter2003 (Post 887668)
... Here in Australia a couple of radio show hosts bought two Bitcoins years ago and forgot the password. They actually tried hypnosis as you suggested. Unfortunately it didn’t help much and they still haven’t been able to gain access to their Bitcoin wallet.

In an unrelated story - professional hypnotist inherits fortune from hitherto unknown uncle.

Liquid 02-04-2021 11:07 PM

Robinhood makes money by selling your data (what trades you make) to the big hedge funds and brokerages so that they can get ahead of the retail investors.

It's extra fucked up cause RB is funded by Citadel which is an investor in the hedgefund that was getting screwed. So at Citadel's request RB stopped users from buying Gamestop.