Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

Old 09-01-2006, 07:45 AM   #21 (permalink)

So, now we know what makes Keith and Chemda orgasm:

Keith - news about Dice
Chemda - cracking the top 50,000 on Alexa
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 07:52 AM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tga
British Office - Subtitles!!?

What else is interesting though is that the brits don't do as many remakes of American programmes (that doesn't include reality tv shows cause that's just reusing a format) and the shows that do come over here, the brits always get what's going on and never need translation. Is it cause it's been dumbed down in the first place or is it cause we have more understanding of American culture than the Americans do of the British culture?

You mean you understand The West Wing? I always think I know whats going on then it suddenly turns into 10 minutes of some completely foreign language
Old 09-01-2006, 09:24 AM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tga
British Office - Subtitles!!?
What are they going to call the Little Britian remake, Little America? That isn't going to make much sense as...well, America is HUGE! It'll be interesting to see how it pans out. What else is interesting though is that the brits don't do as many remakes of American programmes (that doesn't include reality tv shows cause that's just reusing a format) and the shows that do come over here, the brits always get what's going on and never need translation. Is it cause it's been dumbed down in the first place or is it cause we have more understanding of American culture than the Americans do of the British culture?
Anyhoo...it was great to hear Patrice again and hear she is doing good. Well done on the Alexa stats as well

http://www.tvsquad.com/2006/08/31/li...-ized-for-hbo/

According to this article, HBO has called on the stars of Little Britain, David Walliams and Matt Lucas, to create an American version of the program. Normally, when I hear plans to American-ize a popular British television show, I cringe, twitch for a few moments, and walk away. In this case, I'm actually somewhat curious to see just how in they're going to pull this off. I suppose they'll be tackling the various regions of the States in a similar style to LB, but will they ever be able to create characters of the same extremity as Lou and Andy or Vicki Pollard?
Old 09-01-2006, 09:30 AM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelG
http://www.tvsquad.com/2006/08/31/li...-ized-for-hbo/

According to this article, HBO has called on the stars of Little Britain, David Walliams and Matt Lucas, to create an American version of the program. Normally, when I hear plans to American-ize a popular British television show, I cringe, twitch for a few moments, and walk away. In this case, I'm actually somewhat curious to see just how in they're going to pull this off. I suppose they'll be tackling the various regions of the States in a similar style to LB, but will they ever be able to create characters of the same extremity as Lou and Andy or Vicki Pollard?
I remember being excited by the U.S. version of Coupling because I liked the U.K. version so much. Turns out they followed the same script down to a "T" and didn't change one fuckin' thing. Not only that, but the American actors were far less funny than their U.K. counterparts.

I don't remember the British version of The Office, but I think the Americans changed it up at least a little bit when they started out with season one. After Arrested Development, The Office is probably my favourite show.

I was told to watch Little Britain by our old friend Paul, but never found it, or found the time to actually hunt for it. I'll probably watch an American version, but don't have anything to compare it to.
Old 09-01-2006, 10:43 AM   #25 (permalink)

Thanks for the link

Quote:
Originally Posted by emkje
http://www.despair.com

I have the pessimist's coffeemug
I had these in a powerpoint presentation. The site has way more. Thanks again.

The direct link to the posters is: http://www.despair.com/viewall.html

BTW: Both versions of the Office are funnier than 99.999% of the crap on TV these days. Both make me laugh when watching the same episodes over and over. Which one is funnier than the other doesn't matter.

Ciao
Old 09-01-2006, 10:49 AM   #26 (permalink)

Why was Chemda so quiet when Keith and Patrice bad mouthing singers who sing all the time.

Dice and his Own Reality. Scrape the bottom of the barrel, next time

Congrats on show 337 and breaking 50k on Alexsis.

Dice made Keith cum and then Alexsis make Chemda cum.

Patrice needs her $2k purse to help her finish.

REALY GLAD TO HEAR PATRICE. Made my Friday Drive in to work very enjoyable

Link to the song at the EOS please.
Old 09-01-2006, 10:52 AM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stjoe
I remember being excited by the U.S. version of Coupling because I liked the U.K. version so much. Turns out they followed the same script down to a "T" and didn't change one fuckin' thing. Not only that, but the American actors were far less funny than their U.K. counterparts.

I don't remember the British version of The Office, but I think the Americans changed it up at least a little bit when they started out with season one. After Arrested Development, The Office is probably my favourite show.

I was told to watch Little Britain by our old friend Paul, but never found it, or found the time to actually hunt for it. I'll probably watch an American version, but don't have anything to compare it to.
that was the difference with coupling and the office.

The office did it right by changing it enough to NOt be exactly like the UK version.

Coupling would have been so good for Am tv. "Friends" who have sex.
Old 09-01-2006, 07:23 PM   #28 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tga
British Office - Subtitles!!?But really, why must the Americans continue to massacre original and creative British programming? So you guys can dumb it down and make sure to take the ruder joke out cause it will offend middle America. It's a shame cause it looses it's original quality. So many shows have had this done and The Office is the only one that has really made it (unless there are others I don't realise are as successful?).
I'm with you. Little Britain is really, really good AS IS, and bringing it here, HBO or not, is just going to ruin it.
Old 09-01-2006, 07:31 PM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelG
Link to the song at the EOS please.
Yeah, I'd like that link too. How many different ways can you spell Letisha?? Way too many.
Old 09-01-2006, 09:06 PM   #30 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hencca
I say we should all have Keith Malley quotes in out emails for one week.
FUUUUUUUUCK YOOOU!