Keith and The Girl Forums

Keith and The Girl Forums (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/)
-   Show Talk (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f5/)
-   -   3372: Framing Britney Spears w/ Joanne Filan (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f5/3372-framing-britney-spears-w-joanne-filan-22075/)

Keith 02-12-2021 04:05 PM

3372: Framing Britney Spears w/ Joanne Filan

Tattoos and Alfred Hitchcock; Trump’s second impeachment; Britney Spears

Guest:
Joanne Filan
http://static-3.keithandthegirl.net/...an-100x100.jpg

Share this episode: Twitter, Facebook & email

Get the show: on iTunes, on Stitcher and RSS feed

Apia resurrected 02-13-2021 01:23 AM

I am in video therapy once a week and it helps. Luckily I found a therapist I like.
It’s paid for 100% by my insurance and that’s one of many points I am grateful for in Germany.
It helped a lot with my intrusive thoughts.

Keith 02-13-2021 01:48 AM

Stop your teasin’!

What’s the worst intrusive thoughts? Don’t fuck around.

Apia resurrected 02-13-2021 02:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keith (Post 887825)
Stop your teasin’!

What’s the worst intrusive thoughts? Don’t fuck around.

What if i killed Keith?

Apia resurrected 02-13-2021 02:28 AM

No i didnt have this one. But basically what if I somehow
Went insane and turned violent to everyone around me?
Killed people on the street with my car and so on. Because its not impossible that something happened to my brain and I would do it?

Btw I am not a violent person at all and the thoughts are produced by an overactive brain.
Like movies played in my brain non stop to somehow prevent me from going violent? Its twisted.

Apia resurrected 02-13-2021 03:36 AM

I can feel empathy for Britney and still remember her as annoying. I at similar age to her.
The way she was marketed added to pressure on young women. She was super sexual and said things like:
Im a Virgin and am waiting for my one husband to have sex with because I love Jesus. I don't care about politics. I will vote for the person my mom and dad tell me to.

So the image was, be pretty, have no opinion and no agency over your sexuality while talking about it non stop.

I hated it 20 years ago.

AstoriaGirl 02-13-2021 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Apia resurrected (Post 887828)
I can feel empathy for Britney and still remember her as annoying. I at similar age to her.
The way she was marketed added to pressure on young women. She was super sexual and said things like:
Im a Virgin and am waiting for my one husband to have sex with because I love Jesus. I don't care about politics. I will vote for the person my mom and dad tell me to.

So the image was, be pretty, have no opinion and no agency over your sexuality while talking about it non stop.

I hated it 20 years ago.

But she was a child and those were powerful people's words coming through her mouth. She was a victim of it like the rest of us.

Apia resurrected 02-13-2021 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AstoriaGirl (Post 887829)
But she was a child and those were powerful people's words coming through her mouth. She was a victim of it like the rest of us.

I get it intellectually.
Still the negative memory remains.

Skyler 02-15-2021 04:39 PM

I was ready to post an umbrella after the first few minutes of this. Kinda loosened up after a few. K & C are just such pros.

Scorpion 02-15-2021 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Apia resurrected (Post 887827)
No i didnt have this one. But basically what if I somehow
Went insane and turned violent to everyone around me?
Killed people on the street with my car and so on. Because its not impossible that something happened to my brain and I would do it?

Btw I am not a violent person at all and the thoughts are produced by an overactive brain.
Like movies played in my brain non stop to somehow prevent me from going violent? Its twisted.

sounds like my dat <edit day> to day... never thought I should talk to anyone about it. I've never thought to actually do anything like that just imagined it in detail.