Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Will Keith find a restaurant in time?
Yes 12 80.00%
No 3 20.00%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree22Likes

Old 03-08-2021, 07:41 AM   #11 (permalink)

How old is "old" for this cat? I agree with Subhah, usually they get over being scared. I used to catsit for this couple who'd travel a lot, and one trip, their female cat out of nowhere became really violent toward me. I had to grab a broom to hold her away to get to the litter boxes. Scared the shit out of me, and after that I told the owners that I'm sorry but I can't watch your cats anymore. A little bit later she reached out to let me know that cat had some kind of health thing going on and I "saved her life..." by noticing she'd turned into a psycho, apparently. Anyway, if the cat is old and has a major change in behavior, there COULD be a health thing going on, and health issues can arise as animals age. If this is a major behavioral change for him that is consistent over time, just get him a routine checkup at the vet.

However, if the cat was always a bit of crank and an asshole, it could just be like Joe said, he's pissed that Kyle is gone.

The sneak attacking when you walk around a corner generally means they are bored and need stimulation. Certain dogs get the same way if they are alone too long and don't get play time - they go a bit neurotic. If Kyle and the kids normally play with the cat, then again, he's mad that they are gone. If he likes to play with toys and they have one of those wand toys, with the toy at the end of a string, you can dangle that around and see if he wants to play. It's a good toy that keeps some distance between you and the cat, in case he's just pissed and an asshole. It prompts the hunting instinct in them, and he can hunt the toy instead of your foot, burn off some excess energy, and then chill the fuck out a bit.
Old 03-09-2021, 06:45 PM   #12 (permalink)

One of my cats who usually follows me around all day gets angry when we leave her for vacations. It takes a day before she'll interact with us again. I believe she generally has anxious attachment style which makes sense why she gets so hurt by being left alone.

I think it can be quite emotionally hard for many cats to be left alone. It will come as a surprise to most people, but cats are very social creatures. It is why it is recommended if you get kittens, to get two kittens for their emotional well being.
Scorpion likes this.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2021, 06:46 PM   #13 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

But I was there right away. Why am I the bad guy this asshole!!!
Scorpion likes this.
(Online)   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2021, 01:07 PM   #14 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Whenever one of these two is a guest it's probably going to be the best ep of the week, but BOTH OF THEM AT ONCE?!?! Fuhgetabaaaah.

Meanwhile, on the Nomadland awards thing: You know how sometimes the best player in the league doesn't play for the team that wins the league? It's like that but with movies.

The judges reckoned Frances McDormand gave a 9/10 performance in a movie with 9/10 direction, 9/10 cinematography etc. But they also reckoned another actor gave a 10/10 performance in a film which only had 8/10 direction and 7/10 cinematography or whatever.

Capiche?

The other thing to factor into it is that awards for art have been horseshit since before we were born and taking them even close to seriously is very, very goofy.
Old 03-10-2021, 02:17 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
But I was there right away. Why am I the bad guy this asshole!!!
You're not the asshole. Blame Kyle and her kids.

Last edited by bagelwagel; 03-10-2021 at 02:37 PM.