Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Do you watch the Kentucky Derby?
Yes 2 10.00%
No 18 90.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree22Likes
  • 2 Post By Keith
  • 3 Post By CsisandDesist
  • 4 Post By Apia resurrected
  • 1 Post By Apia resurrected
  • 1 Post By jaredv1214
  • 3 Post By Sparrow
  • 2 Post By Apia resurrected
  • 3 Post By Sparrow
  • 2 Post By Sparrow
  • 1 Post By Apia resurrected

Old 05-10-2021, 03:36 PM   #1 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

3405: To the Moon

Keith and Chemda talk Mother’s Day, periods, and Elon Musk ruining Keith’s portfolio by hosting SNL. Keith discusses the heartbreaking family phone call to his mother, and Vincient writes in to follow up on the email he sent in a black-out. KATG reports the death of video vixen Tawny Kitaen, and even the Kentucky Derby horses are on drugs. Seth Rogan acknowledges James Franco’s sexual misconduct allegations and announces he doesn’t plan to work with him again.

Share this episode: Twitter, Facebook & email

Get the show: on iTunes, on Stitcher and RSS feed
The Girl and Scorpion like this.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2021, 12:48 PM   #2 (permalink)

I watched my Dad decline from dementia over a period of about three years. At first, he had minor aphasia, where he would miss words or say incorrect words. That began to rapidly get worse and worse, where he couldn't say full sentences, just maybe a phrase or so.

My Mom, managed to look after him until he was hospitalized, with the last month it became clear that he didn't really know who she was. I visited one weekend and he complained to me that "the girl" (sorry Chemda), wouldn't let him go for a walk on his own. Due to the aphasia, it was jumbled and it took a bit until I realized that he was talking about my Mom, and really what he was saying, which was a huge shock.

By the time he was hospitalized with a minor lung infection, he could only just say the odd word, and that was only in anger at the nurses. He was generally combative when he was awake, and it was a bit tough to watch.

When he passed, I almost didn't go see him, but I ended up going and finally saw him at peace, which was a relief. I was happy I saw him at rest and not fighting everything any longer.

It's a tough process to watch and I hope you look after yourself Keith.
Keith, The Girl and Sparrow like this.
Old 05-11-2021, 01:24 PM   #3 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

New on my gratitude list:
Im not addicted to meth. I never even tried it, and I don’t plan to.
Old 05-11-2021, 01:29 PM   #4 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

I think it’s good what Seth said.
He is not the victim here, but it isn’t easy to realize that a person who was a good friend to you was also awful and abusive to others.
And in the past it didn’t happen. Abusive men didn’t face any consequences from their peers.
Scorpion likes this.
Old 05-11-2021, 06:30 PM   #5 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Chemda, people do not hate elon musk simply because he is a billionaire. they hate him because he's a transphoboic, homophobic, racist, misogynistic, bigot who spread covid misinformation for months. he is not some benevolent tech genius. he's some guy who used his family's apartheid money to buy a controlling stake in tesla. people hate him because he is a bad guy plain and simple
Scorpion likes this.
Old 05-12-2021, 10:17 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apia resurrected View Post
New on my gratitude list:
Im not addicted to meth. I never even tried it, and I don’t plan to.
anyone curious: don’t. of all the things one could do, it is by far the most destructive AND trashy. for starters, it will ruin your teeth. meth mouth is a real thing. one of my own dirty secrets can be located on the back of my lower front teeth from two years as a teenager. it will also destroy the part of you that’s human. there’s a light behind peoples’ eyes that visibly goes out. it’s terrifying. one of my good friends stabbed his mother to death on Mother’s Day weekend then set their home on fire.

i’ve used from Ice to Crank with pregnant women, fathers in front of their children, rapists, killers, manufacturers, in several homes with no electricity, and among all the rich kids from the private golf communities slumming it with the hillbillies.

does it feel that good? sure. is it worth doing? not by a long shot.
jcro21, Scorpion and Maya like this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aunt_helen View Post
Laugh a little, chigger. The world is a fun place.
Old 05-12-2021, 10:52 AM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
anyone curious: don’t. of all the things one could do, it is by far the most destructive AND trashy. for starters, it will ruin your teeth. meth mouth is a real thing. one of my own dirty secrets can be located on the back of my lower front teeth from two years as a teenager. it will also destroy the part of you that’s human. there’s a light behind peoples’ eyes that visibly goes out. it’s terrifying. one of my good friends stabbed his mother to death on Mother’s Day weekend then set their home on fire.

i’ve used from Ice to Crank with pregnant women, fathers in front of their children, rapists, killers, manufacturers, in several homes with no electricity, and among all the rich kids from the private golf communities slumming it with the hillbillies.

does it feel that good? sure. is it worth doing? not by a long shot.
Thanks for sharing. And I'm glad you are not doing it anymore.
I have luckily no interest in hard drugs.
Scorpion and Sparrow like this.
Old 05-12-2021, 11:21 AM   #8 (permalink)

two things:

a) quitting cold turkey wasn’t difficult. i can only assume genetics on that one.

ii) i stopped when i met Sarge. i went to college and none of my druggie friends even finished high school. he was a recovering addict at the time and informed me if i were still using, we couldn’t hook up. he saved me. i never forgot that.
Old 05-12-2021, 11:36 AM   #9 (permalink)

i feel lead to add, just for texture, none of the Meth Monsters i ever knew were anything less than polite, respectful, generous, and protective of me. ‘No’ was an acceptable answer to any situation. i’ve only been bullied or assaulted by veterans.
Scorpion and Apia resurrected like this.
Old 05-12-2021, 12:01 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
i feel lead to add, just for texture, none of the Meth Monsters i ever knew were anything less than polite, respectful, generous, and protective of me. ‘No’ was an acceptable answer to any situation. i’ve only been bullied or assaulted by veterans.
I liked your post but I want to make clear that I didnt like the assault part.
I liked your honesty.
Scorpion likes this.