Keith and The Girl Forums

Keith and The Girl Forums (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/)
-   Show Talk (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f5/)
-   -   3392: Before You Start Rolling Your Eyes ... w/ Danny Vega and Sara Levine (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f5/3392-before-you-start-rolling-your-eyes-w-danny-vega-sara-levine-22118/)

Apia resurrected 04-03-2021 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dannyvega (Post 888413)
Yes!!! I'm so happy we got more clarity on this juicy sitch. I'd love to bring up how Chemda agreed w me, but the threat of death looms :D

Hey Danny!

punk'n 04-03-2021 10:48 AM

I totally disagree with the car thing. The dude was 100% being sexist. How old are you that you can't control yourself around hot people? Grow up, that lady deserves to make a sale.

Apia resurrected 04-03-2021 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by punk'n (Post 888418)
I totally disagree with the car thing. The dude was 100% being sexist. How old are you that you can't control yourself around hot people? Grow up, that lady deserves to make a sale.

I had to learn that you don't deserve a sale unless you earn it. But also, I dont sell cars.

Rabbit 04-03-2021 12:38 PM

Danny nailed it with the last statement about the car buyer. He is a pathetic man but he is not the asshole in this scenario.

I’m a big people pleaser who gives people the benefit of the doubt. I HATE car shopping. I have to turn off that part of my brain and assume everything they tell me could be a lie. The last time I bought a car I was trading in my car which was in great shape, but it just had some dog hair in the back seat. “We pay a detailing company $100 an hour to clean up our trade ins, so we have to knock money off for that.” I had to tell him that it wasn’t my problem that they overpay for getting their car cleaned. I felt like a dick, but I also couldn’t just roll over and accept $1000 less for my trade in.

Anyway, if this guy knows that all it takes is a pretty girl to flirt with him and all reason goes out the window then he can ask for a different salesperson. He wasn’t calling her a slut! He wasn’t calling her unprofessional. He just knew he wasn’t going to be able to play hardball with her. NTA but also get it together.

thirteen 04-03-2021 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rabbit (Post 888420)
... it just had some dog hair in the back seat.

Saying "some" dog hair is like saying "a few" geese. They are probably trying to swindle you, but pet hair is also a pain in the ass.

Apia resurrected 04-04-2021 12:41 AM

When I’m at work at talk to customers and others the big majority of the time I don’t care what they look like. But sometimes, sometimes someone is so attractive that I’m annoyed by it. It happens not often at all, maybe once in two years or so.
And only if I see them for the first time, the next time I’m mentally prepared.

And that’s why. I’m alone in a room with this person and we talk about some medical study. I notice how pretty they are and am less focused.
Im not like the guy in the scenario, because I can get over it but it takes work.
The worst are those who know exactly how attractive they are. We talk, and I see in their eyes that they notice that I just noticed how pretty they are.
I don’t like it at all, because for a moment I am not focused on work.

When I see that person again, I know what to expect and they don’t have the same effect on me.
So I get wanting to see a less attractive sales person. The customer here doesn’t have great social skills and hasn’t learned yet how to control himself in these situations and knows it.

Archimedes_Screw 04-04-2021 11:35 AM

I have some wonderful duck recipes. The neighbor can keep feeding the ducks and I can have roast duck on the weekends. Win/win.

punk'n 04-04-2021 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Apia resurrected (Post 888424)
When I’m at work at talk to customers and others the big majority of the time I don’t care what they look like. But sometimes, sometimes someone is so attractive that I’m annoyed by it. It happens not often at all, maybe once in two years or so.
And only if I see them for the first time, the next time I’m mentally prepared.

And that’s why. I’m alone in a room with this person and we talk about some medical study. I notice how pretty they are and am less focused.
Im not like the guy in the scenario, because I can get over it but it takes work.
The worst are those who know exactly how attractive they are. We talk, and I see in their eyes that they notice that I just noticed how pretty they are.
I don’t like it at all, because for a moment I am not focused on work.

When I see that person again, I know what to expect and they don’t have the same effect on me.
So I get wanting to see a less attractive sales person. The customer here doesn’t have great social skills and hasn’t learned yet how to control himself in these situations and knows it.

I also work in "sales". I work at a steak house/ wine bar where our most expensive bottle is $10,000. I'm trying to sell nice bottles to get good tips. It's happened so many times that I make a recommendation and the table will ask to talk to the "wine guy". So I send over someone with a penis to make my sale.

I know it's a different scenario but I feel for the woman in this sitch .

Keith 04-04-2021 06:27 PM

I hear ya. Again, I find car salespeople to be the worst and unlike anything else. It’s hard to find sympathy.

Apia resurrected 04-05-2021 02:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by punk'n (Post 888429)
I also work in "sales". I work at a steak house/ wine bar where our most expensive bottle is $10,000. I'm trying to sell nice bottles to get good tips. It's happened so many times that I make a recommendation and the table will ask to talk to the "wine guy". So I send over someone with a penis to make my sale.

I know it's a different scenario but I feel for the woman in this sitch .

This is completely different to me and a classic case of sexism.