Keith and The Girl Forums

Keith and The Girl Forums (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/)
-   Show Talk (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f5/)
-   -   3403: With Full Patience w/ Casey James Salengo (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f5/3403-full-patience-w-casey-james-salengo-22144/)

Keith 05-05-2021 03:39 PM

3403: With Full Patience w/ Casey James Salengo

Casey joins KATG to discuss Carole Baskin’s crypto-purr-ency, that second vaccination dose, a letter relating to Keith’s food frustrations with his lover, Adolf Hitler’s twisted sex life, Bill Gates’s meet-ups with his ex-girlfriend, and Keith’s dad reaching out again to Keith while denying ever writing those now infamously disgusting emails. Then we look in the past at Lori Loughlin taking karate classes to survive her 2-month sentence.

Guest:
Casey James Salengo
http://static-4.keithandthegirl.net/...ES-100x100.jpg

Share this episode: Twitter, Facebook & email

Get the show: on iTunes, on Stitcher and RSS feed

Khylee 05-05-2021 07:05 PM

Casey "yes and"ing Keith, even (or maybe especially) during the better health commercial, is some of the best shit I've heard this week. Thank you for making this miserable week better.

Launi 05-06-2021 01:03 AM

I just love when Casey is on. He’s so laidback with his tone and adds onto whatever the topic is, then randomly drops some trauma by saying “my dad fell asleep and crashed his car after his second shot,” then just continues with his casual banter. I’m getting my second Moderna shot next Friday and now I’m going to be extra careful driving. 😬

Apia resurrected 05-06-2021 01:08 AM

Luckily Mr Apia is a very unproblematic eater.
He doesn't like food too spicy, this is obviously wrong but at least he
is very clear about it.
He also gets the concept of ordering different dishes and exchangig food.
No wonder we are together for 15 years.

invader 05-06-2021 06:25 AM

It seems like Kyle is buying food for Keith under the guise of food she likes. Just like when she added water to the Gatorade.

I have a similar issue, my wife prefers "fresh" vegetables over frozen. She feels that they are "better". My argument is at best they are just as healthy, except since the vegetables weren't flash frozen and packaged at the time of harvesting the fresh vegetables have an ample amount of time to pick up extra bacteria and start to spoil during transit. They also dont keep for the same amount of time. So we always have a fridge full of fresh vegetables that start to spoil by the end of the week and just end up in the trash. Oh yeah so much better.

Scorpion 05-06-2021 10:05 AM

I hate yoink. When someone takes food off my plate it sends a wave of fury through me. I contain that rage but keep your hands, fork whatever off my plate.
I don’t mind sharing but it needs to be like a thing at start. I’m sure this has to do with food insecurity as a child. Don’t get me wrong it wasn’t that bad but I didn’t always have enough food to fill me up, I always had food. I remember one night eating a bunch of lettuce for dinner, that’s a weird memory... taking food off my plate... just please don’t. I’ll give you some.

For example I share French fries but I always set them aside not on my plate. At a restraint I’d order a side of fries or offer them and give out some of my plate.

I know I’m odd

Sparrow 05-06-2021 11:43 AM

Bear doesn’t enjoy breakfast food. it’s not really a problem since our relationship is open to my going to Waffle House with someone else.

FingerLakes 05-07-2021 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scorpion (Post 888767)
I hate yoink. When someone takes food off my plate it sends a wave of fury through me.

I know I’m odd

That's not odd. I hate it too in most cases. Unless we're SUUUPER close friends don't do it. Not even on a date. Probably/Definitely born from being the youngest and having my brothers take stuff from me or take the biggest pieces of food growing up.

Hearing Casey's can of Peas/bodega sammich grocery list makes me very happy i learned how to cook. Fried Cabbage, sauteed bok choy and roasted broc are my current faves. But hell. even canned veggies can be good in some fried rice or on the side of meat.

Scorpion 05-07-2021 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FingerLakes (Post 888774)
That's not odd. I hate it too in most cases. Unless we're SUUUPER close friends don't do it. Not even on a date. Probably/Definitely born from being the youngest and having my brothers take stuff from me or take the biggest pieces of food growing up.

Hearing Casey's can of Peas/bodega sammich grocery list makes me very happy i learned how to cook. Fried Cabbage, sauteed bok choy and roasted broc are my current faves. But hell. even canned veggies can be good in some fried rice or on the side of meat.

Nah super close friend should know better I’ll stab your hand with my fork! You know that thing people do “I don’t want anything I’ll just have some of yours.” Yeah that’s bullshit! I’ll buy another just for you than. And don’t lie to me about not wanting ANY then pick off mine, ooooh no no no. I’ve just given all my fries away for people reaching over my shoulder.
Here just take then all.
No I don’t want any, I’m good
No clearly you do, here I’m done anyway

Then I’ll order another or something else I don’t give a shit if the first order gets eaten or not

I may be a little stubborn... Chemda and I may never be able to be friends with food around :(:(:(
Yes I have actually poked a hand with my fork before, it was a long time ago. No harm done. I probably wouldn’t do it again... I don’t know I’m getting angry now just typing this... so maybe I need therapy. What is that gethelpyoufuck.org

jcro21 05-08-2021 03:24 PM

“vinegar’s in EVERRRRYTHING” made me lol, post blue apron Keith knows his shit.

I used to be a super picky eater until I hit my late teens, and now I have almost no sympathy for people who don’t like eating most foods. It’s like, have you ever even TRIED eggplant? It’s actually better than chicken fingers. For me it was all psychological, I didn’t like vegetables because I didn’t try a lot of them before, and then once I let go of the idea that I didn’t “like” vegetables and tried them, I started to like them.

For me the gateway drug to eating different foods was just cooking them with lots of garlic.