Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Can you relate to Keith and Kyle's food situation?
Yes 5 23.81%
No 16 76.19%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree46Likes

Old 05-05-2021, 03:39 PM   #1 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

3403: With Full Patience w/ Casey James Salengo

Casey joins KATG to discuss Carole Baskin’s crypto-purr-ency, that second vaccination dose, a letter relating to Keith’s food frustrations with his lover, Adolf Hitler’s twisted sex life, Bill Gates’s meet-ups with his ex-girlfriend, and Keith’s dad reaching out again to Keith while denying ever writing those now infamously disgusting emails. Then we look in the past at Lori Loughlin taking karate classes to survive her 2-month sentence.

Guest:
Casey James Salengo

Share this episode: Twitter, Facebook & email

Get the show: on iTunes, on Stitcher and RSS feed
The Girl and Scorpion like this.
(Online)   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2021, 07:05 PM   #2 (permalink)

Casey "yes and"ing Keith, even (or maybe especially) during the better health commercial, is some of the best shit I've heard this week. Thank you for making this miserable week better.
Keith, Scorpion and craigish like this.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2021, 01:03 AM   #3 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

I just love when Casey is on. He’s so laidback with his tone and adds onto whatever the topic is, then randomly drops some trauma by saying “my dad fell asleep and crashed his car after his second shot,” then just continues with his casual banter. I’m getting my second Moderna shot next Friday and now I’m going to be extra careful driving. 😬
Old 05-06-2021, 01:08 AM   #4 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Luckily Mr Apia is a very unproblematic eater.
He doesn't like food too spicy, this is obviously wrong but at least he
is very clear about it.
He also gets the concept of ordering different dishes and exchangig food.
No wonder we are together for 15 years.
The Girl, Scorpion and thirteen like this.
Old 05-06-2021, 06:25 AM   #5 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

It seems like Kyle is buying food for Keith under the guise of food she likes. Just like when she added water to the Gatorade.

I have a similar issue, my wife prefers "fresh" vegetables over frozen. She feels that they are "better". My argument is at best they are just as healthy, except since the vegetables weren't flash frozen and packaged at the time of harvesting the fresh vegetables have an ample amount of time to pick up extra bacteria and start to spoil during transit. They also dont keep for the same amount of time. So we always have a fridge full of fresh vegetables that start to spoil by the end of the week and just end up in the trash. Oh yeah so much better.
The Girl, Scorpion and Sparrow like this.
Old 05-06-2021, 10:05 AM   #6 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

I hate yoink. When someone takes food off my plate it sends a wave of fury through me. I contain that rage but keep your hands, fork whatever off my plate.
I don’t mind sharing but it needs to be like a thing at start. I’m sure this has to do with food insecurity as a child. Don’t get me wrong it wasn’t that bad but I didn’t always have enough food to fill me up, I always had food. I remember one night eating a bunch of lettuce for dinner, that’s a weird memory... taking food off my plate... just please don’t. I’ll give you some.

For example I share French fries but I always set them aside not on my plate. At a restraint I’d order a side of fries or offer them and give out some of my plate.

I know I’m odd
Old 05-06-2021, 11:43 AM   #7 (permalink)

Bear doesn’t enjoy breakfast food. it’s not really a problem since our relationship is open to my going to Waffle House with someone else.
The Girl, jcro21, Scorpion and 1 others like this.
Old 05-07-2021, 09:31 AM   #8 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpion View Post
I hate yoink. When someone takes food off my plate it sends a wave of fury through me.

I know I’m odd
That's not odd. I hate it too in most cases. Unless we're SUUUPER close friends don't do it. Not even on a date. Probably/Definitely born from being the youngest and having my brothers take stuff from me or take the biggest pieces of food growing up.

Hearing Casey's can of Peas/bodega sammich grocery list makes me very happy i learned how to cook. Fried Cabbage, sauteed bok choy and roasted broc are my current faves. But hell. even canned veggies can be good in some fried rice or on the side of meat.
jcro21 and fuckface like this.

Last edited by FingerLakes; 05-07-2021 at 09:34 AM.
Old 05-07-2021, 02:17 PM   #9 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FingerLakes View Post
That's not odd. I hate it too in most cases. Unless we're SUUUPER close friends don't do it. Not even on a date. Probably/Definitely born from being the youngest and having my brothers take stuff from me or take the biggest pieces of food growing up.

Hearing Casey's can of Peas/bodega sammich grocery list makes me very happy i learned how to cook. Fried Cabbage, sauteed bok choy and roasted broc are my current faves. But hell. even canned veggies can be good in some fried rice or on the side of meat.
Nah super close friend should know better I’ll stab your hand with my fork! You know that thing people do “I don’t want anything I’ll just have some of yours.” Yeah that’s bullshit! I’ll buy another just for you than. And don’t lie to me about not wanting ANY then pick off mine, ooooh no no no. I’ve just given all my fries away for people reaching over my shoulder.
Here just take then all.
No I don’t want any, I’m good
No clearly you do, here I’m done anyway

Then I’ll order another or something else I don’t give a shit if the first order gets eaten or not

I may be a little stubborn... Chemda and I may never be able to be friends with food around
Yes I have actually poked a hand with my fork before, it was a long time ago. No harm done. I probably wouldn’t do it again... I don’t know I’m getting angry now just typing this... so maybe I need therapy. What is that gethelpyoufuck.org
FingerLakes likes this.
Old 05-08-2021, 03:24 PM   #10 (permalink)

“vinegar’s in EVERRRRYTHING” made me lol, post blue apron Keith knows his shit.

I used to be a super picky eater until I hit my late teens, and now I have almost no sympathy for people who don’t like eating most foods. It’s like, have you ever even TRIED eggplant? It’s actually better than chicken fingers. For me it was all psychological, I didn’t like vegetables because I didn’t try a lot of them before, and then once I let go of the idea that I didn’t “like” vegetables and tried them, I started to like them.

For me the gateway drug to eating different foods was just cooking them with lots of garlic.
Keith, The Girl and Khylee like this.