Keith and The Girl Forums

Keith and The Girl Forums (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/)
-   Show Talk (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f5/)
-   -   3414: Funny That Way w/ Julia Scotti (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f5/3414-funny-way-w-julia-scotti-22170/)

Keith 06-07-2021 07:13 PM

3414: Funny That Way w/ Julia Scotti

Transgender comic Julia Scotti transitioned 20 years ago, and she joins KATG to share her heartbreaks and inspiring breakthroughs

Guest:
Julia Scotti
http://static-1.keithandthegirl.net/...a-100x100.jpeg

Share this episode: Twitter, Facebook & email

Get the show: on iTunes, on Stitcher and RSS feed

joslingeneva 06-07-2021 09:04 PM

Re: the genitals question, while I understand the impulse, multiple trans people have said they hate that question. So I’m gonna listen to them and follow their lead. Plus I honestly don’t care and if I did Google is very much a thing. Love you guys dearly, thanks for listening and being willing to grow.

Keith 06-07-2021 10:11 PM

She’s an open book. But I hear ya.

Apia resurrected 06-08-2021 12:15 AM

We know Keith and know that he is a good guy. For her, who only sees his face for the first time it went to fast i to the penis vagina talk. I get it. She was afraid that Keith wouldn't respect her. Im sure as a trans woman comic who transitioned 20 years ago, she has had terrible experiences.
Have her on again.

SpicyNattoRoll 06-08-2021 02:02 AM

Not so sure about this guest

I'm only about 14 minutes into this episode, but I literally had to stop and come to the forums to see what was being said about this guest. I found her reluctance to speak about her 1st marriage or even her experience as coming out transgendered (and again only 14 minutes in) was really off putting. Why would you come on to a comedy talk show, knowing that we're gonna want to discuss your history, but then say that there's topics (that you already mentioned in the documentary) that aren't up for discussion?! Based on the comments above, seems like the show takes a turn that may explain her reluctance, so I'll listen on, but yeah. I disliked her attitude so much, I had to come to the forums to see what's doing.

FreydNot 06-08-2021 03:08 AM

Ding ding ding!

I'm 8 minutes in and it's already a mess. I knew from the second the guest spoke (interrupting Keith) and they were using a shitty mic that we were in for a time. No wonder the first show back from vacation was only 55 minutes.

Gotta keep listening now. Sounds like it's going to get good.

thirteen 06-08-2021 06:19 AM

Not wanting to talk about genitals makes sense, the reluctance to talk about their first marriage and other things right away...not so much. Guests should be doing their research on what podcast they're going to be on. I'm not sure if age and technology plays a factor in this.

I still enjoyed the episode as Keith and Chemda are both professionals and Chemda asked her more questions while Keith's connection was on and off.

Quote:

Originally Posted by FreydNot (Post 889120)
No wonder the first show back from vacation was only 55 minutes.

To be fair, they'd probably do a solo episode to get into any vacation shenanigans.

Apia resurrected 06-08-2021 06:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thirteen (Post 889121)
Not wanting to talk about genitals makes sense, the reluctance to talk about their first marriage and other things right away...not so much. Guests should be doing their research on what podcast they're going to be on. I'm not sure if age and technology plays a factor in this.

I still enjoyed the episode as Keith and Chemda are both professionals and Chemda asked her more questions while Keith's connection was on and off.

To be fair, they'd probably do a solo episode to get into any vacation shenanigans.

I agree. The marriage stuff didn't bother me.

joslingeneva 06-08-2021 06:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keith (Post 889117)
She’s an open book. But I hear ya.

Oh don’t get me wrong, she was a horrible interview. To your credit you did try multiple time to draw her out.

Apia resurrected 06-08-2021 07:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joslingeneva (Post 889123)
Oh don’t get me wrong, she was a horrible interview. To your credit you did try multiple time to draw her out.

I think she hot warmer at the end of the show with Chemda.