Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

Old 09-11-2006, 11:29 PM   #1 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

342: Babysitting

"12-year-olds. That's where the money's at."
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 11:30 PM   #2 (permalink)
NO BRUMSKI

Welcome back!
Old 09-11-2006, 11:45 PM   #3 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

katg.libsyn.com

• Glad to hear the age of listeners. Damn those kids.

Now that I am 40, I know I am too old to call in.

posted by: MichaelG on Mon, 9/11 12:31 PM EDT
  • Have you just had a Birthday MG? When I read "Now that I am 40", I thought "I'll check on the calendar to see where it was" FUCK IT, I still can't. Will this agony never end? And you must be suffering more than most.
    Oh yeah, the show - Fuckin' brilliant, great guests, great comedy. Our crisps are fantastic, the kids here live on them, which is why we're catching you guys up on obesity. Except we sell them in small bags, not like you fat fucks. posted by: jwdd27 on Mon, 9/11 02:05 PM EDT
  • They're potato chips not crips jwdd27! posted by: Ian on Mon, 9/11 02:22 PM EDT
  • Potato chips? No, they are crisps and we should know because we invented your language!

Mr Bicester (In England, where the history comes from) posted by: Mr_Bicester on Mon, 9/11 02:33 PM EDT
  • They probably don't know that your name rhymes either, Mister Bicester... posted by: jwdd27 on Mon, 9/11 02:42 PM EDT
  • No, but that can be forgiven because even people from here get that wrong! posted by: Mr Bicester on Mon, 9/11 03:56 PM EDT
  • Jwd
    My birthday was in January, I am just surprised to be 40, so It is still fresh in my mind.

MrB
    We have snack that are called crips., They are just not made from Real potatoes. posted by: MichaelG on Mon, 9/11 05:36 PM EDT
  • Over here
    french fires = chips and chips = crisps

those were tayto crisps from Northen Ireland
    http://www.tayto.com

this reminds me i promised to send SPE some pork scratchings posted by: Paul R on Mon, 9/11 06:51 PM EDT
  • What happened to the website? posted by: Jonas on Mon, 9/11 08:27 PM EDT
Old 09-12-2006, 12:24 AM   #4 (permalink)

Photoshops

Here's the Photoshops from the live show...
These were actually fun to do.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg katg.jpg (51.2 KB, 36 views)
File Type: jpg katg2.jpg (90.9 KB, 33 views)
File Type: jpg katg_kids.jpg (52.2 KB, 37 views)
Old 09-12-2006, 09:43 AM   #5 (permalink)

Crushed up insects

Believe it or not, crushed up insects are one of the safest sources for red dye, used both in food and cosmetics.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cochineal
Old 09-12-2006, 01:20 PM   #6 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

Note to MattB:

When you use the phrase "That's all I'm sayin'" make sure that is, in fact, all you are saying.
Old 09-12-2006, 02:43 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by starscream
Note to MattB:

When you use the phrase "That's all I'm sayin'" make sure that is, in fact, all you are saying.
Agree, Thats all I'm I saying
Old 09-12-2006, 05:22 PM   #8 (permalink)

that's all I'M sayin'
Old 09-13-2006, 07:21 AM   #9 (permalink)

The best crisps I've ever had are Scampi & Lemon flavoured Nik Naks. They stink but they're lovely.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg GW Scampi&Lemon.jpg (7.3 KB, 135 views)
Old 09-13-2006, 08:39 PM   #10 (permalink)

When exactly will Chemda realize that the only people on planet Earth right now who know how to subscribe to a podcast and load it onto their iPod are 21 years of age or YOUNGER?

And seriously, could you guys stop pretending you're a live broadcast radio show, that's not what podcasting is about. It's about downloading an MP3 from a website and listening to it whenever you want to.

And for the love of G-d dump the Skype call in line. Go to Radio Shack and get the $10 telephone recorder box and use a real freaking phone line to take calls if you're going to bother, otherwise stop with the live calls! They sound like shit and it's annoying to listen to you try and talk over them, interrupt them, and then hangup on them when the whole thing trainwrecks. You cannot stream a freaking audio feed to a live-show web server AND take Skype calls unless you have a freakin' T1 line going into that townhouse of yours and I know you have a consumer level Comcast or Roadrunner cable internet connection that's 6.0Mb/784k which can barely handle uploading a single audio channel much less that combined with an incoming Skype call.

So to summarize, your target demographic is too young to drive a car, has to ask dad to buy them t-shirts for blow jobs, listens to your show at school 10 hours after you record it and calls in with nothing to say on their Skype line because they don't have permission to use real phones. You're not on Sirius. You're not on KROCK. And you most likely never will be. You're on iTunes. Embrace it and become the internet phenomenon to 12 year olds that you're destined to be.