Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Are you ready for KATG Day?
Yes 12 63.16%
No 7 36.84%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree46Likes

Old 06-25-2021, 04:08 PM   #1 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

3421: Permission to Speak w/ Dave (Gruber) Allen

It’s Gruber! With 32 years in the business, Dave joins KATG to talk about all things big and small — literally and figuratively: the size of Stars Hollow, the sentencing of Derek Chauvin, the prison hanging of antivirus software creator John McAfee, and Rudy Giuliani losing his New York license to practice law. The gang also talks about hippie lifestyles, Hollywood drug use, and the Grubers of the world.

Guest:
Dave (Gruber) Allen

Share this episode: Twitter, Facebook & email

Get the show: on iTunes, on Stitcher and RSS feed
The Girl and Svage like this.

Last edited by Keith; 06-25-2021 at 04:21 PM.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2021, 05:49 PM   #2 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

Dear God that magic spoon ad read. I was wheezing.
Old 06-25-2021, 10:24 PM   #3 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

I'm always ready for KATG week I have my old school hat and although it will provably be hot I'm hoping to have my new sweatshirt. If I get it for chat night or the CONTEST OF CHAMPIONS on Friday I'll wear it for the camera.

Cheers mate!

FYI that's not pronounced like you might think Chemda I don't know how to describe it but it's not the same ch sound you are used too. But this just occurred to me, when Chemda was younger and at a party if people were chanting CHUG CHUG CHUG, did she think they were asking to have snuggle? Just foolin'! luv you!
The Girl and Paige_H like this.
Old 06-26-2021, 02:48 AM   #4 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

He was prepared and i thought very sweet.
thirteen, littlp and shoebootie like this.
Old 06-26-2021, 07:28 AM   #5 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

22.5 is a bullshit number. This was a complete disregard for George Floyd as a human being who disserved due process and life. There was no running he waited for police, there was no fighting he simple didn't want to be arrested without having committed a crime. Mr. Floyd was unarmed. Yet the officer in charge treated him like he was a dangerous criminal that needed to be restrained from fighting and fleeing custody even after being handcuffed.

The officer was bathed in authority and protected, untouchable, while he snuffed out the life of George Floyd in the street in front of witnesses, in front of a camera, in front of EMS who wanted to help Mr. Floyd and in front of other officers who provided a shield of force ensuring the murderer had the luxury to over 9 minutes suffocate a man to death.

This is a crime of the highest; brutality, disregard for life, abuse of authority.

This was not the act of an officer who in the course of performing their duty to enforce the law and apprehend a criminal used force that led to the accidental death of a suspect. It was cold blooded murder.
littlp and shoebootie like this.
Old 06-26-2021, 09:14 AM   #6 (permalink)
24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpion View Post
22.5 is a bullshit number. This was a complete disregard for George Floyd as a human being who disserved due process and life. There was no running he waited for police, there was no fighting he simple didn't want to be arrested without having committed a crime. Mr. Floyd was unarmed. Yet the officer in charge treated him like he was a dangerous criminal that needed to be restrained from fighting and fleeing custody even after being handcuffed.

The officer was bathed in authority and protected, untouchable, while he snuffed out the life of George Floyd in the street in front of witnesses, in front of a camera, in front of EMS who wanted to help Mr. Floyd and in front of other officers who provided a shield of force ensuring the murderer had the luxury to over 9 minutes suffocate a man to death.

This is a crime of the highest; brutality, disregard for life, abuse of authority.

This was not the act of an officer who in the course of performing their duty to enforce the law and apprehend a criminal used force that led to the accidental death of a suspect. It was cold blooded murder.
Gruber was 100% right about the sentencing though. Chauvin was convicted of manslaughter which carries a maximum sentence. The judge can't just sentence him to life.

Also, Chauvin's lawyer has to ask for a new trial. Any lawyer would appeal this case but this one ESPECIALLY because it's setting a precedent that police don't have absolute immunity. It's great that he asked for a new trial and it was denied because that means this ruling might actually stick! But Chauvin has many more avenues to get this case back into court so we probably haven't seen the last of this fuckface.
The Girl, Scorpion and littlp like this.
Old 06-26-2021, 10:21 AM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by punk'n View Post
Gruber was 100% right about the sentencing though. Chauvin was convicted of manslaughter which carries a maximum sentence. The judge can't just sentence him to life.
No, he wasn't he was convicted of all three charges: second-degree unintentional murder, third-​degree murder and second-degree manslaughter. The sentences would be served simultaneously, not cumulatively so it only matter that he was convicted of all three if he could get one overturned. The maximum sentence he could have gotten was 40 years for the worst crime. The other two were 10 and 20 years. The fact that he got 22.5, just barely above the max of the lesser charge is sickening to me. Keep in mind that drug convictions of 20 years is not uncommon.

The fact that he had no prior convictions shouldn't be a factor since any prior criminal acts like it were covered up by the fact that he committed those crimes as a police officer and the crimes were overlooked. Yes, he had prior incidents of brutality and shootings on his record.
The fact that he murdered someone in the line of duty "to protect the citizens" should have pushed his sentence further toward the maximum. IMHO
Old 06-26-2021, 01:04 PM   #8 (permalink)

Keith’s Guitar

I think Keith should hang a framed board game in place of the guitar.
Keith likes this.
Old 06-26-2021, 01:25 PM   #9 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJMArtwork View Post
I think Keith should hang a framed board game in place of the guitar.
of a Monopoly game I won.
shoebootie likes this.
Old 06-26-2021, 01:28 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
of a Monopoly game I won.
the guitar is nice don't let them trick you into taking it down. It doesn't mater if you play or not. It's cool.
Keith and Piscean like this.