Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Again, I ask: Who did you agree with more regarding Keith, Chemda, and Staten Island?
Keith 19 45.24%
Chemda 23 54.76%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree70Likes

Old 07-03-2021, 04:07 AM   #11 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

I'm listening to the In the Heights soundtrack. Jesus.

I swear when they DJ'd the manhole it was totally different.

No recommendations here.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2021, 08:28 AM   #12 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Here's my thinking and why I agree with Chemda - think about offering food to someone in one of these ways:

"Hey - here's some food for you"
"Hey - I haven't tried this yet - Do you want to try it?"

The first one sounds like you are offering and want me to try it - maybe not a strong recommendation, but still an encouragement to try it!

The second one gives context - let's me know that you aren't offering any judgement on it.

All you need to go is give some context when you send/offer it. Giving it without context, I can understand the assumption.
Old 07-03-2021, 10:37 AM   #13 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Did you eat the food over a year later?
Old 07-03-2021, 03:15 PM   #14 (permalink)
24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Son-of-a-bitch, I hate to have to agree with Keith on this poll. The fact that Rich Vos and Bonnie McFarlene are in it changes the game. You absolutely can gift someone a movie because you have friends in it, even if it’s bad. Add in that it’s been a year so we don’t know what Keith said when he gave it. So it’s past the statute of limitations anyway!
Old 07-03-2021, 03:59 PM   #15 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbit View Post
Son-of-a-bitch, I hate to have to agree with Keith on this poll. The fact that Rich Vos and Bonnie McFarlene are in it changes the game. You absolutely can gift someone a movie because you have friends in it, even if it’s bad. Add in that it’s been a year so we don’t know what Keith said when he gave it. So it’s past the statute of limitations anyway!
Good point.
If a friend of mine was in a movie I would watch it no matter what. Or at least watch the scenes with my friend.
Scorpion likes this.
Old 07-03-2021, 11:47 PM   #16 (permalink)

Are you serious? Are you still milking this shit??? WHO CARES?!?!!!?!!!!!???!!

You guys have absolutely fuckin lost the plot. You used to be sort of cool and have actually cool people on. now you just bullshit around with nothing new to say.

Can’t wait to pay $15 for a one month trial to your “VIP” network where you’ll milk this very comment for the next three months as well!

Fucking hang it up already. Its embarrassing. The seven people you’ve conned into still listening to your shit won’t be able to support you forever. Surely you both have plenty of tangible skills that will translate to the current job market.
Old 07-04-2021, 12:11 AM   #17 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

And yet you care.
You don't like the show, don't listen.
There are so many shows I dont listen to. They are not for me. I never started insulting them because they are not for me.
Old 07-04-2021, 07:18 AM   #18 (permalink)
2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

I've never just sent someone a link to a movie without having watched it first to make sure it's not absolute shite.

I agree that context is important though and maaaaaybe this is the one time where it was OK to just send along a link without knowing more about it and whether or not it's good first. And it is different if you know some of the people in the movie in real life.

That being said, Keith, you already knew that Chemda takes a long time to watch movies. And I don't recall ever hearing you change your opinion about a movie on the show over the years. We'd need to know what Keith said when he first sent the link to Chemda or what he thought about it at that time.
Scorpion likes this.

Last edited by thirteen; 07-04-2021 at 07:39 AM.
Old 07-04-2021, 09:33 AM   #19 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlyssaN View Post
Here's my thinking and why I agree with Chemda - think about offering food to someone in one of these ways:

"Hey - here's some food for you"
"Hey - I haven't tried this yet - Do you want to try it?"
Forgive the weak analogy but you don't give me much to work with here.

Was the food you're offering partially made by friends? hmmm? Is the person you're giving the food to living in a situation where maybe there is limited food options and maybe they are missing seeing food and might want to experience something that is food?

Really the amount of relevant factors you have to ignore to agree with Chemda and Xerxes over their fake outrage... THEY CHOSE TO WATCH IT of their own accord and without prompting. THEN AFTER THE FACT, being like 'hey didn't we hear about this from Keith? Did he recommend we watch that piece of shit? What an asshole, he tricked us!'

Honestly, I think they are mad at Keith because they don't want to be mad at their friends for making such a shitting movie which, for the record no one asked them to watch! Call Bonnie and ask her why she would trick you to watching such a shitty movie just because she was in it. That would be the same thing.

Come on people, you're falling for some serious bull shit. But sure Xerxes for President! (Chemda wasn't born here, I don't know if Xerxes was either but whatever we know you can fake a birth certificate I'm sure his buddy Obama can help.) ;-)

ps. just because I end with a joke doesn't mean I wasn't actually agreeing with Keith.

pss. to be clear I'm serious, Keith is right and I voted that way.

pspsssps. I'm not really as serious as it reads but it's meant to be a bit cheeky again though still seriously points made and agreeing with Keith.
Keith likes this.
Old 07-04-2021, 09:36 AM   #20 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

I sent it and said Please please please watch it.

Is that important to mention?

Do you understand she didn’t even see the link I sent a year later? She happened to see it streaming for free and then went back and blamed me for once sending her the link.

You’re out to lunch.
Scorpion and Rabbit like this.