Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Is life a big kick in the lips?
Yes. 12 36.36%
Nah ... I think. Yeah, Nah 15 45.45%
No. 6 18.18%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree108Likes

Old 10-11-2021, 04:27 PM   #11 (permalink)

Rod and Newsy are a fun combo to have on the show!

I re-listened to episode 1630 with McNally and it was a little wild because Chemda said to McNally "I really am waiting for the rant about us", AND that she expected a podcast after he left. Danny was on the show, so maybe that idea planted in his brain then.

On the show, McNally talked about how he was aware of his anger issues and that he said shitty things. He just did not care about how it affected other people and he didn't believe he could change because it's part of his family story. So that tracks, he still doesn't care about what he did affecting you guys.
Keith, The Girl, picard102 and 3 others like this.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2021, 09:12 PM   #12 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

I couldn’t wait to hear Keith & Chemda’s thoughts about the special, and I was SO happy when I saw who the guests were for this show! I think this was the perfect group for this conversation.

Bottom line for me, it just wasn’t funny. I didn’t laugh one time. I like controversial comedy, but it needs to actually be funny. This just felt like a rant with some very problematic themes.

I think someone said this on the show, but I also thought the story about his trans friend at the end was just a “I have a black friend so I can say all of this” kind of thing. Bonus points that the friend called him the GOAT at one point. Cringe.
Old 10-11-2021, 09:45 PM   #13 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluenova View Post
Rod and Newsy are a fun combo to have on the show!

I re-listened to episode 1630 with McNally and it was a little wild because Chemda said to McNally "I really am waiting for the rant about us", AND that she expected a podcast after he left. Danny was on the show, so maybe that idea planted in his brain then.

On the show, McNally talked about how he was aware of his anger issues and that he said shitty things. He just did not care about how it affected other people and he didn't believe he could change because it's part of his family story. So that tracks, he still doesn't care about what he did affecting you guys.
Thank you collectively me and Newsy are the GOAT!

Even though I said bad things about McNally I want people to know I had a friend just like McNally who died. And that friend thought I was the GOAT as well.

Sincerely,

The GOAT

P.S.

I'm the GOAT
Old 10-12-2021, 12:57 AM   #14 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodimusprime View Post
Sincerely,

The GOAT

P.S.

I'm the GOAT
No lies detected here
Old 10-13-2021, 06:24 AM   #15 (permalink)

I do appreciate McNally's timing for this, because now we have older shows that relate to current events to listen to during the main show break. It's VIP, but I recommend to listeners: My Name Is Keith Ep. 7 RIP McNally for the details of his actions right after. Forgot the dude forwarded every private email he had with other people to Keith if it mentioned Keith's name.
Keith and The Girl like this.
Old 10-16-2021, 01:36 AM   #16 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Norm MacDonald: "Great comedians write jokes to make people laugh. Bad comedians write jokes to make people clap."

Dave Chappelle: Writes a bunch of jokes to make people clap. Dedicates special to Norm MacDonald.
Keith, The Girl, Newsy and 3 others like this.
Old 10-17-2021, 12:59 PM   #17 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

What's the difference?

What's the difference between Chappelle fans at a concert and trump fans at his rally? Loved this show and listened to it twice, on youtube and audio. Newsy and Rod so many things that you shared got me thinking that you were talking about trump. I really love to hear your perspectives, keep being authentic. Thanks

Then I thought, what did RuPaul have to say about this?
The idea of racism has a lot to do with lack of compassion and the ability to empathize. I am sure Dave thinks he has his reasons for saying what he said but hopefully enough people will try to educate him.
Newsy I think you hit on something when you mentioned about Dave's perspective is still only coming from a black/straight man. In his mind can he acknowledge anything else not like him?

Chemda, Rod, Keith and Newsy I just love listening to all your shows. Karen I love you perspective to, Thanks ya'all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apia resurrected View Post
MLK was killed by a racist, so obviously he wasn’t as popular and accepted as some people today want to believe.
Keith, Newsy and rodimusprime like this.
Old 10-17-2021, 03:05 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyce View Post
What's the difference between Chappelle fans at a concert and trump fans at his rally? Loved this show and listened to it twice, on youtube and audio. Newsy and Rod so many things that you shared got me thinking that you were talking about trump. I really love to hear your perspectives, keep being authentic. Thanks

The idea of racism has a lot to do with lack of compassion and the ability to empathize. I am sure Dave thinks he has his reasons for saying what he said but hopefully enough people will try to educate him.
Newsy I think you hit on something when you mentioned about Dave's perspective is still only coming from a black/straight man. In his mind can he acknowledge anything else not like him?

Chemda, Rod, Keith and Newsy I just love listening to all your shows. Karen I love you perspective to, Thanks ya'all

Aw thanks Joyce! I think Dave's extent of thinking about other peoples experience is "Yeah yeah yeah, I hear what you're saying, let's get back to my thing though."

Dave doesn't want to put on a dress for a sketch because it offends his sensibilities, fine. Let's put this faggot in the silliest thing we can find for our sketch though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-17-2021, 03:38 PM   #19 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyce View Post

As the GOAT* I really appreciate you saying this. The other people you named are good too. They all had to overcome their own things to be a part of the podcasting world but none of them can compare to ME. The things I've had to overcome to be a podcasting LEGEND who entertains and informs you? UNPRECEDENTED.

From The GOAT.

Me, Rod Morrow.

I'm the GOAT

*Greatest Of All Time
Keith, The Girl, Newsy and 3 others like this.
Old 10-18-2021, 09:17 AM   #20 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

Maybe people will get it now
Keith, The Girl and rodimusprime like this.