Keith and The Girl Forums

Keith and The Girl Forums (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/)
-   Show Talk (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f5/)
-   -   3460: The GOAT w/ Rod Morrow and Newsy (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f5/3460-goat-w-rod-morrow-newsy-22266/)

Keith 10-08-2021 04:25 PM

3460: The GOAT w/ Rod Morrow and Newsy

Rod Morrow and Newsy, hosts of Last Week on KATG and CHU & A respectively, join Keith and Chemda as they discuss anti-vaxx violence, Hellraiser 11, the gaslighting of former KATG friends, and Dave Chappelle’s Netflix special The Closer.

Guests:
Newsy
http://static-4.keithandthegirl.net/...SY-100x100.png

Rod Morrow
http://static-3.keithandthegirl.net/...OW-100x100.jpg

Share this episode: Twitter, Facebook & email

Get the show: on iTunes, on Stitcher and RSS feed

Apia resurrected 10-08-2021 11:13 PM

Yey both of you! You are great hosts.

Keith 10-09-2021 01:19 AM

Everyone is so great and I can post quotes all day, but re-hearing I just had to post this quote by Chemda regarding if people can take a joke:

"If you can't give me a joke, I have nothing to take."

100 god damn percent.

Apia resurrected 10-09-2021 03:12 AM

I will not see the special, and i wasnt planing to anyway.
The take of very rich staight men is most of the time boring for me.
Im allowed to say that and I put the obligatory for me in the sentence.

Keith 10-09-2021 09:31 PM

CLASSIC

https://www.keithandthegirl.com/vip/...s-keith-part-i

https://www.keithandthegirl.com/vip/...-keith-part-ii

Newsy 10-10-2021 05:25 PM

AAAAAAND!!! Dave talks about missing the Stonewall Gays [emoji3481] - the person who threw the brick at Stonewall was a Black trans woman!! So you won't even respect the people you so revere! Fuck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bag of lazers 10-11-2021 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Newsy (Post 890669)
AAAAAAND!!! Dave talks about missing the Stonewall Gays [emoji3481] - the person who threw the brick at Stonewall was a Black trans woman!! So you won't even respect the people you so revere! Fuck!

This is a weird phenomenon with civil rights history. People that complain about current activism look back at activism in the past like it was way better back then.

Thing is, civil rights activism is usually not popular at the time. Ever seen the political cartoons from the 60s about MLK? Awful, racist garbage. Now they're asking "Why can't activists now be like MLK?" even though they'd have complained about him had they been alive then too. In a few decades, whatever the next civil rights movement is will be compared to "The BLM Era" or some similar phrase. Conservatism/opposition to equality never ages well, and has to get disavowed by the next generation of conservatives even though their beliefs stay largely the same at their core.

ThePinkSuperhero 10-11-2021 09:01 AM

Wanna hear a secret, Keith? I, too, love it.

Newsy 10-11-2021 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bag of lazers (Post 890680)
This is a weird phenomenon with civil rights history. People that complain about current activism look back at activism in the past like it was way better back then.

Thing is, civil rights activism is usually not popular at the time. Ever seen the political cartoons from the 60s about MLK? Awful, racist garbage. Now they're asking "Why can't activists now be like MLK?" even though they'd have complained about him had they been alive then too. In a few decades, whatever the next civil rights movement is will be compared to "The BLM Era" or some similar phrase. Conservatism/opposition to equality never ages well, and has to get disavowed by the next generation of conservatives even though their beliefs stay largely the same at their core.

You better say that! [emoji1478]

Apia resurrected 10-11-2021 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bag of lazers (Post 890680)

MLK was killed by a racist, so obviously he wasn’t as popular and accepted as some people today want to believe.

bluenova 10-11-2021 04:27 PM

Rod and Newsy are a fun combo to have on the show!

I re-listened to episode 1630 with McNally and it was a little wild because Chemda said to McNally "I really am waiting for the rant about us", AND that she expected a podcast after he left. Danny was on the show, so maybe that idea planted in his brain then.

On the show, McNally talked about how he was aware of his anger issues and that he said shitty things. He just did not care about how it affected other people and he didn't believe he could change because it's part of his family story. So that tracks, he still doesn't care about what he did affecting you guys.

CandleGirl 10-11-2021 09:12 PM

I couldn’t wait to hear Keith & Chemda’s thoughts about the special, and I was SO happy when I saw who the guests were for this show! I think this was the perfect group for this conversation.

Bottom line for me, it just wasn’t funny. I didn’t laugh one time. I like controversial comedy, but it needs to actually be funny. This just felt like a rant with some very problematic themes.

I think someone said this on the show, but I also thought the story about his trans friend at the end was just a “I have a black friend so I can say all of this” kind of thing. Bonus points that the friend called him the GOAT at one point. Cringe.

rodimusprime 10-11-2021 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluenova (Post 890685)
Rod and Newsy are a fun combo to have on the show!

I re-listened to episode 1630 with McNally and it was a little wild because Chemda said to McNally "I really am waiting for the rant about us", AND that she expected a podcast after he left. Danny was on the show, so maybe that idea planted in his brain then.

On the show, McNally talked about how he was aware of his anger issues and that he said shitty things. He just did not care about how it affected other people and he didn't believe he could change because it's part of his family story. So that tracks, he still doesn't care about what he did affecting you guys.

Thank you collectively me and Newsy are the GOAT!

Even though I said bad things about McNally I want people to know I had a friend just like McNally who died. And that friend thought I was the GOAT as well.

Sincerely,

The GOAT

P.S.

I'm the GOAT

Svage 10-12-2021 12:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rodimusprime (Post 890687)
Sincerely,

The GOAT

P.S.

I'm the GOAT

No lies detected here

bluenova 10-13-2021 06:24 AM

I do appreciate McNally's timing for this, because now we have older shows that relate to current events to listen to during the main show break. It's VIP, but I recommend to listeners: My Name Is Keith Ep. 7 RIP McNally for the details of his actions right after. Forgot the dude forwarded every private email he had with other people to Keith if it mentioned Keith's name.

Bucho 10-16-2021 01:36 AM

Norm MacDonald: "Great comedians write jokes to make people laugh. Bad comedians write jokes to make people clap."

Dave Chappelle: Writes a bunch of jokes to make people clap. Dedicates special to Norm MacDonald.

Joyce 10-17-2021 12:59 PM

What's the difference?

What's the difference between Chappelle fans at a concert and trump fans at his rally? Loved this show and listened to it twice, on youtube and audio. Newsy and Rod so many things that you shared got me thinking that you were talking about trump. I really love to hear your perspectives, keep being authentic. Thanks

Then I thought, what did RuPaul have to say about this?
The idea of racism has a lot to do with lack of compassion and the ability to empathize. I am sure Dave thinks he has his reasons for saying what he said but hopefully enough people will try to educate him.
Newsy I think you hit on something when you mentioned about Dave's perspective is still only coming from a black/straight man. In his mind can he acknowledge anything else not like him?

Chemda, Rod, Keith and Newsy I just love listening to all your shows. Karen I love you perspective to, Thanks ya'all

Quote:

Originally Posted by Apia resurrected (Post 890683)
MLK was killed by a racist, so obviously he wasn’t as popular and accepted as some people today want to believe.

Newsy 10-17-2021 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joyce (Post 890716)
What's the difference between Chappelle fans at a concert and trump fans at his rally? Loved this show and listened to it twice, on youtube and audio. Newsy and Rod so many things that you shared got me thinking that you were talking about trump. I really love to hear your perspectives, keep being authentic. Thanks

The idea of racism has a lot to do with lack of compassion and the ability to empathize. I am sure Dave thinks he has his reasons for saying what he said but hopefully enough people will try to educate him.
Newsy I think you hit on something when you mentioned about Dave's perspective is still only coming from a black/straight man. In his mind can he acknowledge anything else not like him?

Chemda, Rod, Keith and Newsy I just love listening to all your shows. Karen I love you perspective to, Thanks ya'all

Aw thanks Joyce! I think Dave's extent of thinking about other peoples experience is "Yeah yeah yeah, I hear what you're saying, let's get back to my thing though."

Dave doesn't want to put on a dress for a sketch because it offends his sensibilities, fine. Let's put this faggot in the silliest thing we can find for our sketch though!

rodimusprime 10-17-2021 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joyce (Post 890716)

As the GOAT* I really appreciate you saying this. The other people you named are good too. They all had to overcome their own things to be a part of the podcasting world but none of them can compare to ME. The things I've had to overcome to be a podcasting LEGEND who entertains and informs you? UNPRECEDENTED.

From The GOAT.

Me, Rod Morrow.

I'm the GOAT

*Greatest Of All Time

Svage 10-18-2021 09:17 AM

Maybe people will get it now

Liquid 10-25-2021 07:42 AM

The people supporting this Chappelle's special are the same ones that hated on Hannah Gatsby's for not having jokes. Where's the same energy?

Apia resurrected 10-25-2021 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Liquid (Post 890811)
The people supporting this Chappelle's special are the same ones that hated on Hannah Gatsby's for not having jokes. Where's the same energy?

Good point.
I guess it was never about the jokes.
It was more like: “ why is this lady whom I don’t find attractive allowed to be on TV?”

rodimusprime 10-25-2021 12:52 PM

It's wild to me how all these Black LGBTQ people have written all this stuff expressing why the special was not helpful and yet people are still just like "Oh they don't understand it."

Apia resurrected 10-25-2021 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rodimusprime (Post 890815)
It's wild to me how all these Black LGBTQ people have written all this stuff expressing why the special was not helpful and yet people are still just like "Oh they don't understand it."

Only straight men are allowed to have an opinion I guess.

Liquid 10-25-2021 08:19 PM

Oh man he can't help himself: https://v.redd.it/coko2jxw6ov71

And has the balls to say Hannah Gatsby is not funny. Ugh Dave where is the self awareness?

rodimusprime 10-25-2021 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Liquid (Post 890821)

And has the balls to say Hannah Gatsby is not funny. Ugh Dave where is the self awareness?

Remember when he said he was done talking about this and Craig Klein believed him? SMH

Sincerely,
The GOAT

Apia resurrected 10-25-2021 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Liquid (Post 890821)

This was just mean. And she is a lesbian woman, not trans as far as i know, so I don’t even know what this has to do with anything.

Apia resurrected 10-25-2021 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rodimusprime (Post 890822)
Remember when he said he was done talking about this and Craig Klein believed him? SMH

Sincerely,
The GOAT

He will never be done, unless everyone starts clapping and saying that he is a genius who finally nailed it.
Articles with titles like:
“The prophet we need today or a brave genius man who is also hot or finally someone said it, thank you Dave”
In the New York Times or the Atlantic might help.
I don’t see this happening so he will never stop. I see a podcast in his future where he gets more and more radical.

Liquid 10-26-2021 02:23 AM

This is probably his negotiation tactic though to drive up the price of whatever movie/doc he's trying to sell now

Keith 10-26-2021 02:29 AM

It’s silly.