Keith and The Girl Forums

Keith and The Girl Forums (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/)
-   Show Talk (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f5/)
-   -   3470: Armchair Quarterback (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f5/3470-armchair-quarterback-22287/)

Keith 11-08-2021 03:43 PM

3470: Armchair Quarterback

Keith and Chemda explain it all. They talk about sex, Daylight Saving Time, and the easiest way to last longer in bed. They also share the news that an edgelord is in charge of running Keith's crypto portfolio. The duo discusses the COVID-19 vaccine and its relation to Joe Rogan, Aaron Rodgers, Emilio Estevez, and Big Bird. A worker on Alec Baldwin's Rust was bit by a poisonous spider on the set the same day as the shooting, and he may need his arm amputated. Chemda breaks down Kim Kardashian and Pete Davidson's relationship, and Keith is excited to be part of the new crop of 15-minute grocery store delivery services.

Share this episode: Twitter, Facebook & email

Get the show: on iTunes, on Stitcher and RSS feed

Svage 11-08-2021 06:33 PM

I shop for instacart as my main job right now and I can say that as a shopper I would like to see bigger tips the bigger the order is, as well as the heavier it is. If we're talking several cases of water and soda, tip accordingly especially if you live in an apartment building without an elevator. If it's a small (10item) easy order with light things $5 is good enough.

Just don't be one of those assholes who orders 45 items, demands communication for everything and only tips $3 on a $200 order.

Apia resurrected 11-09-2021 12:06 AM

When I visit your country I especially don’t know what to tip. Who knows who even earns any money and who gets just some candy and is otherwise 100% dependent on on tips because of Freedom or America or something similar like because Jesus said it.

Apia resurrected 11-09-2021 12:32 AM

Chemda I love you.

And know the critic:

" I go in like a pussy to get the vaccine because of the fear of pain "

Hahaha.

I had two UNMEDICATED births from my vagina. ( it went faster than the doctors thought I was not anti drug)
Please more people learn to take pain like a pussy.

Or if you don't like that think about all the vagina owners with endometriosis.
So much pain! They have to take it! Like Champs.

Can you put in for me a reward, talking to Chemda about gendered insults? I give you 300 for it.
And you win again.

DeathInGrasp 11-09-2021 04:36 AM

I’ve gotten confused if and how much to tip in random specific situations - one example was when I got laser hair removal on my legs. I erred on the side of caution and tipped 20% but later thought to myself, the lady owns the spa and it’s her machine and she set the (expensive) price for the treatment already, doesn’t the cost of the service cover it already in some instances? How do I know when? I honestly would like the confidence of knowing for certain who to tip and when. Not everyone’s income/ job relies on tip money and I’ve erred on the side of tipping very consistently but perhaps unnecessarily in some instances.

sketchowl 11-09-2021 02:44 PM

Rogan

Echoing the false narrative on Ivermectin is dangerous guys. Rogan and others have utilized the drug as prescribed by medical doctors. This is a widely used drug, as it is and has been given to probably over a billion all across subsaharan africa, immigrants crossing borders get this drug. It is a massively influential and important human medicine. It has been used for animals as well, CNN/MSNBC etc have really latched on to the equine use for their own purposes but a simple search (with a non-censored engine) will refute their very silly position on this. It is far less harmful than advil or tylonol in human use. The amount of equine Ivermectin required for the "dangerous" overdoses they were reporting on (the level of a drug that would kill 50% of those taking it at that level) is like 7 full tubes of the equine stuff.

This drug is a protease inhibitor that inhibits the same protease that the Pfizer and other patented oral medications are targeting. This mode of action inhibits viral replication. This is why we have seen robust effects in early to mid onset treatments as well as when utilized as a prophylactic measure. This is also why the data doesn't show a robust effect when the virus has replicated to an extent that we see the cytokine storm which is the process that leads to much of the more serious symptoms including death.

Keith 11-09-2021 03:52 PM

We didn’t bring up any of this. You did.

I said Joe Rogan shouldn’t be your doctor.

sketchowl 11-09-2021 04:28 PM

all the horse de-wormer stuff...that's ivermectin...

Keith 11-09-2021 04:30 PM

Not to brag, but I think I followed.

sketchowl 11-09-2021 05:33 PM

O I misunderstood I guess....I thought you brought it up on the piece about the football player not being vaccinated..."because he got advise from Joe Rogan"...Goop for men - very funny! Media has jumped all over Rogan about the ivermectin. I thought that was when it was brought up. Specifically the bit about "this guy is using horse dewormer because he ate horse testicles" referencing Fear Factor. I thought that was when the "horse dewormer" was brought up.

Keith 11-09-2021 06:13 PM

That’s not a quote I said but I hear ya. Cheers.

Look at us. You’re nuts but we worked both sides of the aisle.

rodimusprime 11-10-2021 12:43 AM

Joe Rogan says he's a moron and not to listen to him but he's also taking calls from famous people who have Covid and advising them on what drugs to take. Keith called it months ago when he said Rogan doesn't really believe he's a moron. Why isn't he hanging up on people and saying "I'm not a doctor. I'm a moron comedian!"

sketchowl 11-10-2021 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rodimusprime (Post 891032)
Joe Rogan says he's a moron and not to listen to him but he's also taking calls from famous people who have Covid and advising them on what drugs to take. Keith called it months ago when he said Rogan doesn't really believe he's a moron. Why isn't he hanging up on people and saying "I'm not a doctor. I'm a moron comedian!"

I would be shocked if Rogan didn't just connect him w/ his doctor or just told him what he did. Very much doubt the football player got all the prescriptions from Rogan, he would have had to get a medical doctor involved. So I'm sure he talked to his friends about his approach just like we all talk to our friends about the vaccine etc. I advocate to no end to get the vaccine w/ friends I don't just hang up on them and say "I'm not a doctor, I'm a moron." I get what you're saying though, he is too smart to actually think he is a moron. I'd put him at about a 120-125 IQ from everything I've heard. Which is a bit more than a standard deviation above average but nothing to brag about either.

rodimusprime 11-10-2021 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sketchowl (Post 891037)
I would be shocked if Rogan didn't just connect him w/ his doctor or just told him what he did. Very much doubt the football player got all the prescriptions from Rogan, he would have had to get a medical doctor involved. So I'm sure he talked to his friends about his approach just like we all talk to our friends about the vaccine etc. I advocate to no end to get the vaccine w/ friends I don't just hang up on them and say "I'm not a doctor, I'm a moron." I get what you're saying though, he is too smart to actually think he is a moron. I'd put him at about a 120-125 IQ from everything I've heard. Which is a bit more than a standard deviation above average but nothing to brag about either.

The people Rogan has advised have said they talked directly to him and took his advice. Not his doctor's advice.

sketchowl 11-10-2021 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rodimusprime (Post 891038)
The people Rogan has advised have said they talked directly to him and took his advice. Not his doctor's advice.

Rogan is a comedian not a board certified medical doctor which is what is required to get, prescribe and administer most of the drugs in question. So they talk to him then ask about the treatments or just understand the options when an actual doctor initiates a treatment plan.

I acknowledge upfront that this is anecdotal...many people in blue states when they are diagnosed with COVID have to have the conversation with their doctor which I've heard a few variations of;

Doc: "So we are in a tough position, I don't know your political leanings but we can either treat this with medicines that we believe to work or I can send you home to quarantine with the instruction to drink a bunch of water and see how this progresses."

Patient: "WTF does my political leaning have to do with it. Give me the shit (insert celebrity/political figure/etc.) get if they got sick and needed to recover fast."

Obviously, sometimes this conversation is inverted with the patient leading with I want Vit D, Monochlonal Antibodies, Ivermectin, Zinc, etc.

rodimusprime 11-10-2021 09:54 AM

No amount of words you type will justify that these people called Joe Rogan and not their doctors.

sketchowl 11-10-2021 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rodimusprime (Post 891042)
No amount of words you type will justify that these people called Joe Rogan and not their doctors.

You're probably right. I just don't understand how if the doctor didn't perscribe them the treatment they could get it. So the doctor probably had to be an active participant and minimally write the scripts...thus advising a treatment plan. The fact that the doctors and Rogan happen to agree shouldn't invalidate the doctors treatment plan.

rodimusprime 11-10-2021 10:08 AM

See? You typed more words. Didn't change anything. Wild.

sketchowl 11-10-2021 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rodimusprime (Post 891044)
See? You typed more words. Didn't change anything. Wild.

Rod, this is why we continue to not be able to bridge the gap in our country any longer. There used to be thesis, antithesis, synthesis of open dialogue.

Now, one side of the convo just shuts down if they don't feel like they can "win" or "dunk on" the other side. No good faith effort to discuss the matter at hand and seperate it from ego.

To be clear, my original point of trying to straw man Rogan and mischaracterize the treatment plan via the use of ivermectin is dangerous because it is just continuing to repeat a lie and give further misinformation to a fan base.

Is it funny, YES! but not pointing out at least on the forum the dangers of this misinformation I feel would be failing.

rodimusprime 11-10-2021 10:29 AM

TLDR

Apia resurrected 11-10-2021 10:34 AM

Im sure if you want to get horse worm medicine bad enough, there is some kind of black market for it.
Or it goes like this:
If you are rich enough, you know enough people with horses or have some yourself.
I only have a dog and don’t believe in pseudo science so no luck here.
But I could get some dog heart medicine and sell it if it becomes popular one day!

sketchowl 11-10-2021 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Apia resurrected (Post 891047)
Im sure if you want to get horse worm medicine bad enough, there is some kind of black market for it.
Or it goes like this:
If you are rich enough, you know enough people with horses or have some yourself.
I only have a dog and don’t believe in pseudo science so no luck here.
But I could get some dog heart medicine and sell it if it becomes popular one day!

sure. And people can probably get Xanax for dogs too. Doesn't make it no longer effective for humans

Apia resurrected 11-10-2021 10:58 AM

Im sure if you want to get rid of worms it would work!

sketchowl 11-10-2021 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Apia resurrected (Post 891050)
Im sure if you want to get rid of worms it would work!

Functions as a protease inhibitor.

Keith 11-10-2021 11:02 AM

You've always loved protease inhibitors

Apia resurrected 11-10-2021 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sketchowl (Post 891051)
Functions as a protease inhibitor.

Cool, cool.

That just means it stops proteins from being deconstructed. Didn’t I mention often enough what I do professionally?
Could it work? Maybe. But I don’t think so.
What would we need to know?
Double blind placebo controlled studies and a significant result.

sketchowl 11-10-2021 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Apia resurrected (Post 891055)
Cool, cool.

That just means it stops proteins from being deconstructed. Didn’t I mention often enough what I do professionally?
Could it work? Maybe. But I don’t think so.
What would we need to know?
Double blind placebo controlled studies and a significant result.

Ya, the theory seems very promising and the studies look very promising. Worst case scenario, it doesn't work as well as it appears to...but it does no harm. So treating it like it's good old Agent Orange's "just drink bleach" BS is intellectually disingenuous at best.

So, probably as you know in your line of work if the protease enzymes are inhibited and the protein doesn't cleave then replication can't occur. Obviously this isn't a 100% on/off type thing but if more of the enzymes are inhibited then less replication of the virus within the host leading to less symptoms and less shedding; thus potentially less viral load for next host.

Keith 11-10-2021 12:05 PM

Viral load.

Apia resurrected 11-10-2021 12:06 PM

And that’s why we need studies.
To check if it’s safe, how much you should take and if it’s doing something good.
Hydroxychloroquine worked in vitro, but didn’t in humans.

A horse isn’t a human. It’s much bigger. ( #facts)
How much is safe for a human? I don’t know.
Also, does it interact with other common drugs? So many questions.
And the most important, does it help? The vaccine does a lot. We know that. So let’s start here.

sketchowl 11-10-2021 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Apia resurrected (Post 891058)
And that’s why we need studies.
To check if it’s safe, how much you should take and if it’s doing something good.
Hydroxychloroquine worked in vitro, but didn’t in humans.

A horse isn’t a human. It’s much bigger. ( #facts)
How much is safe for a human? I don’t know.
Also, does it interact with other common drugs? So many questions.
And the most important, does it help? The vaccine does a lot. We know that. So let’s start here.

I'm 100% onboard with getting the narrow mRNA shots into as much population as we can. With that said...Ivermectin has had lower instances of adverse effects than any known vaccine. With that said the risk/reward with vaccines is still WAY in favor of their administration given the incredibly low instances of adverse effects, but higher incident rate than ivermectin.

Thus my conclusion thus far to your questions:
How much is safe for humans? LD(50) ~50 mg/kg. Dosage is 200 microgram/kg. So that meets and exceeds any rational evaluation of "safe".
Interact with other drugs? None detrimentally known. Has a tandum effect with another drug for specific uses. FDA says no known negative interactions in last ~40 years.
Does it help? Very promising indicators in research...it has strong causal research thus far and a huge data set of corollary evidence across India and Africa and usage in many other countries off label.

Apia resurrected 11-10-2021 11:27 PM

Very promising isn't enough.
My company had studies on drugs where the first studies went really well even on humans.
Millions were invested and big studies established just to get a big disappointment in phase 3.
It went so far as that we thought a new drug would join the portfolio very soon, and than some months later came a big, big no.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-n...-idUSKBN2B10HC

So am very cautious with my expectations.

Apia resurrected 11-10-2021 11:36 PM

Also about the adverse events:

When you do a big study like the vaccines, you will notice adverse events.
What did they have about 40 000 participants each?

A drug that didn't have such a big study on humans had not the opportunity to have many adverse events noted. Noone checked for them. I dont say it's dangerous I don't know.

It's like in a country where there is no investigation of crime the crime rate is 0 on paper.

sketchowl 11-12-2021 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Apia resurrected (Post 891065)
Very promising isn't enough.
My company had studies on drugs where the first studies went really well even on humans.
Millions were invested and big studies established just to get a big disappointment in phase 3.
It went so far as that we thought a new drug would join the portfolio very soon, and than some months later came a big, big no.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-n...-idUSKBN2B10HC

So am very cautious with my expectations.

Key point - a NEW drug vs an in use druf for 4 plus decades. May not work great but does no harm (relative to other options).

And second point on adverse rate - mRNA studies of 40k participants. Ivermectin FDA studies then used in the wild with billions of doses administered so I feel plenty of data there to evaluate.

Apia resurrected 11-12-2021 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sketchowl (Post 891092)
Key point - a NEW drug vs an in use druf for 4 plus decades. May not work great but does no harm (relative to other options).

And second point on adverse rate - mRNA studies of 40k participants. Ivermectin FDA studies then used in the wild with billions of doses administered so I feel plenty of data there to evaluate.

Also an old drug when it should be used in a new way.
Covid is a new thing.

Usage in real life isn’t the same as clinical studies.
If it’s not harmful that’s good, but the question still is, is it helpful.
And for that, you need big clinical studies.

Keith 11-16-2021 11:27 PM

Chemda asked what Aaron Rodgers was fined. We now know it's $14,000.

Rodgers' current four-year, $134 million deal is set to pay him a base salary of $14.7 million in 2022. That number goes up to $25 million each of the next two seasons.

Apia resurrected 11-17-2021 02:59 AM

So he is paying less than 10% of 1% of the amount he gets.
Less than 1/1000.

That will teach him!
He is making the money back in what 2 hours?

nordcharonmir 11-29-2021 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Apia resurrected (Post 891093)
Also an old drug when it should be used in a new way.
Covid is a new thing.

Usage in real life isn’t the same as clinical studies.
If it’s not harmful that’s good, but the question still is, is it helpful.
And for that, you need big clinical studies.

Just interested in what you think the explanation is for the big swing in "cases" in Japan and India then.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Apia resurrected (Post 891146)
So he is paying less than 10% of 1% of the amount he gets.
Less than 1/1000.

That will teach him!
He is making the money back in what 2 hours?

Totally agree here, this is like Elon Cunt getting a 10k fine for manipulating the market and making a few billion off it. Should have been in jail like anyone else who would have done this.

nordcharonmir 12-14-2021 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nordcharonmir (Post 891314)
Just interested in what you think the explanation is for the big swing in "cases" in Japan and India then.

Just following up on this. There was a 10 day delay between approval for use as treatment for mild & moderate cases and complete FLAT LINE in cases, wait what was the gestation period again? Probably a coincidence, right?

FYI looks like the pfizer pill has the same efficacy as Ivermectin. Odd? Interested in your take given your superior knowledge of the subject.

nordcharonmir 12-31-2021 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nordcharonmir (Post 891530)
Just following up on this. There was a 10 day delay between approval for use as treatment for mild & moderate cases and complete FLAT LINE in cases, wait what was the gestation period again? Probably a coincidence, right?

FYI looks like the pfizer pill has the same efficacy as Ivermectin. Odd? Interested in your take given your superior knowledge of the subject.

Interested if Apia thinks the use of the Pfizer pill should be "allowed" now that it is the standard of care for early symptomatic treatment. Did their tests meet your personal standards? Data load is about a millionth of the other option and negative outcomes are about 100X higher...roughly.

Genuinely interested in how one in poly-pharma squares this.

nordcharonmir 12-31-2021 04:06 PM

Keith (and everyone else but immediate threat to those targeted by this first wave),
I HIGHLY advise you to get the hell away from NYC while you still can. Shit is about to get dark.

COVID Treatment Rationing Guidelines:
"Consider race and ethnicity when assessing an individual’s risk. Impacts of
longstanding systemic health and social inequities put Black, Indigenous, and
People of Color at increased risk of severe COVID-19 outcomes and death. "

from the NYC Department of Health and Mental Hygiene (whatever the fuck that means) end of December Guidance ---> https://www1.nyc.gov/assets/doh/down...d-shortage.pdf

For those of you unsure...THIS IS WHAT SYSTEMIC RACISM IS.