Keith and The Girl Forums

Keith and The Girl Forums (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/)
-   Show Talk (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f5/)
-   -   3470: Armchair Quarterback (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f5/3470-armchair-quarterback-22287/)

Apia resurrected 11-10-2021 10:34 AM

Im sure if you want to get horse worm medicine bad enough, there is some kind of black market for it.
Or it goes like this:
If you are rich enough, you know enough people with horses or have some yourself.
I only have a dog and don’t believe in pseudo science so no luck here.
But I could get some dog heart medicine and sell it if it becomes popular one day!

sketchowl 11-10-2021 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Apia resurrected (Post 891047)
Im sure if you want to get horse worm medicine bad enough, there is some kind of black market for it.
Or it goes like this:
If you are rich enough, you know enough people with horses or have some yourself.
I only have a dog and don’t believe in pseudo science so no luck here.
But I could get some dog heart medicine and sell it if it becomes popular one day!

sure. And people can probably get Xanax for dogs too. Doesn't make it no longer effective for humans

Apia resurrected 11-10-2021 10:58 AM

Im sure if you want to get rid of worms it would work!

sketchowl 11-10-2021 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Apia resurrected (Post 891050)
Im sure if you want to get rid of worms it would work!

Functions as a protease inhibitor.

Keith 11-10-2021 11:02 AM

You've always loved protease inhibitors

Apia resurrected 11-10-2021 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sketchowl (Post 891051)
Functions as a protease inhibitor.

Cool, cool.

That just means it stops proteins from being deconstructed. Didn’t I mention often enough what I do professionally?
Could it work? Maybe. But I don’t think so.
What would we need to know?
Double blind placebo controlled studies and a significant result.

sketchowl 11-10-2021 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Apia resurrected (Post 891055)
Cool, cool.

That just means it stops proteins from being deconstructed. Didn’t I mention often enough what I do professionally?
Could it work? Maybe. But I don’t think so.
What would we need to know?
Double blind placebo controlled studies and a significant result.

Ya, the theory seems very promising and the studies look very promising. Worst case scenario, it doesn't work as well as it appears to...but it does no harm. So treating it like it's good old Agent Orange's "just drink bleach" BS is intellectually disingenuous at best.

So, probably as you know in your line of work if the protease enzymes are inhibited and the protein doesn't cleave then replication can't occur. Obviously this isn't a 100% on/off type thing but if more of the enzymes are inhibited then less replication of the virus within the host leading to less symptoms and less shedding; thus potentially less viral load for next host.

Keith 11-10-2021 12:05 PM

Viral load.

Apia resurrected 11-10-2021 12:06 PM

And that’s why we need studies.
To check if it’s safe, how much you should take and if it’s doing something good.
Hydroxychloroquine worked in vitro, but didn’t in humans.

A horse isn’t a human. It’s much bigger. ( #facts)
How much is safe for a human? I don’t know.
Also, does it interact with other common drugs? So many questions.
And the most important, does it help? The vaccine does a lot. We know that. So let’s start here.

sketchowl 11-10-2021 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Apia resurrected (Post 891058)
And that’s why we need studies.
To check if it’s safe, how much you should take and if it’s doing something good.
Hydroxychloroquine worked in vitro, but didn’t in humans.

A horse isn’t a human. It’s much bigger. ( #facts)
How much is safe for a human? I don’t know.
Also, does it interact with other common drugs? So many questions.
And the most important, does it help? The vaccine does a lot. We know that. So let’s start here.

I'm 100% onboard with getting the narrow mRNA shots into as much population as we can. With that said...Ivermectin has had lower instances of adverse effects than any known vaccine. With that said the risk/reward with vaccines is still WAY in favor of their administration given the incredibly low instances of adverse effects, but higher incident rate than ivermectin.

Thus my conclusion thus far to your questions:
How much is safe for humans? LD(50) ~50 mg/kg. Dosage is 200 microgram/kg. So that meets and exceeds any rational evaluation of "safe".
Interact with other drugs? None detrimentally known. Has a tandum effect with another drug for specific uses. FDA says no known negative interactions in last ~40 years.
Does it help? Very promising indicators in research...it has strong causal research thus far and a huge data set of corollary evidence across India and Africa and usage in many other countries off label.