Keith and The Girl Forums

Keith and The Girl Forums (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/)
-   Show Talk (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f5/)
-   -   3470: Armchair Quarterback (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f5/3470-armchair-quarterback-22287/)

Apia resurrected 11-10-2021 11:27 PM

Very promising isn't enough.
My company had studies on drugs where the first studies went really well even on humans.
Millions were invested and big studies established just to get a big disappointment in phase 3.
It went so far as that we thought a new drug would join the portfolio very soon, and than some months later came a big, big no.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-n...-idUSKBN2B10HC

So am very cautious with my expectations.

Apia resurrected 11-10-2021 11:36 PM

Also about the adverse events:

When you do a big study like the vaccines, you will notice adverse events.
What did they have about 40 000 participants each?

A drug that didn't have such a big study on humans had not the opportunity to have many adverse events noted. Noone checked for them. I dont say it's dangerous I don't know.

It's like in a country where there is no investigation of crime the crime rate is 0 on paper.

sketchowl 11-12-2021 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Apia resurrected (Post 891065)
Very promising isn't enough.
My company had studies on drugs where the first studies went really well even on humans.
Millions were invested and big studies established just to get a big disappointment in phase 3.
It went so far as that we thought a new drug would join the portfolio very soon, and than some months later came a big, big no.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-n...-idUSKBN2B10HC

So am very cautious with my expectations.

Key point - a NEW drug vs an in use druf for 4 plus decades. May not work great but does no harm (relative to other options).

And second point on adverse rate - mRNA studies of 40k participants. Ivermectin FDA studies then used in the wild with billions of doses administered so I feel plenty of data there to evaluate.

Apia resurrected 11-12-2021 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sketchowl (Post 891092)
Key point - a NEW drug vs an in use druf for 4 plus decades. May not work great but does no harm (relative to other options).

And second point on adverse rate - mRNA studies of 40k participants. Ivermectin FDA studies then used in the wild with billions of doses administered so I feel plenty of data there to evaluate.

Also an old drug when it should be used in a new way.
Covid is a new thing.

Usage in real life isn’t the same as clinical studies.
If it’s not harmful that’s good, but the question still is, is it helpful.
And for that, you need big clinical studies.

Keith 11-16-2021 11:27 PM

Chemda asked what Aaron Rodgers was fined. We now know it's $14,000.

Rodgers' current four-year, $134 million deal is set to pay him a base salary of $14.7 million in 2022. That number goes up to $25 million each of the next two seasons.

Apia resurrected 11-17-2021 02:59 AM

So he is paying less than 10% of 1% of the amount he gets.
Less than 1/1000.

That will teach him!
He is making the money back in what 2 hours?

nordcharonmir 11-29-2021 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Apia resurrected (Post 891093)
Also an old drug when it should be used in a new way.
Covid is a new thing.

Usage in real life isn’t the same as clinical studies.
If it’s not harmful that’s good, but the question still is, is it helpful.
And for that, you need big clinical studies.

Just interested in what you think the explanation is for the big swing in "cases" in Japan and India then.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Apia resurrected (Post 891146)
So he is paying less than 10% of 1% of the amount he gets.
Less than 1/1000.

That will teach him!
He is making the money back in what 2 hours?

Totally agree here, this is like Elon Cunt getting a 10k fine for manipulating the market and making a few billion off it. Should have been in jail like anyone else who would have done this.

nordcharonmir 12-14-2021 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nordcharonmir (Post 891314)
Just interested in what you think the explanation is for the big swing in "cases" in Japan and India then.

Just following up on this. There was a 10 day delay between approval for use as treatment for mild & moderate cases and complete FLAT LINE in cases, wait what was the gestation period again? Probably a coincidence, right?

FYI looks like the pfizer pill has the same efficacy as Ivermectin. Odd? Interested in your take given your superior knowledge of the subject.

nordcharonmir 12-31-2021 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nordcharonmir (Post 891530)
Just following up on this. There was a 10 day delay between approval for use as treatment for mild & moderate cases and complete FLAT LINE in cases, wait what was the gestation period again? Probably a coincidence, right?

FYI looks like the pfizer pill has the same efficacy as Ivermectin. Odd? Interested in your take given your superior knowledge of the subject.

Interested if Apia thinks the use of the Pfizer pill should be "allowed" now that it is the standard of care for early symptomatic treatment. Did their tests meet your personal standards? Data load is about a millionth of the other option and negative outcomes are about 100X higher...roughly.

Genuinely interested in how one in poly-pharma squares this.

nordcharonmir 12-31-2021 04:06 PM

Keith (and everyone else but immediate threat to those targeted by this first wave),
I HIGHLY advise you to get the hell away from NYC while you still can. Shit is about to get dark.

COVID Treatment Rationing Guidelines:
"Consider race and ethnicity when assessing an individual’s risk. Impacts of
longstanding systemic health and social inequities put Black, Indigenous, and
People of Color at increased risk of severe COVID-19 outcomes and death. "

from the NYC Department of Health and Mental Hygiene (whatever the fuck that means) end of December Guidance ---> https://www1.nyc.gov/assets/doh/down...d-shortage.pdf

For those of you unsure...THIS IS WHAT SYSTEMIC RACISM IS.