Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Do you always know what to tip?
Yes 8 28.57%
No 20 71.43%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree37Likes

Old 11-09-2021, 06:13 PM   #11 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

That’s not a quote I said but I hear ya. Cheers.

Look at us. You’re nuts but we worked both sides of the aisle.
Svage and DeathInGrasp like this.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2021, 12:43 AM   #12 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

Joe Rogan says he's a moron and not to listen to him but he's also taking calls from famous people who have Covid and advising them on what drugs to take. Keith called it months ago when he said Rogan doesn't really believe he's a moron. Why isn't he hanging up on people and saying "I'm not a doctor. I'm a moron comedian!"
Keith, The Girl, jcro21 and 2 others like this.
Old 11-10-2021, 09:32 AM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodimusprime View Post
Joe Rogan says he's a moron and not to listen to him but he's also taking calls from famous people who have Covid and advising them on what drugs to take. Keith called it months ago when he said Rogan doesn't really believe he's a moron. Why isn't he hanging up on people and saying "I'm not a doctor. I'm a moron comedian!"
I would be shocked if Rogan didn't just connect him w/ his doctor or just told him what he did. Very much doubt the football player got all the prescriptions from Rogan, he would have had to get a medical doctor involved. So I'm sure he talked to his friends about his approach just like we all talk to our friends about the vaccine etc. I advocate to no end to get the vaccine w/ friends I don't just hang up on them and say "I'm not a doctor, I'm a moron." I get what you're saying though, he is too smart to actually think he is a moron. I'd put him at about a 120-125 IQ from everything I've heard. Which is a bit more than a standard deviation above average but nothing to brag about either.
Old 11-10-2021, 09:37 AM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sketchowl View Post
I would be shocked if Rogan didn't just connect him w/ his doctor or just told him what he did. Very much doubt the football player got all the prescriptions from Rogan, he would have had to get a medical doctor involved. So I'm sure he talked to his friends about his approach just like we all talk to our friends about the vaccine etc. I advocate to no end to get the vaccine w/ friends I don't just hang up on them and say "I'm not a doctor, I'm a moron." I get what you're saying though, he is too smart to actually think he is a moron. I'd put him at about a 120-125 IQ from everything I've heard. Which is a bit more than a standard deviation above average but nothing to brag about either.
The people Rogan has advised have said they talked directly to him and took his advice. Not his doctor's advice.
Keith, Svage and Apia resurrected like this.
Old 11-10-2021, 09:47 AM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
The people Rogan has advised have said they talked directly to him and took his advice. Not his doctor's advice.
Rogan is a comedian not a board certified medical doctor which is what is required to get, prescribe and administer most of the drugs in question. So they talk to him then ask about the treatments or just understand the options when an actual doctor initiates a treatment plan.

I acknowledge upfront that this is anecdotal...many people in blue states when they are diagnosed with COVID have to have the conversation with their doctor which I've heard a few variations of;

Doc: "So we are in a tough position, I don't know your political leanings but we can either treat this with medicines that we believe to work or I can send you home to quarantine with the instruction to drink a bunch of water and see how this progresses."

Patient: "WTF does my political leaning have to do with it. Give me the shit (insert celebrity/political figure/etc.) get if they got sick and needed to recover fast."

Obviously, sometimes this conversation is inverted with the patient leading with I want Vit D, Monochlonal Antibodies, Ivermectin, Zinc, etc.
Old 11-10-2021, 09:54 AM   #16 (permalink)

No amount of words you type will justify that these people called Joe Rogan and not their doctors.
Keith and bag of lazers like this.
Old 11-10-2021, 10:01 AM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
No amount of words you type will justify that these people called Joe Rogan and not their doctors.
You're probably right. I just don't understand how if the doctor didn't perscribe them the treatment they could get it. So the doctor probably had to be an active participant and minimally write the scripts...thus advising a treatment plan. The fact that the doctors and Rogan happen to agree shouldn't invalidate the doctors treatment plan.

Last edited by sketchowl; 11-10-2021 at 10:04 AM.
Old 11-10-2021, 10:08 AM   #18 (permalink)

See? You typed more words. Didn't change anything. Wild.
Old 11-10-2021, 10:21 AM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
See? You typed more words. Didn't change anything. Wild.
Rod, this is why we continue to not be able to bridge the gap in our country any longer. There used to be thesis, antithesis, synthesis of open dialogue.

Now, one side of the convo just shuts down if they don't feel like they can "win" or "dunk on" the other side. No good faith effort to discuss the matter at hand and seperate it from ego.

To be clear, my original point of trying to straw man Rogan and mischaracterize the treatment plan via the use of ivermectin is dangerous because it is just continuing to repeat a lie and give further misinformation to a fan base.

Is it funny, YES! but not pointing out at least on the forum the dangers of this misinformation I feel would be failing.
Old 11-10-2021, 10:29 AM   #20 (permalink)

TLDR
Keith, Sparrow, Svage and 1 others like this.