Keith and The Girl Forums

Keith and The Girl Forums (http://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/)
-   Show Talk (http://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f5/)
-   -   3476: Donít Drink the Kool-Aid (http://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f5/3476-don-t-drink-kool-aid-22303/)

Keith 11-22-2021 05:17 PM

3476: Donít Drink the Kool-Aid
 
The duo is back and ready to celebrate Thanksgiving Day AND Native American Heritage Day. What a rollercoaster! They also discuss listener hate mail from grown adults, Kyle Rittenhouseís defense attorney saying that Fox News is too much, the Kool-Aid They, the Proud Boys, and an SUV deliberately driving into a Wisconsin Christmas parade. KATG discusses ex-footballer Zac Stacy being freed on bond after he brutally beat his wife on camera, and Keith is excited about Spider-Man: No Way Home. Chemda could give a fuck.

Share this episode: Twitter, Facebook & email

Get the show: on iTunes, on Stitcher and RSS feed

Apia resurrected 11-22-2021 11:05 PM

For me itís even a short weekend as I have to work on Saturday on a convention.
So no.

DeathInGrasp 11-23-2021 12:33 AM

Belfast was meh for me too. Keith basically inspired me to get my AMC A List membership a handful of years ago so I can take chances on movies Iíd normally not have watched. I think my movie tastes usually clash with his but I always like hearing his take, even when itís just a single solitary ďehĒ sound :D

Carruthers 11-23-2021 02:46 AM

Beginning to wonder if 'Bob' was involved with the holdup.

bag of lazers 11-23-2021 01:55 PM

I'm traveling to see family for Thanksgiving and Christmas. Getting my booster today and shipping out tomorrow.

Apia resurrected 11-23-2021 11:03 PM

Btw:
We are in the 4th wave of COVID-19 now and it's not good.
Starting to think this is life now forever.

DeathInGrasp 11-24-2021 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Apia resurrected (Post 891240)
Btw:
We are in the 4th wave of COVID-19 now and it's not good.
Starting to think this is life now forever.

Same. I feel itíll be omnipresent the way influenza is every year, ebbing and flowing along and probably at its worst during ďflu seasonĒ.

Sparrow 11-24-2021 09:14 AM

my Mama decided not to host Thanksgiving this year, so the only obligation on the agenda is family breakfast with the in-laws. we’ll be back home by lunch. otherwise, it’s just Bear and myself. i could not be more thrilled.

sketchowl 11-24-2021 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Apia resurrected (Post 891240)
Btw:
We are in the 4th wave of COVID-19 now and it's not good.
Starting to think this is life now forever.

Dang, that sucks. Stay safe!

Keith 11-24-2021 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sketchowl (Post 891245)
Dang, that sucks. Stay safe!

lol I think that includes you too.

nordcharonmir 11-29-2021 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keith (Post 891246)
lol I think that includes you too.

Only applies to people in places with the dual pandemic of the virus and government tyranny.

bluenova 11-29-2021 03:43 PM

I did drive to see family for the weekend, but ONLY to hang with my cousins and sister who are a good time. We all decided we'd rather only hang with the family we like instead of having to endure all our family. It was less crowded and we didn't have to worry about watching what we say in front of shitty aunts and uncles... or have to endure them saying any stupidity. No fake conversations or boredom. It was less crowded, chill, and the food/company was great.

Svage 11-29-2021 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nordcharonmir (Post 891312)
Only applies to people in places with the dual pandemic of the virus and government tyranny.

GoVeRnMeNt TyRaNnY

LMAO

nordcharonmir 11-30-2021 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Svage (Post 891341)
GoVeRnMeNt TyRaNnY

LMAO

hahahahahaha....says someone from freaking mo valley, CALIFORNIA. Are you even allowed to read these forums in "Cali" with all this "hate speech" from people who may not agree with you. hahahahaha...put your chin diaper on, sit in the fucking corner like Gavin has told you to and enjoy your next round of Plebs only mandated lock downs for the new variant is SUPER SCARY...make sure you tell everyone how SCARY it all is or your social score card may get some demerits.

You know it's extra SCARY and we should all do irrational things and keep giving Mother Government more control of our lives....this variant has symptoms of wait for it cuz it's very SCARY...mild fatigue for two days....run and tell that and make sure you don't assume a pronoun in the process...


HAHAHA fucking California trying to talk about Government...that's like getting race theory from the Socialist Party in Germany circa 1931!!!!!! OMG I'm literally laughing out loud at you.

Svage 12-02-2021 01:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nordcharonmir (Post 891356)
hahahahahaha....says someone from freaking mo valley, CALIFORNIA. Are you even allowed to read these forums in "Cali" with all this "hate speech" from people who may not agree with you. hahahahaha...put your chin diaper on, sit in the fucking corner like Gavin has told you to and enjoy your next round of Plebs only mandated lock downs for the new variant is SUPER SCARY...make sure you tell everyone how SCARY it all is or your social score card may get some demerits.

You know it's extra SCARY and we should all do irrational things and keep giving Mother Government more control of our lives....this variant has symptoms of wait for it cuz it's very SCARY...mild fatigue for two days....run and tell that and make sure you don't assume a pronoun in the process...


HAHAHA fucking California trying to talk about Government...that's like getting race theory from the Socialist Party in Germany circa 1931!!!!!! OMG I'm literally laughing out loud at you.

What are you even on right now? Look at how triggered you are LMAO 🤣 you're too funny man I'm gonna nominate you for best rant KATGuh

nordcharonmir 12-02-2021 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Svage (Post 891380)
What are you even on right now? Look at how triggered you are LMAO 🤣 you're too funny man I'm gonna nominate you for best rant KATGuh

Awesome, appreciate it. By the by I'm on a drug called freedom...you can't have any in CA. Maybe one day that state will be in a place where it sees it has to shoot it's way out of the corner they voted themselves into like Australia is coming to recognize now except they voted away there option for this long ago, good thing CA hasn't done that too :-/

Svage 12-02-2021 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nordcharonmir (Post 891397)
Awesome, appreciate it. By the by I'm on a drug called freedom...you can't have any in CA. Maybe one day that state will be in a place where it sees it has to shoot it's way out of the corner they voted themselves into like Australia is coming to recognize now except they voted away there option for this long ago, good thing CA hasn't done that too :-/

Tell me you're unhinged without telling me you're unhinged

nordcharonmir 12-02-2021 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Svage (Post 891401)
Tell me you're unhinged without telling me you're unhinged

ok...ok...here I go, there is no government tyranny being justified by a coronavirus.


BOOM! That's the most unhinged thing I've read in 18 months!

bag of lazers 12-02-2021 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nordcharonmir (Post 891397)
I'm on a drug called freedom...

File under "lyrics even Ted Nugent wouldn't write".

Maybe Kid Rock, though.

Anyway, good thing we have you around. We almost listened to common sense, basic epidemiology, etc. Whew.

nordcharonmir 12-02-2021 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bag of lazers (Post 891404)
File under "lyrics even Ted Nugent wouldn't write".

Maybe Kid Rock, though.

Anyway, good thing we have you around. We almost listened to common sense, basic epidemiology, etc. Whew.

What if I told you my doctorate thesis was about a subsection of gain of function research on zoonotic coronaviruses?

nordcharonmir 12-02-2021 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nordcharonmir (Post 891405)
What if I told you my doctorate thesis was about a subsection of gain of function research on zoonotic coronaviruses?

I was also part of the Great Exodus from CA as the tyranny starting to fall over the tipping point.

For historical ref see France in 18th century, Germany & Soviet states in early 20th...history rhymes, doesn't repeat but the writing is on the wall.

Sparrow 12-02-2021 02:26 PM

such a drama queen, this one.

tell us about your bunker.

nordcharonmir 12-02-2021 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sparrow (Post 891407)
such a drama queen, this one.

tell us about your bunker.

no,

Sparrow 12-02-2021 02:38 PM

do you ever listen to yourself?

nordcharonmir 12-02-2021 02:45 PM

Breaking News for Cali boy....mask mandate in Santa Cruz for INSIDE PRIVATE RESIDENCES!!!!!!!

Match Point, time is of the essence my friend.

bag of lazers 12-03-2021 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nordcharonmir (Post 891410)
Breaking News for Cali boy....mask mandate in Santa Cruz for INSIDE PRIVATE RESIDENCES!!!!!!!

Match Point, time is of the essence my friend.

You skipped the part where the mandate says "when people outside the household are present."

It's a big conspiracy to control our minds and stuff. Or maybe it's because there are literally 4 ICU beds beds available in that county atm.

Purposefully misinformed people won't get vaccinated so variants keep mutating. This is basic stuff, so you'd think someone with a doctoral thesis on literally anything, much less "zoonotic coronaviruses" would understand that. No one's buying that story anyway because you write like another eyeroll inducing paranoid Qanon Boomer. Just keep moving your 4Chan misinfo to some Facebook group with a name like "Divorced Dads for Liberty" or whatever you usually do; no one's interested here.

nordcharonmir 12-03-2021 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bag of lazers (Post 891423)
You skipped the part where the mandate says "when people outside the household are present."

It's a big conspiracy to control our minds and stuff. Or maybe it's because there are literally 4 ICU beds beds available in that county atm.

Purposefully misinformed people won't get vaccinated so variants keep mutating. This is basic stuff, so you'd think someone with a doctoral thesis on literally anything, much less "zoonotic coronaviruses" would understand that. No one's buying that story anyway because you write like another eyeroll inducing paranoid Qanon Boomer. Just keep moving your 4Chan misinfo to some Facebook group with a name like "Divorced Dads for Liberty" or whatever you usually do; no one's interested here.


Does your company in anyway change the fact that Cali government has now "crossed the threshold" again into private residences? Which is the entire point. See Australia for reference on police entering private residences to arrest people not wearing masks at dinner with their extended family (outside household people).


You understand the absurdity of a cloth mask in an environment with recycled air, as in....indoors, to prevent a virus that spreads via aerosol, right?


There are 14 people in Santa Cruz County hospitalized {not specific to ICU} (according to Santa Cruz) with COVID (statistically significant that these are WITH not FROM). source: https://www.santacruzhealth.org/Port...2021-12-01.pdf

"1,751 ICU beds available" from your link, not sure where the 4 is coming from. Also R is falling in the County.


Just to give you a piece of context you won't hear from CNN- it isn't the unvaccinated that cause mutations. Mutations come from evolutionary pressures. In this case evolutionary pressures are changes in host immunity profile such as already getting sick and having Tcell productions or having mRNA narrow single protein "vaccines" that put pressure for change. I think what you will find in the change between variants/mutations (the line in the sand for denoting one to another is pretty grey with this type of change) will occur relative to the spike protein since this is what the "vaccines" have been targeting. This is what we saw when we got Delta under the microscope and is the early indication from Omicron as well.


TO BE CLEAR I am in no way saying people shouldn't get vaccinated or that they are a net negative or anything to that extent but simply clarifying trying to blame variants on the unvaccinated is the same as blaming Dinosaurs for the industrial revolution, it just doesn't make sense.

Keith 12-03-2021 01:00 PM

What do you do for a living?

But like for real I mean.

bag of lazers 12-03-2021 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nordcharonmir (Post 891424)
Does your company in anyway change the fact that Cali government has now "crossed the threshold" again into private residences? Which is the entire point. See Australia for reference on police entering private residences to arrest people not wearing masks at dinner with their extended family (outside household people).

Company? Anyway, clearly the cops aren't going to bust into your house in Swanton, CA to make sure everyone is wearing masks. That's not remotely realistic, and if things got that bad it's because future Covid variants got way more deadly, which yes, is entirely the fault of anti-vaxxers.


Quote:

Originally Posted by nordcharonmir (Post 891424)
You understand the absurdity of a cloth mask in an environment with recycled air, as in....indoors, to prevent a virus that spreads via aerosol, right?

No. Harm reduction, even if it isn't 100% perfect, is still a good thing and has saved lives. Even shitty masks reduce spread. Just because a bulletproof vest isn't guaranteed to stop every single bullet ever doesn't mean you should hang out at the target end of a gun range without one.


Quote:

Originally Posted by nordcharonmir (Post 891424)

"1,751 ICU beds available" from your link, not sure where the 4 is coming from.

That's in all of California. Try clicking the big blue Santa Cruz County button. Hard to miss, but you managed to do it.

I already addressed the unvaccinated/variant issue, but here's another article from a different source.

This stuff isn't that complicated, really.

nordcharonmir 12-03-2021 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keith (Post 891426)
What do you do for a living?

But like for real I mean.

Newly retired. I made a lot of money in the investment market w/ covid related future contracts predicting the market moves related to the social reactions to it. Did almost as well as some of the US Senate but didn't have all their briefings on it so still pretty happy with the returns.

nordcharonmir 12-03-2021 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bag of lazers (Post 891427)
Company? Anyway, clearly the cops aren't going to bust into your house in Swanton, CA to make sure everyone is wearing masks. That's not remotely realistic, and if things got that bad it's because future Covid variants got way more deadly, which yes, is entirely the fault of anti-vaxxers.

Interesting point that it is unrealistic...it has been happening in Australia as I referenced.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bag of lazers (Post 891427)
No. Harm reduction, even if it isn't 100% perfect, is still a good thing and has saved lives. Even shitty masks reduce spread. Just because a bulletproof vest isn't guaranteed to stop every single bullet ever doesn't mean you should hang out at the target end of a gun range without one.

The scientific data which was accurate until there was a narrative switch and is again being proven in the lab is that a mask is effective against, relative to the virus molecules, HUGE spittle, blood etc droplets that fall rapidly from bodily openings....thus the 6 feet social distance guidance. Where almost all transmission occurs is via aerosols followed by touch. A mask covers a tiny piece of the transmission vector but creates additional spit, snot, blood soaked surfaces that are constantly touched by peoples' hands and spread via touch. The net effect of masks as the current (actually scientific data not the the orthodoxy of "The Science" as a sentient being) indicates is null or possibly harmful due to the added viral load at the greater transmission vector of touch.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bag of lazers (Post 891427)

This stuff isn't that complicated, really.

This stuff is EXTREMELY complicated. That is the problem. When it is simplified at the cost of nuance and specificity things are lost. So when you hear absolutes like "masks work" full stop there should be all sorts of logical follow ups.



I see what you are saying on Santa Cruz data site now but also says there is 2 people in the ICU with COVID and 3 beds available...doesn't match Santa Cruz County's own data, is this a city vs county difference? Why so few ICU beds or why so few COVID usages? Genuinely asking why this data seems so weird not trying to lead the witness or be silly/argumentative.

nordcharonmir 12-03-2021 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bag of lazers (Post 891427)
Company? Anyway, clearly the cops aren't going to bust into your house in Swanton, CA to make sure everyone is wearing masks. That's not remotely realistic, and if things got that bad it's because future Covid variants got way more deadly, which yes, is entirely the fault of anti-vaxxers.

FYI - read this article...it presumes that only unvaccinated people are infected and only unvaccinated shed the virus and only unvaccinated people serve host to viral replication. And that evolution is purely random and coincidental and that no pressure causes any specific punctuated equilibrium. SO what I'm seeing is again if I assume unvaccinated people are the problem it proves that unvaccinated people are the problem. done and done.

This is not science

Svage 12-03-2021 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nordcharonmir (Post 891428)
Newly retired. I made a lot of money in the investment market w/ covid related future contracts predicting the market moves related to the social reactions to it. Did almost as well as some of the US Senate but didn't have all their briefings on it so still pretty happy with the returns.

I'll take That never happened for 200.

Apia resurrected 12-05-2021 11:33 PM

Dilemma:
I would love to join the fun here but also, I don’t want to read all the long posts that would anger me.
Oh well. I’m going back to Newsy and his death wish.

Svage 12-06-2021 01:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Apia resurrected (Post 891457)
Dilemma:
I would love to join the fun here but also, I donít want to read all the long posts that would anger me.
Oh well. Iím going back to Newsy and his death wish.

Try skimming it, thats what i do, the crazy just pops off the page

nordcharonmir 12-14-2021 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Svage (Post 891460)
Try skimming it, thats what i do, the crazy just pops off the page

This explains a lot about you. Skip the skim try full fat; life is better if you read.

nordcharonmir 12-14-2021 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nordcharonmir (Post 891410)
Breaking News for Cali boy....mask mandate in Santa Cruz for INSIDE PRIVATE RESIDENCES!!!!!!!

Match Point, time is of the essence my friend.

Also breaking news...CALI now invoking civil lawsuits for the legal ownership of "assault rifles" with a 10k bounty to any citizen who sues another citizen. This is known as unconstitutional as well as McCarthyism.

I have a riddle for our Cali Boy - What is a mandatory precursor for slavery and tyranny?

If you answered disarm the populace you win! A pretty key reason for the right to bear arms in British Common Law that was adapted to become America's 2A.



Before the "....but...but cuz Texas did it" rebuttal; abortion is not covered as a right in the constitution thus it can be legislated at a state level, the constitutional rights are above and inalienable by state law.

bag of lazers 12-14-2021 03:24 PM

JFC just go be a terrorist already
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by nordcharonmir (Post 891529)
Also breaking news...CALI now invoking civil lawsuits for the legal ownership of "assault rifles" with a 10k bounty to any citizen who sues another citizen. This is known as unconstitutional as well as McCarthyism.


Nope. It's for "...gun manufacturers, distributors, and sellers of assault weapons or ghost gun kits." Which is an excellent idea, because mass shootings are, and I don't know how you missed this, bad.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nordcharonmir (Post 891529)
I have a riddle for our Cali Boy - What is a mandatory precursor for slavery and tyranny?

If you answered disarm the populace you win! A pretty key reason for the right to bear arms in British Common Law that was adapted to become America's 2A.

Nope. This is an old lie that gun manufacturers use to get you to buy their products. If it were true, most governments would be totalitarian states by now, since no one has the lack of gun restrictions that we do. What we see across Europe, etc are governments much more responsive to the needs and demands of their citizens than in the US. So much for that.

Politicians use that old lie to fire up their ignorant, paranoid base about the impending "evil gun grabbin' commie takeover" just around the corner, even though every leftist victory I can think of has been an armed peoples' struggle.

The reason for the 2A was because we didn't have a real military yet. Are you a member of a "well regulated militia"? No? Then you have no right to bear arms. No one does. It's only through judicial activism and gun manufacturer lobbying that anyone believes in the comically-wrong-on-its-face conservative interpretation. All you have to do is read the damn thing. Thing is, even if the 2A actually said what ammosexuals pretend it did, so what? It's quite obvious where that has led us. It would have been a very bad idea.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nordcharonmir (Post 891529)
Before the "....but...but cuz Texas did it" rebuttal; abortion is not covered as a right in the constitution thus it can be legislated at a state level, the constitutional rights are above and inalienable by state law.

The right to an abortion was settled in Roe v. Wade, like how gun rights have been largely settled by other cases. While legislation has been used to chip away at women's right to bodily autonomy in order to please a magical man who lives in the sky, that right is protected (but not for long). That's why these challenges keep coming to the Supreme Court. Liberals don't want human beings to violently die for no good reason vs. conservatives who want to be able to kill people en masse and protect the "lives" of pre-humans to please an ancient desert god.

Know what though? I've been thinking I need to buy a gun fairly soon anyway. After all, there's too many people like you running around out here. We're headed for a nationwide Irish Troubles type situation and I don't like the idea of being unarmed during that. I haven't bought one yet because statistically it's much more likely that me or someone close to me will be hurt or killed rather than anything good happening.

nordcharonmir 12-14-2021 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bag of lazers (Post 891532)
Nope. It's for "...gun manufacturers, distributors, and sellers of assault weapons or ghost gun kits." Which is an excellent idea, because mass shootings are, and I don't know how you missed this, bad.

Let's start with first things first...it is illegal to posses, sell, fire, etc. an assault rifle in California. Full Stop. They are talking about "assault rifles" which are currently any semi-automatic weapon long gun with barrel rifling.

The new law is aimed at anyone who "manufactures" (which is stupid there is no firearm manufacturing in California probably in decades), distributes (i.e. any person as well as FFLs), or sells (i.e. any person as well as FFLs) or ghost gun kits (this is the biggest boogie man ever invented...with tens of laws already designed around 80% lowers etc., it's just another scary word to get to say) and any parts (this is the teeth of the legislation - as we have already seen with the slippery slope that has been "assault weapons" what qualifies as a "part" will rapidly change and grow).

Good point about mass shootings, no one has ever been shot in any other country. It is completely an American problem.

Countries with the Highest Rates of Violent Gun Death (Homicides) per 100k residents in 2019

1 El Salvador (36.78)
2 Venezuela (33.27)
3 Guatemala (29.06)
4 Colombia (26.36)
5 Brazil (21.93)
6 Bahamas (21.52)
7 Honduras (20.15)
8 U.S. Virgin Islands (19.40)
9 Puerto Rico (18.14)
10 Mexico (16.41)


We didn't make the list. Think we actually fall around 26th. We just have a media that loves to fetishize blood shed and use it to push gun laws.


Quote:

Originally Posted by bag of lazers (Post 891532)
Nope. This is an old lie that gun manufacturers use to get you to buy their products.

Holey Crap! Did u seriously just non-ironically use politifact? You are so much further gone than I thought. This is not an old lie, strict gun laws that were loosened for Non-Jude and tightened specifically on Jude...See weapons laws loosened on Catholics and tightened specifically on Protestants....see loosened on plantation owners and tightened on slaves and black freemen south of mason dixon...see a pattern?

Just to be specific to the specific instance you choose to play politifact: 1928 - Firearm registry and Ammunition registry (sound familiar California)...all firearms and all ammunition owners are known to the government with specifics of what/how much. 1931 Nazi v Communist street violence allows for the passage of law to confisgate without cause firearms (and many other types of weapons). This is an important year. 1933 effectively through no longer allowing certain groups (communists and Jews) to get firearm permits they are effectively disarmed. 1935 Nuremberg Laws - Jews loose civil rights which now prohibits even trying to get permits for firearms and strips them of the right of even manual self defense. 1938 additional Jew specific weapons laws evolve, by the end of 1938 it is now explicit that Jews cannot be in possession of anything that could be used as a weapon (Nazi Weapons Law, think this was enacted just about the end of the year).

Quote:

Originally Posted by bag of lazers (Post 891532)
...even though every leftist victory I can think of has been an armed peoples' struggle.

Holey Crap! I though politifact was going to be the craziest made up bullshit in this post, then you drop this gem.

Do you see the sillyness in saying everyone should be disarmed then arguing for the leftist victories that required "armed peoples' struggle". You see how disarmed people aren't typically armed.

With that said...Leftists voted in Stalin, Hitler, Mao, etc...

Serious point, would you like me to give you some history book recommendations? There seems to be a giant blind spot in historical knowledge.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bag of lazers (Post 891532)
The reason for the 2A was because we didn't have a real military yet. Are you a member of a "well regulated militia"? No? Then you have no right to bear arms. No one does. It's only through judicial activism and gun manufacturer lobbying that anyone believes in the comically-wrong-on-its-face conservative interpretation. All you have to do is read the damn thing.

While there are whiffs of reality in the first point that the desire to dissuade a standing army is correct, the acting like person defense and militia vs standing army are somehow binary ideas is patently ridiculous!

Are you a member of well regulated militia? Yes because it is my duty as a free citizen of the United States.

There is no "interpretation". It is as simply written of all the amendments. The militia and the people have a right to bear arms. The militia piece was added when moving from British law to adapt it to US constitution to make explicit the right of the people via a militia to oppose a Governmental Standing Army. I have read the "damn thing" many many times and have read the pamphlets from the framers as well as the writtings of the original framers from the Great Revolution and the British Civil War...it is unbelievably and exhaustively clear the intent.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bag of lazers (Post 891532)
The right to an abortion was settled in Roe v. Wade, like how gun rights have been largely settled by other cases. While legislation has been used to chip away at women's right to bodily autonomy in order to please a magical man who lives in the sky, that right is protected (but not for long). That's why these challenges keep coming to the Supreme Court. Liberals don't want human beings to violently die for no good reason vs. conservatives who want to be able to kill people en masse and protect the "lives" of pre-humans to please an ancient desert god.

I hate to make a habit of disagreeing with you since I tend to have personal beliefs that align with yours on abortion but a point of constitutional law that is important to clarify. Roe v Wade at the constitutional level was a 14th amendment ruling based on privacy that ruled in favor of the 14th amendments application thus overruling state/local law because the constitution has legal authority above state and local law. Thus using the same application of the law (which is how the law is designed to work) the second amendment would override local and state laws related to the infringement of the right to bear arms.

Saying liberals don't want death for no reason and conservative want to be able to mass kill people is fucking stupid. This is absolutely absurd reductionist thinking that makes people play victim and justify horrible actions. Everything else here is silly and misinformed but this statement is fucking dangerous. You are better than this.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bag of lazers (Post 891532)
Know what though? I've been thinking I need to buy a gun fairly soon anyway. After all, there's too many people like you running around out here. We're headed for a nationwide Irish Troubles type situation and I don't like the idea of being unarmed during that. I haven't bought one yet because statistically it's much more likely that me or someone close to me will be hurt or killed rather than anything good happening.

I feel this is a veiled threat, I don't appreciate that. I am 100% in support of you exercising your rights if you understand the flip side of rights is responsibility. If you are a responsible gun owner I think you will come around to my side of thinking but if you exercise the shit thought process outlined just above you may find yourself part of that cherry picked statistic you presented that is more about mental health and suicide.

bag of lazers 12-15-2021 08:22 AM

Why are you still here? Usually cars get towed away after they're completely wrecked.

You know you cherry picked the first stat. Even just copying and pasting "Countries with the Highest Rates of Violent Gun Death (Homicides) per 100k residents in 2019" shows that the US is in 2nd place in overall gun deaths. There's even a map at the top of the page that shows that Europe, where there are strict laws, doesn't have a high number of gun deaths. Everywhere you listed doesn't have strict gun laws. You proved my point. Welcome to Keith's "weird liars" list.

The rest of this is even more tedious and exhausting. Unlike you, I got shit to do. Stop watching Fox. Stop making excuses for your gun fetish and just say "I want to easily kill people." Realize that conservative ideas always end up embarrassing to the conservative movement just a few years later. I'm done here.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:04 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.1
Keith and The GirlAd Management plugin by RedTyger