Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Do you sleep to a sound/noise machine of some kind?
Yes 20 64.52%
No 11 35.48%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree31Likes

Old 11-24-2021, 03:42 PM   #1 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

3477: Doubt It w/ Hannah Boone

The hilarious Hannah Boone joins Keith and Chemda to celebrate the Aumaud Arbery verdict, discuss Aaron Rodgers’ Covid Toe, and the new series Dopesick. They discuss Tucker Carlson’s “documentary” Patriot Purge, Kid Rock’s “song” Don’t Tell Me How to Live, and Louis C.K.’s 2021 Grammy nomination. In personal news, we learn about Hannah Boone’s after-relapse relationships, literally not being able to cry, and social media. HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

Guest:
Hannah Boone

Share this episode: Twitter, Facebook & email

Get the show: on iTunes, on Stitcher and RSS feed
The Girl likes this.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2021, 07:08 PM   #2 (permalink)

hell yeah noise machine! if you have Spotify, might i recommend TMsoft’s buffet of sounds. i like rain and light traffic, airplane cabin, spaceship quarters, beach waves, sailing on a tall ship. the best though is dryer noise. my bedroom as a kid shared a wall with the laundry room and those sounds lull me right to Sleepsville.
Keith and Bucho like this.
Old 11-24-2021, 11:11 PM   #3 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

I love it dark and quiet when I sleep to prepare myself for my grave.
#yolo
Keith, Bucho, Piscean and 1 others like this.
Old 11-24-2021, 11:48 PM   #4 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

We dont use the pain chart here.
( coincidentally we don't have an opiod crisis)
But I wouldn't know how to rate my pain.

The worst I felt was at my natural birth experience ( things went too fast I wanted drugs but it was too late)
And it felt like this:
Pain, pain in my head, the presence is pain, my body is breaking apart I can't remember there was ever something else but pain. There will only be pain forever, I feel my existence coming to an end my systems all overloaded with hot everpresent pain.

So I guess it was a 7?
Keith and Sparrow like this.
Old 11-25-2021, 03:37 PM   #5 (permalink)

i’ve never experienced birth, but i do have chronic kidney stones. to the point where i suffered sepsis AND hypothermia followed by a ureteral stent for two months. been to 10/10. luckily your brain goes wonky to protect you. also, drugs.

men like to compare that to birth and let me tell you, i’d rather the stone. you pop it out and things feel better real quick. after a baby? that’s where the nightmare begins. i cannot imagine that level of trauma to my nethers to then go home and recover while a monster screams at you and gnaws at your cracked nipples. the fuck?! no thanks.

the lesson: all men are whiny ass trash babies.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aunt_helen View Post
Laugh a little, chigger. The world is a fun place.
Old 11-25-2021, 10:12 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
i’ve never experienced birth, but i do have chronic kidney stones. to the point where i suffered sepsis AND hypothermia followed by a ureteral stent for two months. been to 10/10. luckily your brain goes wonky to protect you. also, drugs.

men like to compare that to birth and let me tell you, i’d rather the stone. you pop it out and things feel better real quick. after a baby? that’s where the nightmare begins. i cannot imagine that level of trauma to my nethers to then go home and recover while a monster screams at you and gnaws at your cracked nipples. the fuck?! no thanks.

the lesson: all men are whiny ass trash babies.
I never had a stone so I can't compare. Also unless the men aren't trans men who had a baby before, how can they compare?
But what you should consider is when you wanted the child there is also:

Being greatful to have the child, love, feeling warm inside, feeling a deep connection, new experiences, being proud to be able to give so much to a new human. It's not easy but it's rewarding. Breastfeeding was for me good after the first 2 days of getting used to it with no pain.

Try this with a stone.
Old 11-26-2021, 01:41 AM   #7 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

What kind of a fucking weirdo doesn't fall asleep listening to podcasts?
The Girl and Liquid like this.
Old 11-26-2021, 03:00 AM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucho View Post
What kind of a fucking weirdo doesn't fall asleep listening to podcasts?
Me.
I fall asleep very fast and when I listen to a podcast it takes way longer.
Piscean and thirteen like this.
Old 11-26-2021, 06:22 AM   #9 (permalink)

Speaking of long term side effects of covid, I just found out about Parosmia, which people can have for MONTHS if not forever after having covid.

Essentially makes most food taste like hot garbage, literally.

I'll take my shots, thanks.
Old 11-27-2021, 11:31 AM   #10 (permalink)

The hospitals really want to push the drugs.

I broke both bones (tib/fib) in my lower leg and needed surgery. After leaving the OR, they took me to a room for the night. Nurse came in the next morning and started fiddling with the pain med system. I finally asked, "What are you doing?" She said, "I'm trying to fix this for you, it's not working." She figured it wasn't working because the morphine level wasn't going down. I let her know I wasn't pushing the button because I didn't feel I needed it. She instantly hit the button a few times to drug me against my wishes.

A few hours later they were going to discharge me. Doctor came in and gave me a prescription for pain pills. I said I would fill it, knowing full well I wouldn't. They wouldn't let me check out until I took at least 1 pill in front of them.

They actively worked to push that shit on me. And yeah, a broken leg, and then surgery to run a rod through the bone was painful. But I never felt like the pain was more than I could manage.
Keith likes this.