Keith and The Girl Forums

Keith and The Girl Forums (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/)
-   Show Talk (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f5/)
-   -   3477: Doubt It w/ Hannah Boone (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f5/3477-doubt-w-hannah-boone-22305/)

Keith 11-24-2021 03:42 PM

3477: Doubt It w/ Hannah Boone

The hilarious Hannah Boone joins Keith and Chemda to celebrate the Aumaud Arbery verdict, discuss Aaron Rodgers’ Covid Toe, and the new series Dopesick. They discuss Tucker Carlson’s “documentary” Patriot Purge, Kid Rock’s “song” Don’t Tell Me How to Live, and Louis C.K.’s 2021 Grammy nomination. In personal news, we learn about Hannah Boone’s after-relapse relationships, literally not being able to cry, and social media. HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

Guest:
Hannah Boone
http://static-3.keithandthegirl.net/...NE-100x100.jpg

Share this episode: Twitter, Facebook & email

Get the show: on iTunes, on Stitcher and RSS feed

Sparrow 11-24-2021 07:08 PM

hell yeah noise machine! if you have Spotify, might i recommend TMsoft’s buffet of sounds. i like rain and light traffic, airplane cabin, spaceship quarters, beach waves, sailing on a tall ship. the best though is dryer noise. my bedroom as a kid shared a wall with the laundry room and those sounds lull me right to Sleepsville.

Apia resurrected 11-24-2021 11:11 PM

I love it dark and quiet when I sleep to prepare myself for my grave.
#yolo

Apia resurrected 11-24-2021 11:48 PM

We dont use the pain chart here.
( coincidentally we don't have an opiod crisis)
But I wouldn't know how to rate my pain.

The worst I felt was at my natural birth experience ( things went too fast I wanted drugs but it was too late)
And it felt like this:
Pain, pain in my head, the presence is pain, my body is breaking apart I can't remember there was ever something else but pain. There will only be pain forever, I feel my existence coming to an end my systems all overloaded with hot everpresent pain.

So I guess it was a 7?

Sparrow 11-25-2021 03:37 PM

i’ve never experienced birth, but i do have chronic kidney stones. to the point where i suffered sepsis AND hypothermia followed by a ureteral stent for two months. been to 10/10. luckily your brain goes wonky to protect you. also, drugs.

men like to compare that to birth and let me tell you, i’d rather the stone. you pop it out and things feel better real quick. after a baby? that’s where the nightmare begins. i cannot imagine that level of trauma to my nethers to then go home and recover while a monster screams at you and gnaws at your cracked nipples. the fuck?! no thanks.

the lesson: all men are whiny ass trash babies.

Apia resurrected 11-25-2021 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sparrow (Post 891258)
i’ve never experienced birth, but i do have chronic kidney stones. to the point where i suffered sepsis AND hypothermia followed by a ureteral stent for two months. been to 10/10. luckily your brain goes wonky to protect you. also, drugs.

men like to compare that to birth and let me tell you, i’d rather the stone. you pop it out and things feel better real quick. after a baby? that’s where the nightmare begins. i cannot imagine that level of trauma to my nethers to then go home and recover while a monster screams at you and gnaws at your cracked nipples. the fuck?! no thanks.

the lesson: all men are whiny ass trash babies.

I never had a stone so I can't compare. Also unless the men aren't trans men who had a baby before, how can they compare?
But what you should consider is when you wanted the child there is also:

Being greatful to have the child, love, feeling warm inside, feeling a deep connection, new experiences, being proud to be able to give so much to a new human. It's not easy but it's rewarding. Breastfeeding was for me good after the first 2 days of getting used to it with no pain.

Try this with a stone.

Bucho 11-26-2021 01:41 AM

What kind of a fucking weirdo doesn't fall asleep listening to podcasts?

Apia resurrected 11-26-2021 03:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bucho (Post 891262)
What kind of a fucking weirdo doesn't fall asleep listening to podcasts?

Me.
I fall asleep very fast and when I listen to a podcast it takes way longer.

Miosio 11-26-2021 06:22 AM

Speaking of long term side effects of covid, I just found out about Parosmia, which people can have for MONTHS if not forever after having covid.

Essentially makes most food taste like hot garbage, literally.

I'll take my shots, thanks.

Piscean 11-27-2021 11:31 AM

The hospitals really want to push the drugs.

I broke both bones (tib/fib) in my lower leg and needed surgery. After leaving the OR, they took me to a room for the night. Nurse came in the next morning and started fiddling with the pain med system. I finally asked, "What are you doing?" She said, "I'm trying to fix this for you, it's not working." She figured it wasn't working because the morphine level wasn't going down. I let her know I wasn't pushing the button because I didn't feel I needed it. She instantly hit the button a few times to drug me against my wishes.

A few hours later they were going to discharge me. Doctor came in and gave me a prescription for pain pills. I said I would fill it, knowing full well I wouldn't. They wouldn't let me check out until I took at least 1 pill in front of them.

They actively worked to push that shit on me. And yeah, a broken leg, and then surgery to run a rod through the bone was painful. But I never felt like the pain was more than I could manage.

Apia resurrected 11-27-2021 11:50 AM

I would add, American hospitals.

I never had a pain pill prescription, not after giving birth or any kind of dental procedure. Just asked Mr Apia, he also never had them.
Here only cancer patients in the end stage get them.

DeathInGrasp 11-28-2021 05:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miosio (Post 891264)
Speaking of long term side effects of covid, I just found out about Parosmia, which people can have for MONTHS if not forever after having covid.

Essentially makes most food taste like hot garbage, literally.

I'll take my shots, thanks.

I wonder if this lasting side effect can still occur in those of us who are vaccinated but who contract a mild(er) case of covid-19. I know loss of smell is less likely in the delta variant but as other variants come to be more prominent, this side effect may still be on the table, vaccinated or not.

My coworker had parosmia and one of the weirdest changes was that she felt intravenous Lorazepam solution smelled really funky and gross - we work with IV Lorazepam daily on our unit and the solution is totally odorless as far as anyone could tell, but something about how COVID-19 affected her sense of smell made it stink to her for months.

Edit: obviously there’s far better odds when vaccinated so it is very much worth vaccinating, though, but I’ve been seeing breakthrough cases in vaccinated people and this is one of the side effects I don’t want to get either. I have the rottenest luck and I worry I’ll be one of the vaccinated ones to get brealthrough COVID from a COVID patient on my unit and then end up with this side effect.

Liquid 11-29-2021 04:40 AM

Why doesn't this episode have Hannah's name in the title? Conspiracy theories begin!

shoebootie 11-29-2021 12:36 PM

Check out this bad boy, got 20 white noise options: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

nordcharonmir 11-29-2021 01:24 PM

Would love to love hanna boone but for some reason is off putting. All the drug talk makes her and Chemda unattractive sounding.

I also, enjoy relistening to a podcast to fall asleep. If it's new then is too interesting to actually sleep through.

shoebootie 11-29-2021 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nordcharonmir (Post 891309)
All the drug talk makes her and Chemda unattractive sounding.

Crazy to believe that women don't do things to be attractive to everyone at all times. Wild...

nordcharonmir 11-29-2021 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shoebootie (Post 891310)
Crazy to believe that women don't do things to be attractive to everyone at all times. Wild...

haha, but typically it would enter most peoples consideration during public promotion.

rodimusprime 11-29-2021 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shoebootie (Post 891310)

Sketchowl’s burner account got the hottest takes!

nordcharonmir 11-29-2021 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rodimusprime (Post 891320)
Sketchowl’s burner account got the hottest takes!

hahaha I'm starting to come around to his position...you ain't so bright there buddy.

rodimusprime 11-29-2021 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nordcharonmir (Post 891330)
hahaha I'm starting to come around to his position...you ain't so bright there buddy.

This is so sad but also so funny. Wow. Keep going.

Keith 11-29-2021 09:30 PM

But let’s focus on I’m rehearing this show right now and I’m in love with Hannah. Let’s let this weirdo focus on the Rittenhouse thread.

Keith 11-30-2021 02:25 AM

Chemda, goddess bless her, said the movie is Thank You for …

It’s called Thanks for Sharing with MARK RUFFALO AND GWYNETH PALTROW

panicBoy 12-02-2021 11:23 AM

I first learned about deus ex machina in connection with the sponsor parachutes in The Hunger Games. Everytime they get in a pinch OPE HERE COMES ANOTHER FUCKIN PARACHUTE.

panicBoy 12-02-2021 12:39 PM

I first learned about deus ex machina in connection with the sponsor parachutes in The Hunger Games.