No 14 77.78%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree8Likes
  • 1 Post By Keith
  • 3 Post By Apia resurrected
  • 2 Post By DeathInGrasp
  • 1 Post By bag of lazers
  • 1 Post By SpareBen

Old 02-08-2022, 01:56 PM   #1 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

3499: 2022 24-Hour Marathon: Does Keith Have ADD w/ Jeff, Emily, and Shelton

Jeff Meacham, longtime KATG friend and the new Planet Fitness spokesperson, discusses his kid party skills and Attention Deficit Disorder. Does Keith have it?! Emily Panic and Shelton Lindsay are in for the brain examinations. Emily shares her run-in with the law. Also, since we·re talkin·, how would your exes describe you? And shoutout to Max.

Guests:
Emily Panic

Jeff Meacham

Shelton Lindsay

Share this episode: Twitter, Facebook & email

Get the show: on iTunes, on Stitcher and RSS feed
The Girl likes this.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2022, 12:01 AM   #2 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Jeff has a very good sounding voice.
And where have I seen him last?
In a role where he didn't talk.
He played a supportive secret gay boyfriend of a Mexican singer in the 80 ties in the show Acapulco.
Keith, The Girl and SpareBen like this.
Old 02-09-2022, 12:20 PM   #3 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

Idk how you guys did it with children’s parties. Amusing children and meeting parent’s expectations is rough. When I was 19 I worked for six months at a JC Penney Portraits and I’d get fifteen minutes to make a baby or kid laugh while photographing them, then was expected to make sales quotas to boot trying to sell prints. It was miserable. Nothing sucks out any natural joy and levity like pressure to have to make grouchy kids (in scratchy Sunday best clothing) laugh under a strict time limit. All with minimal training or consideration if I even had the personality or skills to amuse children or take photographs (turns out I didn’t, and my sales average sucked). Still better than working Toys R Us during Christmas season though.
Keith and The Girl like this.
Old 02-09-2022, 02:51 PM   #4 (permalink)

I loved the ADD discussion in this episode! The "I don't know" thing is 200% true. I'd love to be able to remember things that were important... or even not important. Many times in school the teacher would say, "Hand in that paper/report/etc and I had no idea what they were talking about. My grades weren't exactly great and I went to summer school twice. I despised the various ADD meds they had me on in high school, but if it wasn't for their intermittent use I probably would have flunked out entirely. The problem was that all I wanted to do was theater and music and I felt like the meds crushed my creativity. I felt heavy, like there was a thick weighted blanket on top of me.

ADD is a like a lot of other disorders where it's a list of features, and if you have most of them you're considered ADD. For me the only real litmus test is how you react to ADD drugs like Ritalin: Does it calm your brain down so you can get shit done that you never would have otherwise? You have ADD. Did it act more like speed? You don't have ADD.

Today the meds are supposedly better, but I can't get a 'scrip because I live in a college town and abuse is rampant. I'd have to go to expensive therapy out of town for a long time before I could get them, so... nah.
Keith likes this.
Old 02-10-2022, 02:08 PM   #5 (permalink)

Thanks for the ADD test - I fit too, but also an addict so will be resisting following up. I love Jeff - am I the only person on the forums who watches Blackish? He's not featured much these days. Man, imagine that guy's bank account though.
Keith likes this.

Last edited by SpareBen; 02-10-2022 at 02:38 PM.
Old 02-16-2022, 01:20 AM   #6 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

"And all the morons. And all the stooges with their coins."

God damn I'll cum
Old 02-16-2022, 06:17 PM   #7 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpareBen View Post
Thanks for the ADD test - I fit too, but also an addict so will be resisting following up. I love Jeff - am I the only person on the forums who watches Blackish? He's not featured much these days. Man, imagine that guy's bank account though.
I've watched every season except this last one, just haven't had time. Do you keep up with grown-ish?
Old 02-21-2022, 09:43 AM   #8 (permalink)

Nope, sampled a couple of episodes in season 1 & dropped it. I think I've aged out of Freeform programming! Enjoyed Mixedish a lot though.