Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

Old 09-22-2006, 12:11 PM   #11 (permalink)
mcd

My doctor is king of bad handwriting. I've gotten into arguments with him after going to pharmacies and having to wait around while the pharmacist tries to decifer his fucked up handwriting.

And it's not that he scribbles. He writes with super small letters that look more like a series of vertical lines. Each letteer looks just like the previous one. The thing is, if you watch him write these prescriptions, it takes him longer to write this way than it would if he just scribbled something or wrote like a human being. I swear he writes like this just to be a dick, and my pharmacist agrees. There is no reason for it.

In the end, my pharmacist always has to call the office to find out what the hell the guy wrote. I have to make sure that if I need a prescription filled, I go to the pharmacy during my doctor's office hours so that someone will be there when the pharmacist has to make the call.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 12:31 PM   #12 (permalink)
47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Is Spooky selling all that shit on ebay? If so, it's going to be a HUGE bitch to ship (I guess he could go NY only on it).
Old 09-22-2006, 12:44 PM   #13 (permalink)

SPOO-KY! SPOO-KY! SPOO-KY! Spooky, we have missed you! At least I have.
Old 09-22-2006, 01:00 PM   #14 (permalink)
NO BRUMSKI

I've been inebriate more times than I can recall and my teeth have never became numb.

I too despise the media.

War shouldn't be PC. Drop the bomb and get it over with already.

Fuckity fuck fuck.

Google is the source of all knowledge.

Show breaks should always be material from Keith McNalley.

Lucky Louie was awesome, HBO sucks.

My younger brother and his friend smoked weed with my mom (is that worse than beer?). Now whenever my mom implies that she is/was a good mother, I simply mention how she smoked weed with her son and she immediately shuts up.
Old 09-22-2006, 01:13 PM   #15 (permalink)

Application for Resident Biologist accepted!!

I used to work in restaurants and all the managers had to be certified by the NSF in food service sanitation.....I used to love the calls from guests who became ill "immediately upon leaving the restaurant!" Here's a tip people: there is no foodborne illness that will make you sick immediately. If you are going to call a restaurant and claim their food made you sick, tell them it took at least 7-8 hours.

Sky Jedi, I have a question: Does the E. coli on spinach or lettuce occur in the handling or cultivation? I guess in either case, washing would solve the problem, but I heard once on NPR that they were finding E.coli just kind of grew into the lettuce -- I don't really understand that but that is kind of scary since you don't normally cook lettuce and if you can't wash it off that's a problem...Also, I know that certain bacterias are spore formers (bacillus cerius for one -- I'm sure I spelled that wrong) and can't be killed during heating or freezing -- is E. coli a spore former? I personally don't really worry about E. coli that much -- I now work on a farm and part of my duties include cleaning up after the horses and a couple of steers and I know their waste is loaded with E. Coli and I'm sure I inhale a lot of it everyday or just get it on my hands or whatever....I've just always assumed I have probably built up more immunity to it....on the other hand, get me around people in an airplane or something and I ALWAYS get sick -- I'm not around disgusting human bacteria often enough..........Also, do you think there is any benefit to taking probiotics if you have to take antibiotics in order to keep the balance of good/bad bacteria in your body? I often give my horses probiotics when they are taking antibiotics...

Anyhow, here's a tip for everybody else: If you eat at Asian restaurants often, the thing that is probably most likely to make you sick is the rice. Always handle rice carefully -- if it is left at room temp, it will form the spore-forming bacteria that can't be killed by heat or by freezing. Just thought you should all know!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyjedi
SkyJedi
Application for Resident Biologist

E.coli, which is short for Escherichia coli is a rod shaped Bacteria. The Media would like you to think that all E.coli will kill you. They would like to think that you should overcook meat to kill all bacteria otherwise you will die.

The truth? Look at your hand, there are millions of E.coli on your hand. I don't care if you just washed your hands, there is still E.coli there. If you dip you hand in ethanol and then light it on fire then you would probably kill all the bacteria. There are hundred of different type of E.coli in the world, just like there are different races of people. Only a Small fraction of E.coli are harmful to humans.

Here is another thing. Your insides, the stuff that hopefully you will never see, especially your intestines are full of E.coli. They live there, digest some of your food for you, and make the methane that you fart. They live in your armpits and make them stick, and that filmy stuff on your teeth when you wake up in the morning? Yeap E.coli. Girls you know what keep the yeast in your cooch in check, bacteria. Which is why sometimes when girls take antibiotics, which kill bacteria and cause a shift in power between the yeast and bacteria, get yeast infections.

Now the E.coli that is making people sick is almost identical to the E.coli that lives in your gut, with the major exception at they have an extra gene that produces a waste byproduct, bacteria shit basically, that is toxic to us. The bad bacteria also have the power to change the E.coli that currently resides in you into the pathogenic strain.

So most E.coli is harmless. I work with it everyday. I could probably drink it and it wouldn't do anything to me. There is no way i would cause I'm not a fucking idiot. One bad bacteria and and i would be drinking a diarrhea grenade.

So in conclusion, Fuck the hype and don't worry so fucking much about E.coli
, your covered in it, inside and out.
Old 09-22-2006, 01:23 PM   #16 (permalink)

Laright first bacteria don't produce spores. Mold does.

The reason that you don't get sick from the E.cloi in the horse shit is that its most likely the same strain of Ecoli that's inside of you.

It's very hard for E.coli to become airborne, to be affected you have to ingest the E.coli.

For the food posining it depends on how much and how long the bacteria has been sitting growing on the food. In the cases of the spinach cases lately the Ecoli was most likey introduced to the greens during the washing process. They used water that was contaiminated basicly. The bacteria hasn't had a huge amount of time to grow, maybe 3-4 days in a refrigerator and people eat the spinich and the bacteria been to grow extremely fast inside of the human body producing toxins and cause some nasty shit, literally.

As keith can tell, bacteria that have been growing on or in food, 7-11 tuna, longer, 10+ days, the amount of toxins in the food cause a more immediate reaction, hurling on the side of the road.

Fun fact! The toxin produced by Clostridium botulinum is a powerful Neurotoxin causing symptoms from migrane to anal fissure is also the active chemical in BOTOX

Anything else?

Last edited by skyjedi; 09-22-2006 at 01:29 PM.
Old 09-22-2006, 01:35 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Hmmm....OK, have to disagree there......
"Bacillus species are aerobic, sporulating, rod-shaped bacteria which are ubiquitous in nature." (This qote is taken out of something that spoke of a few different bacillus species, I don't know if that makes a difference?)

Or maybe I am misunderstanding something? But my google search led me to confirm my belief that bacteria do form spores.....
Old 09-22-2006, 01:36 PM   #18 (permalink)

Why should doctors or world leaders have to account for their actions?
Trigger happy cops should get a free pass too. Its just human life, whats the big deal? Why are some people so petty and litigious about incompetent actions that lead to pain, suffering and death? Everybody makes mistakes. That's why pencils have erasers.
Old 09-22-2006, 01:37 PM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tashalizzie
Or maybe I am misunderstanding something? But my google search led me to confirm my belief that bacteria do form spores.....

All you geeks are turning me on.
Old 09-22-2006, 01:40 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:

The reason that you don't get sick from the E.cloi in the horse shit is that its most likely the same strain of Ecoli that's inside of you.

It's very hard for E.coli to become airborne, to be affected you have to ingest the E.coli.
Oh yeah, one more thing, would it make a difference if I am in a very dry dusty environment? I'm in Colorado, so I assume everything becomes airborne since it is so dusty??...Also, I'm curious: how long does E. coli bacteria survive in an inhospitable environment?