Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: You ever dump your drawers as an adult?
Yes 13 37.14%
No 22 62.86%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree34Likes

Old 03-24-2022, 05:17 PM   #11 (permalink)

For Keith's request...here is the study that deals DIRECTLY with the question in play. To what degree does just suppressing a single variable (testosterone) of human sexual dimorphism impact performance advantage?

https://link.springer.com/article/10...79-020-01389-3

abstract for the non-clickers/readers;

Quote:
Males enjoy physical performance advantages over females within competitive sport. The sex-based segregation into male and female sporting categories does not account for transgender persons who experience incongruence between their biological sex and their experienced gender identity. Accordingly, the International Olympic Committee (IOC) determined criteria by which a transgender woman may be eligible to compete in the female category, requiring total serum testosterone levels to be suppressed below 10 nmol/L for at least 12 months prior to and during competition. Whether this regulation removes the male performance advantage has not been scrutinized. Here, we review how differences in biological characteristics between biological males and females affect sporting performance and assess whether evidence exists to support the assumption that testosterone suppression in transgender women removes the male performance advantage and thus delivers fair and safe competition. We report that the performance gap between males and females becomes significant at puberty and often amounts to 10–50% depending on sport. The performance gap is more pronounced in sporting activities relying on muscle mass and explosive strength, particularly in the upper body. Longitudinal studies examining the effects of testosterone suppression on muscle mass and strength in transgender women consistently show very modest changes, where the loss of lean body mass, muscle area and strength typically amounts to approximately 5% after 12 months of treatment. Thus, the muscular advantage enjoyed by transgender women is only minimally reduced when testosterone is suppressed. Sports organizations should consider this evidence when reassessing current policies regarding participation of transgender women in the female category of sport
Note even here it is still primarily focused on physical aspects primarily mass as opposed to muscle innervation and efficiencies and of course all the mental/psychological differences.
Cortney likes this.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2022, 05:42 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nordcharonmir View Post
Seems when he got to 500ish place
As a personal rule I don't discuss trans rights with people who misgender trans people, especially in a text post because it's not an off the cuff accident.

I have this rule because these folks are too far behind for any discussion to have an impact.
Old 03-24-2022, 07:08 PM   #13 (permalink)

And for Keith.

I didn't share this earlier but since a source was requested from someone whose post history is very telling I thought I would share for you.

My original source was from a fb thread so it took me a while to find an article. (The article cites it's sources).

Weird it took so long for me to find it. It's like it's been buried by bigots.

The stuff about her record before hormones is toward the bottom.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ind...715.html%3famp
Cortney and mxmalloryjane like this.
Old 03-24-2022, 07:10 PM   #14 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Nice.
Svage likes this.
Old 03-25-2022, 12:14 AM   #15 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

I’m shortly back from not caring about sports.

The question is interesting because we ( or at least some of us) want to be progressive and not discriminate but there are still questions.
Why should the answer be easy an not messy?
Progressive people its ok to admit that it’s multi factorial and we are not 100% sure.
This is life, and it’s often complicated.
Cortney likes this.
Old 03-25-2022, 02:40 AM   #16 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Let’s get messy. Solved. NICE!
Apia resurrected likes this.
Old 03-25-2022, 02:51 AM   #17 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
Let’s get messy. Solved. NICE!
I’m not solving anything here. That’s for sure.
Old 03-25-2022, 12:03 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by marykae View Post
As a personal rule I don't discuss trans rights with people who misgender trans people, especially in a text post because it's not an off the cuff accident.

I have this rule because these folks are too far behind for any discussion to have an impact.
How is it misgendering? Was he not a he when he competed as a man and was publicly recognized and stated his pronouns as he? There is some reference to him floating the idea of transitioning to his family in 2018 but was not how he was publicly known and identified. Please clarify.

P.s. too far behind...what?!?! Behind the orthodoxy? What happened to "trust the science"?

Last edited by nordcharonmir; 03-25-2022 at 12:08 PM.
Old 03-25-2022, 12:07 PM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by marykae View Post
And for Keith.

I didn't share this earlier but since a source was requested from someone whose post history is very telling I thought I would share for you.

My original source was from a fb thread so it took me a while to find an article. (The article cites it's sources).

Weird it took so long for me to find it. It's like it's been buried by bigots.

The stuff about her record before hormones is toward the bottom.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ind...715.html%3famp
Hahaha, bigots suppressed it? That's because as we all know the conservatives have a strangle hold on the media, big tech etc. Clean piece of reasoning there.

Please reread this article and see if it says what you think...you may find reading critically that the vagueness is intended by leaving out dates in specific claims because they are leading the reader without making concrete easily disproven statements. This is marketing copy, not the full truth. Careful where you get your info.
Cortney likes this.
Old 03-25-2022, 08:58 PM   #20 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

I feel like the poll for this show should've been "Does Rod owe Keith an apology for surprising him with Myq Kaplan during lunch?"

I think I misunderstood Keith's texts. He said to try something I had never tried for lunch before...