Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Is it inappropriate for white people to discuss THE SLAP?
Yes 6 14.63%
No 35 85.37%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree116Likes

Old 04-03-2022, 11:38 AM   #51 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid View Post
Yep I currently live in Atlanta but I'm from Alabama.
i thought so! we should get lunch.
Mermaid likes this.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2022, 12:19 PM   #52 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
Definitely!
Sparrow likes this.
Old 04-03-2022, 12:45 PM   #53 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Rod, I listen to TBGWT and I just want you to know that I am just a long winded ass person in general. I love a long discussion, which is part of the reason I love your show. For those random 3hr episodes that are a deep dive into yalls thoughts.

Its more an ADHD hyperfocus thing than anything else. It's not specific to being disappointed in white people not "getting it". I need something to think about while I do other things (school/work) for stimulation.

I promise I will forget I even had these conversations when my brain decides it's wants to think/talk about cycling or mice mortality in a day or two.

Also, I wasnt the person who wrote in saying white people shouldn't talk about black stuff. I'm not that naive. I just understand why the writer felt that way. And I'm not afraid of confrontation.
Dope.
Old 04-03-2022, 02:13 PM   #54 (permalink)
2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

Cycling you say what do you ride?

Quote:
Rod, I listen to TBGWT and I just want you to know that I am just a long winded ass person in general. I love a long discussion, which is part of the reason I love your show. For those random 3hr episodes that are a deep dive into yalls thoughts.

Its more an ADHD hyperfocus thing than anything else. It's not specific to being disappointed in white people not "getting it". I need something to think about while I do other things (school/work) for stimulation.

I promise I will forget I even had these conversations when my brain decides it's wants to think/talk about cycling or mice mortality in a day or two.

Also, I wasnt the person who wrote in saying white people shouldn't talk about black stuff. I'm not that naive. I just understand why the writer felt that way. And I'm not afraid of confrontation.
Old 04-03-2022, 02:21 PM   #55 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by da_ticklah View Post
Cycling you say what do you ride?
I have a Liv Alight 3. I'm super new to it tho.
Old 04-03-2022, 03:00 PM   #56 (permalink)
2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
I have a Liv Alight 3. I'm super new to it tho.
Miles is miles, keep pushing pedals. It's a great way to build cardio fitness
Mermaid likes this.
Old 04-04-2022, 07:26 AM   #57 (permalink)
2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
I don't know anything about Ukraine. I don't say shit about Ukraine. I just read what people in Ukraine have to say.

I am able-bodied therefore I don't speak with authority about disability. And welcome correction without argument from members of that community.

I am (mostly) hetero so I don't speak with authority about homosexuality. And welcome correction without argument from member of that community.

Some of us don't have a problem identifying our privileges and knowing that means we can be and often are wrong about a subject.
Mermaid,

Just this last week with the transgender swimmer conversation, Keith and Chemda acknowledged that they do no have all the right words. They are coming from a place of "Let's talk about this the best we can and be sure to listen and learn as we go."

I have become a more open, informed, and accepting person over the years, greatly influenced by Keith, Chemda and their guests.

- Scott Gaslow
picard102 and Newsy like this.
Old 04-04-2022, 07:29 AM   #58 (permalink)
2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
That's what I would have guessed. But every time I've heard a critical letter read on the show it's been torn apart for jokes. So i wondered if you just read certain ones on the show for comedic effect or you read them all and I just happen to only catch the episodes where you tear them apart.
They tear EVERYTHING apart for jokes - what the fuck you talking about?
picard102 and Newsy like this.
Old 04-04-2022, 07:40 AM   #59 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
Sparrow you should secretly invite Myq Kaplan.
Sparrow and Apia resurrected like this.
Old 04-04-2022, 11:13 AM   #60 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreeningOA View Post
Mermaid,

Just this last week with the transgender swimmer conversation, Keith and Chemda acknowledged that they do no have all the right words. They are coming from a place of "Let's talk about this the best we can and be sure to listen and learn as we go."

I have become a more open, informed, and accepting person over the years, greatly influenced by Keith, Chemda and their guests.

- Scott Gaslow
Yes! Exactly! Which is why it's so frustrating when they don't/refuse to do it. That's the reason why I even listened to the Oscar's episode cause I thought they would be able to talk about it the same way they talk about other subjects.

If a trans person had wrote in obviously upset about how they handle topics about the trans community I'm not sure they'd have responded the same as they did to this person. Cause they know they have more to learn and there are multiple viewpoints within the community. The "I have trans friends/exes and they agree with me" argument wouldn't have flown and they know it.

Why can't that same humility and level of understanding be used here?