Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Should Keith at least thank his dad for reaching out?
Yes 1 5.26%
No 18 94.74%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree16Likes
  • 1 Post By Keith
  • 4 Post By Keith
  • 3 Post By CsisandDesist
  • 4 Post By Keith
  • 2 Post By Keith
  • 2 Post By panicBoy

Old 04-18-2022, 04:44 PM   #1 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

3527: Thank You, Dad w/ Liz Miele

Liz Miele joins Keith and Chemda to help discuss a myriad of topics including Keith’s birthday, his Dad’s new emails, and the deaths of Gilbert Gottfried and Patrick Carlin. The trio also discusses the NYC subway shooting and the Boston Marathon facing off against Russia.

Guest:
Liz Miele

Share this episode: Twitter, Facebook & email

Get the show: on iTunes, on Stitcher and RSS feed
The Girl likes this.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2022, 04:42 PM   #2 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Well, I just wrote my dad back finally. It's been about 2 years. I responded to his beautiful Sunrise, Sunset lyrics with "What a sweet song. I like the one I've attached."

I attached B Jason's NotCat's in My Email song file.
Old 04-19-2022, 04:45 PM   #3 (permalink)

Started the section on a terrorist mass shooting with the statement "We don't have a lot of shootings here cuz we have some of the toughest gun laws.". What are you guys doing? This is clearly a lie. Anything anyone can point to that shows anything causal about gun laws in NY lowering gun violence? Hint, you can't.

https://www.nydailynews.com/new-york...rv4-story.html

And this year it is on pace to be substantially higher again.

Notice how the homicide rate started to fall 5-10 years before the most recent round of gun laws which after being passed the pace of decreasing violence slowed and is starting to bounce back. Maybe there is another factor in a almost infinite variable system at work?

Let's look at this scenario of where a law would have stopped this. A multiple time felon on multiple watchlists buys a gun - illegal. A multiple time felon on watchlists possesses a gun - illegal. A mentally ill person deemed unsuitable posses a gun - illegal. conceals the weapon - illegal. Enters NYC counties - illegal. Has "extended clips" in NY - illegal. Has incendiary devices - illegal. Targets mass transit - illegal. Shoots people - illegal.

Everything he did was illegal how do we think another law stops people who break laws from breaking laws?????

Strategic ommission on this one too guys - any discussion of motive or we will be sweeping that under the rug cuz CNN didn't cover it?

Last edited by nordcharonmir; 04-19-2022 at 04:48 PM.
Old 04-19-2022, 04:48 PM   #4 (permalink)

I wonder why Liz feels more safe standing near people who appear to be strong men in the subway when there are no differences between men and women, right? How does this square and not questioned?
Old 04-19-2022, 05:04 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
Well, I just wrote my dad back finally. It's been about 2 years. I responded to his beautiful Sunrise, Sunset lyrics with "What a sweet song. I like the one I've attached."

Holy Crap! That is like a Daddy Issues Mic Drop.
Keith, The Girl and panicBoy like this.
Old 04-19-2022, 05:08 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nordcharonmir View Post
Started the section on a terrorist mass shooting with the statement "We don't have a lot of shootings here cuz we have some of the toughest gun laws.". What are you guys doing? This is clearly a lie. Anything anyone can point to that shows anything causal about gun laws in NY lowering gun violence? Hint, you can't.

https://www.nydailynews.com/new-york...rv4-story.html

And this year it is on pace to be substantially higher again.

Notice how the homicide rate started to fall 5-10 years before the most recent round of gun laws which after being passed the pace of decreasing violence slowed and is starting to bounce back. Maybe there is another factor in a almost infinite variable system at work?

Let's look at this scenario of where a law would have stopped this. A multiple time felon on multiple watchlists buys a gun - illegal. A multiple time felon on watchlists possesses a gun - illegal. A mentally ill person deemed unsuitable posses a gun - illegal. conceals the weapon - illegal. Enters NYC counties - illegal. Has "extended clips" in NY - illegal. Has incendiary devices - illegal. Targets mass transit - illegal. Shoots people - illegal.

Everything he did was illegal how do we think another law stops people who break laws from breaking laws?????

Strategic ommission on this one too guys - any discussion of motive or we will be sweeping that under the rug cuz CNN didn't cover it?
I have one very important question.

What the fuck are you on about?
Old 04-19-2022, 05:15 PM   #7 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Dad wrote back.

"I see you still have a beautiful voice; now if we could only encourage you to choose,your words more diplomatically.."

AH! FOILED AGAIN!
Old 04-19-2022, 05:18 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Dad wrote back.

"I see you still have a beautiful voice; now if we could only encourage you to choose,your words more diplomatically.."

AH! FOILED AGAIN!
You might find it easier to add and edit pages to the book at least.
Old 04-19-2022, 05:37 PM   #9 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

I'm gonna send him the final draft and tell him he can add the final pages, and whatever he writes makes it in.
The Girl and panicBoy like this.
Old 04-21-2022, 06:15 AM   #10 (permalink)
They call me B. Jason

Quote:
Is there a word for “horrified but honored?”
Keith and The Girl like this.