Keith and The Girl Forums

Keith and The Girl Forums (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/)
-   Show Talk (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f5/)
-   -   3543: Top Gun w/ Dustin Nickerson (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f5/3543-top-gun-w-dustin-nickerson-22453/)

Keith 05-25-2022 03:54 PM

3543: Top Gun w/ Dustin Nickerson

New guest, comic, and former youth pastor Dustin Nickerson joins Keith and Chemda as they discuss the May 2022 Texas elementary school shooting, the capturing of the NYC Q Train shooter, and violence begetting violence. Also, Keith saw a special viewing of Top Gun: Maverick, and Maverick still has a problem with authority. With that said, when he’s right … oh man he’s right.

Guest:
Dustin Nickerson
http://static-4.keithandthegirl.net/...on-100x100.jpg

Share this episode: Twitter, Facebook & email

Get the show: on iTunes, on Stitcher and RSS feed

vezione 05-25-2022 09:13 PM

I'm a dirty bird

I have a confession. I picked up a mattress from the curb before. There's really no good explanation. It was a stop gap before I could buy my own. I sprayed the shit out of it with disinfectant and wrapped it with a waterproof wrapping. I was so nervous I'd get bedbugs. But I didn't and it all "worked out". 😵😶

Apia resurrected 05-26-2022 01:01 AM

From another continent the shootings and the reactions seem kind of bizarre.

1. A terrible shooting happens.
2. People send thoughts and prayers.
3. Sane people point our that there are too many, too easy available guns in America.
4. Insane people, unfortunately the other half say that in fact more guns are needed. A gun for every child and teacher. A gun for every dog. This would help for sure. They try to blame someone they don't like for the shooting like BLM, trans people or Greta T.
5. Nothing changes.
6. A new shooting happens.

Apia resurrected 05-26-2022 02:09 AM

I'm pretty good at ADULT SHIT and I still understand Keith very well.
In fact I'm not suicidal but it I'm looking forward to be dead to not have to deal with bureaucracy. "Ms Apia please answer this letter and add copies of all contacts and your tax number and 1000 more things"
' I will not, because I'm dead. Ha"

vezione 05-26-2022 06:49 AM

So, I did what Dustin says he does and let the trauma of the shooting into my brain but then it wouldn't go away. And I was thinking about how it's total bullshit for a Republican (because let's face it, it usually is) to say it just all comes down to mental health. Lucky for them (and sucks for everybody else) that their ideology also happens to be against increasing funding for access to services and treatments for mental illness. Instead, they give their thoughts and prayers and nothing gets done all the while the Boogeyman that is "mental illness" grows and grows. So, we're stuck in this strange loop where Republicans actually make both the shooter (by stigmatizing mental illness) and the mass shooting (by basically handing out free gun passes.) It's time they start getting called out.

littlp 05-26-2022 10:22 PM

I can’t let myself ever get numb to children dying. There has to be a line somewhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apia resurrected 05-27-2022 01:14 AM

It was going great with sex numbers growing. I was living life and experiencing new partrers like a champ. Until got into a good, non poly relationship in 2006 I am still in now.
So I guess the number 14 is not about to change anytime soon.

shoebootie 05-27-2022 10:00 AM

Adult shit has me throwing more tantrums as an adult than I ever did as a child.

It all boils down to...

"STOP ASKING ME TO DO SHIT."

I have done enough things. Don't ask me to do shit anymore. No errands, no favors, no questions, enough already.

Apia resurrected 05-27-2022 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shoebootie (Post 893709)
Adult shit has me throwing more tantrums as an adult than I ever did as a child.

It all boils down to...

"STOP ASKING ME TO DO SHIT."

I have done enough things. Don't ask me to do shit anymore. No errands, no favors, no questions, enough already.

I get it.
My motivation is like this:
" Apia other people live in Afghanistan and have to marry a disgusting guy by the age of 14.
You have to have stupid discussions with compliance department. That's still lucky"

shoebootie 05-27-2022 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Apia resurrected (Post 893711)
I get it.
My motivation is like this:
" Apia other people live in Afghanistan and have to marry a disgusting guy by the age of 14.
You have to have stupid discussions with compliance department. That's still lucky"

yeah and I don't have to walk miles to get clean water for my family I guess I should be grateful or whatever.

I can still be annoyed at dumb shit while being grateful for the good things.