Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: How many people have you had sex with?
0 0 0%
1 3 9.09%
2-10 13 39.39%
11-20 9 27.27%
21-30 4 12.12%
31-40 0 0%
41-50 0 0%
51 and over 4 12.12%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree50Likes

Old 05-27-2022, 11:03 AM   #11 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoebootie View Post
yeah and I don't have to walk miles to get clean water for my family I guess I should be grateful or whatever.

I can still be annoyed at dumb shit while being grateful for the good things.
Same here.
The Girl likes this.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2022, 03:35 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apia resurrected View Post
From another continent the shootings and the reactions seem kind of bizarre.

1. A terrible shooting happens.
2. People send thoughts and prayers.
3. Sane people point our that there are too many, too easy available guns in America.
4. Insane people, unfortunately the other half say that in fact more guns are needed. A gun for every child and teacher. A gun for every dog. This would help for sure. They try to blame someone they don't like for the shooting like BLM, trans people or Greta T.
5. Nothing changes.
6. A new shooting happens.
Totally understand how you would see this as the cycle given the coverage. If the news and politicians had a world wide network aimed at outlawing electron transfer because so many people die every year from lightning strikes (which is FAR more common occurance) then you would be up in arms about removing all electrons from every atom and pissed when there was a reason for atoms to have electrons that outweighs the negative effect of lightening strike deaths, yes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vezione View Post
So, I did what Dustin says he does and let the trauma of the shooting into my brain but then it wouldn't go away. And I was thinking about how it's total bullshit for a Republican (because let's face it, it usually is) to say it just all comes down to mental health. Lucky for them (and sucks for everybody else) that their ideology also happens to be against increasing funding for access to services and treatments for mental illness. Instead, they give their thoughts and prayers and nothing gets done all the while the Boogeyman that is "mental illness" grows and grows. So, we're stuck in this strange loop where Republicans actually make both the shooter (by stigmatizing mental illness) and the mass shooting (by basically handing out free gun passes.) It's time they start getting called out.
Please explain how mass murdering children doesn't have a mental health issue involved? How can you even pretend that a mentally healthy, intact, sane person would murder children? Very interested how you square this. For the mental health funding perspective...why is it the governments role/responsibility to force "mental health" on the citizens? Do you think his friends, family, neighbors, etc. should take an active role in getting him help or are you proposing some kind of mass mental screening in schools or something? Free gun passes? interesting idea. Have you ever bought a gun in the United States? Are you aware of all the laws around mental health aptitude, background screening, etc. that happens to clear a gun sale? The USA already has substantial gun regulation but they just won't use the laws they already have. The answer is to use the laws rather than just keep making more laws. The law only matters to people who follow it.

Why did school shootings begin in the late 70s/early 80s? Answer isn't because guns didn't exist before then or because guns are better now etc. 1934 was gun regulation to make automatic weapons illegal. Why do other countries with armed populations not have these issues like Switzerland? Can it possibly be the gun or are there any other correlations we can see? Is there any correlation w/ suicide rates? Anything else happening during the heights of these crimes?

To put an even finer point here...why is USA so obsessed with gun crimes and coverage/fetishization of it? Feel the world thinks there aren't mass murders with knives or bombs etc. in other countries all the time since they aren't on the news. Believe it was the same day or possibly the following from the Buffalo shooting there was a radical muslim bombing that killed ~90 people, not a peep about stopping bombing.

If guns aren't available (which isn't what gun laws do, they just make firearms only available to criminals) do you think these suicidal kids will just pivot to bombs? Columbine was a bombing attack that they planned to shoot a few kids and kill themselves after...sure most on here have never heard this before. Bombs are FAR more effective to kill others, guns are the weapon of choice for suicides (including these types of public murder for media coverage suicides). Columbine estimates are in the thousands dead had the bombs been effective. How do we stop that? Make propane, clocks, sugar, calcium, fertilizer, etc. all illegal or try to reach the children and help them with their mental issues through something other than SSRIs amphetamines tranquilizers etc?

Last edited by nordcharonmir; 05-27-2022 at 04:00 PM.
Old 05-27-2022, 04:19 PM   #13 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

You edited that? Lord Jesus ...
The Girl, rodimusprime and Paige_H like this.
Old 05-27-2022, 04:23 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
Keith, have you ever tried to buy a gun? Was your jail time a felony?
Old 05-27-2022, 04:24 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
I'll break this way down into baby bites. Keith, is it more likely to die at school from a mass shooting or be struck by lightening?
Old 05-27-2022, 05:11 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nordcharonmir View Post
Please explain how mass murdering children doesn't have a mental health issue involved?
Why are you even asking? Did you Google it first? Are you planning on changing your opinions or just want to be provocative and contrarian? I really don't feel like putting energy in if it's the latter.
(Also, I didn't say it didn't play a role. You misrepresented what my post was about to ask that question.)

Last edited by vezione; 05-27-2022 at 05:13 PM.
Old 05-27-2022, 06:21 PM   #17 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

Guns

The only explanation I can get from why certain republicans won’t ban guns is that they are able to do the mental maths and are satisfied that the profit to be made from selling guns and bullets is worth more than innocent childrens lives because …… well…… capitalism ��

I trust that the majority of people in the USA are outraged by this I just wish I knew of a way to ban the sale of guns and an amnesty for the ones already in circulation.
Old 05-28-2022, 12:42 PM   #18 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Why are you even asking? Did you Google it first? Are you planning on changing your opinions or just want to be provocative and contrarian? I really don't feel like putting energy in if it's the latter.
(Also, I didn't say it didn't play a role. You misrepresented what my post was about to ask that question.)
Don’t engage seriously. They’re a sad angry troll who continues to post on a forum where literally everyone thinks they’re a joke. Cuckold is not the accurate term, but the energy is the same.
vezione and Paige_H like this.
Old 05-28-2022, 06:01 PM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
I'm totally interested in having my mind changed. I quoted your whole comment before, how did could that be unrepresentative? You called mental health a "boogeyman"...I didn't misrepresent you at all. If you had to put a representative percentage of cause for mass murder what percent would you attribute to the murderer and what percent to the tool used, in this case a gun? Like what percent responsible was John Wayne Gacy and how responsible were lengths of rope or bath tubs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoopyLou79 View Post
The only explanation I can get from why certain republicans won’t ban guns is that they are able to do the mental maths and are satisfied that the profit to be made from selling guns and bullets is worth more than innocent childrens lives because …… well…… capitalism ��

I trust that the majority of people in the USA are outraged by this I just wish I knew of a way to ban the sale of guns and an amnesty for the ones already in circulation.
Capitalism is the problem you say? How profitable are gun sales? When do gun companies make the most money? Do they make more after gun grabbing political sabre rattling? Are there more sales after shootings? Could the second amendment be about more than wanting to murder children? Are gun manufacturers under full court press, filling bankruptcys, having illegal rulings against them civilly?

Last edited by nordcharonmir; 05-28-2022 at 06:24 PM.
Old 05-29-2022, 06:46 AM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nordcharonmir View Post
I'll break this way down into baby bites. Keith, is it more likely to die at school from a mass shooting or be struck by lightening?
Which one of these two is preventable?