Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

Old 09-29-2006, 11:29 AM   #21 (permalink)
zwa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian
I disagree with some of you guys... this was a most enjoyable episode...
I hope you visit that candy store sometime soon. His retarded shit at ~40 minutes: "If you have 10 people who listen and one respond, no wait 10000 and 90% respond, but 0.9%... i forget what my number was". Chemda "WE DONT CARE" Michael "I know.... blah blah blah"

Last edited by zwa; 09-29-2006 at 11:40 AM.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 11:46 AM   #22 (permalink)

i guess a few stories of layoff means there a recession...

wikipedia definition of recession:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Recession

unemployment is down from this time last year
http://www.bls.gov/news.release/empsit.nr0.htm

the stock market is near its all time high

gas prices have been cut by 33%

heating gas will be much less this winter due to over supply

the GDP has made greater % change in the last 2 years than any year in the 90's
http://bea.gov/bea/dn/gdpchg.xls

i'm still not following you...
Old 09-29-2006, 11:55 AM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky_root
i guess a few stories of layoff means there a recession...
wikipedia definition of recession:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Recession
unemployment is down from this time last year
http://www.bls.gov/news.release/empsit.nr0.htm
the stock market is near its all time high
gas prices have been cut by 33%
heating gas will be much less this winter due to over supply
the GDP has made greater % change in the last 2 years than any year in the 90's
http://bea.gov/bea/dn/gdpchg.xls
i'm still not following you...
Did I piss you off by saying Democrats and Republican? Get over it. I am not here to debate the GDP. I am saying he made money during a boom, and is not working NOW, when other companies are struggling.

Gas is 33% cheaper than WHAT? the all time high of 3.25 a gallon? WooHoo. they are still higher than 6 years ago.

Heating Gas is cheaper than Last Year? I doubt that will hold out.

All your stats are from the last 2 years when the last 6 have been for SHIT. It is easy to say I lost 40 pounds this qtr. without mentioning you gained 200 pounds 3 years before.

Follow, or do you have blinders on?
Old 09-29-2006, 12:08 PM   #24 (permalink)

Everyone relax

There will be no reduction of the chocolate ration.
Old 09-29-2006, 12:15 PM   #25 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelG
Did I piss you off by saying Democrats and Republican? Get over it. I am not here to debate the GDP.
Neither are the rest of us (okay, the majority?). Save the political talk for another forum. At least another thread.
Old 09-29-2006, 12:28 PM   #26 (permalink)

it's ok , breathe :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelG
Did I piss you off by saying Democrats and Republican? Get over it. I am not here to debate the GDP. I am saying he made money during a boom, and is not working NOW, when other companies are struggling.

Gas is 33% cheaper than WHAT? the all time high of 3.25 a gallon? WooHoo. they are still higher than 6 years ago.

Heating Gas is cheaper than Last Year? I doubt that will hold out.

All your stats are from the last 2 years when the last 6 have been for SHIT. It is easy to say I lost 40 pounds this qtr. without mentioning you gained 200 pounds 3 years before.

Follow, or do you have blinders on?
i wasn't pissed off - just responding to your politically motivated comment which i though i might debate you on - but you seem a bit agitated now - not sure why...i'm ok with it - you don't have to debate me - but i will, in this case, put up some figures and add debate to you comments ... don't be afraid, it's ok

"Gas is 33% cheaper than WHAT? the all time high of 3.25 a gallon? WooHoo. they are still higher than 6 years ago."

ok - you're right, and i think what the gas companies did was horrendous as well.. but my point is that when oil reaches $70 a barrel and the economy as a whole doesn't flinch - that's a pretty robust economy - remember the 70's?

"Heating Gas is cheaper than Last Year? I doubt that will hold out."

tell ya what - we'll watch it together this winter and i'll get back with you in the spring - i'm just using simple supply and demand economics to predict what might happen - like i said - wishful thinking (and my pocket book hopes i'm right)

"All your stats are from the last 2 years when the last 6 have been for SHIT. It is easy to say I lost 40 pounds this qtr. without mentioning you gained 200 pounds 3 years before."

you're incorrect - the gdp figures go back to the 30's .... by SHIT, what do you mean? if you mean we had a recession when 3000 people died due to terror on our own soil and the end of the .com boom where everything related to the boom was inflated to a dagerous degree - yes the early 2000's there was a mild recession ... i would expect a recession on the heels of such turbulant happenings... i don't blame liberals for the .com bust nor do i blame conservatives for 9-11

so NO, I don't follow ... nice blinders comment
Old 09-29-2006, 12:29 PM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juline
Neither are the rest of us (okay, the majority?). Save the political talk for another forum. At least another thread.

waaaa!
Old 09-29-2006, 04:23 PM   #28 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by Sparky_root
but you seem a bit agitated now - not sure why...i'm ok with it - you don't have to debate me - but i will, in this case, put up some figures and add debate to you comments ... don't be afraid, it's ok
he's probably a bit agitated because he just listened to the drunken, repetitive ass-ramblings of michael.

debating GDP is way more interesting than episode 355. i usually like michael but now, not so much.

Last edited by jadababy; 09-29-2006 at 04:54 PM.
Old 09-29-2006, 04:26 PM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadababy
he's probably a bit agitated because he just listened to the drunken, repetitive ass-ramblings from michael.

debating GDP is way more interesting than episode 355. i usually like michael but now, not so much.
On the nose////
Old 09-29-2006, 04:50 PM   #30 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky_root
i wasn't pissed off - just responding to your politically motivated comment which i though i might debate you on - but you seem a bit agitated now - not sure why...i'm ok with it - you don't have to debate me - but i will, in this case, put up some figures and add debate to you comments ... don't be afraid, it's ok

"Gas is 33% cheaper than WHAT? the all time high of 3.25 a gallon? WooHoo. they are still higher than 6 years ago."

ok - you're right, and i think what the gas companies did was horrendous as well.. but my point is that when oil reaches $70 a barrel and the economy as a whole doesn't flinch - that's a pretty robust economy - remember the 70's?

"Heating Gas is cheaper than Last Year? I doubt that will hold out."

tell ya what - we'll watch it together this winter and i'll get back with you in the spring - i'm just using simple supply and demand economics to predict what might happen - like i said - wishful thinking (and my pocket book hopes i'm right)

"All your stats are from the last 2 years when the last 6 have been for SHIT. It is easy to say I lost 40 pounds this qtr. without mentioning you gained 200 pounds 3 years before."

you're incorrect - the gdp figures go back to the 30's .... by SHIT, what do you mean? if you mean we had a recession when 3000 people died due to terror on our own soil and the end of the .com boom where everything related to the boom was inflated to a dagerous degree - yes the early 2000's there was a mild recession ... i would expect a recession on the heels of such turbulant happenings... i don't blame liberals for the .com bust nor do i blame conservatives for 9-11

so NO, I don't follow ... nice blinders comment
Guys.........calm down........calm down..........easy........