Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Air fryer
I have one, and I love it 19 57.58%
I have one, but I don’t use it 2 6.06%
I don’t have one 10 30.30%
I had one, but I never liked it or used it 2 6.06%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree24Likes

Old 07-27-2022, 03:44 PM   #1 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

3565: It’s 5 O’Clock Somewhere w/ Ben Rosenfeld

New guest Ben Rosenfeld joins the party, and the trio discusses the latest with Chemda’s COVID attack, Keith’s air fryer(!!!), and child rearing. Ben describes his prosopagnosia, and the gang talks about the practicality of noting sex sessions in your family calendar.

Guest:
Ben Rosenfeld

Share this episode: Twitter, Facebook & email

Get the show: on iTunes, on Stitcher and RSS feed
The Girl likes this.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2022, 04:41 PM   #2 (permalink)
2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

Air Fryers are the best! It's like a microwave but better. Most leftovers reheat great in them. Pretty much anything in the frozen foods section of Traders Joe's works out.

Reheating pizza is life changing. Maybe not as much to a NYC resident who can get a new fresh slice anywhere, but a great option if you have a slice laying around.

Chicken nuggets are a solid option. Both frozen from the store and just hours old from a fast foot place.

French fries of course are great. We've tried frozen onion rings and they have been okay, but not as good as from a restaurant.

Egg rolls, lumpia, taquitos, other stuff that would normally be deep fried are all good choices to try out.

Keith, just to cover the bases... if you have any of the following items in your house but you aren't using them, give them a try...
Microwave oven
Dishwasher
Wireless headphones
TV
Soap
Socks
Shoes
Lamp
Old 07-27-2022, 05:55 PM   #3 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Holy shit that first book cover absolutely looks like you are about to wail on that baby. Like give it a hard reset kind of beating. I downloaded on Kindle Unlimited lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Keith likes this.
Old 07-27-2022, 06:34 PM   #4 (permalink)

Air fryers seem to be a rebranding of a toaster oven with a convection feature. Help me understand. That said, I LOVE my toaster over with convection and rarely need to use my real oven!
rodimusprime likes this.
Old 07-28-2022, 03:40 AM   #5 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Chemda, I wish you a fast recovery.
Old 07-28-2022, 04:54 AM   #6 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myss Terree View Post
Air fryers seem to be a rebranding of a toaster oven with a convection feature. Help me understand. That said, I LOVE my toaster over with convection and rarely need to use my real oven!
I’ve had toaster ovens. God damn this is better.
shoebootie likes this.
Old 07-28-2022, 05:20 AM   #7 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

Love that Keith is part of air fryer gang now! And we definitely said it was easy. But as with all things Keith loves I knew somehow his friends were going to get insulted. I love you Keith. Now I gotta go back and isolate clips of us talking about the air fryer and explicitly saying it was easy to use and telling Keith how happy he was he got an air fryer and how easy it would be to use.

THANKS FOR GIVING ME MORE WORK KEITH!
Keith, Scorpion, littlp and 1 others like this.
Old 07-28-2022, 07:18 AM   #8 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodimusprime View Post
Love that Keith is part of air fryer gang now! And we definitely said it was easy. But as with all things Keith loves I knew somehow his friends were going to get insulted. I love you Keith. Now I gotta go back and isolate clips of us talking about the air fryer and explicitly saying it was easy to use and telling Keith how happy he was he got an air fryer and how easy it would be to use.

THANKS FOR GIVING ME MORE WORK KEITH!
AIRFRYER GANG GANG
Old 07-28-2022, 09:59 AM   #9 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoebootie View Post
AIRFRYER GANG GANG
But be careful you have to plug it in and turn it on for it to work. For any other Keith’s out there.
Keith, starscream and Scorpion like this.
Old 07-28-2022, 06:06 PM   #10 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

I don't have one, but I love it, if I can make my own answer to the poll. I was watching a dog in Austin the last month in a house that has an air fryer and it's apparently 100 degrees here every day of the year and this thing will save humanity. It doesn't heat up your house, it saves so much power, and it's wonderful and now I'm on to a different house that doesn't have one and I might have to kill myself.
Keith likes this.