Keith and The Girl Forums

Keith and The Girl Forums (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/)
-   Show Talk (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f5/)
-   -   3570: It Doesn’t Matter (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f5/3570-doesn-t-matter-22503/)

XenoTitty 08-10-2022 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gpanutsac (Post 894380)
So they found the needle in the haystack of a Galician Jew to match Castro's racial background that acts and people know his name and the reaction was "but he's not mexican enough." Weird

Probably “not Cuban enough” if I had to guess. I think there’s something to be said for wanting someone with a Cuban background (regardless of ethnic background) being involved in the role. Casting should probably balance being true to the look of the character to some extent, but wouldn’t an actual culturally Cuban person better represent and execute the role?

ALL of this conversation is moot though because the guy they chose is an accused sex offender. THAT’S weird

shoebootie 08-12-2022 11:08 AM

Elin having a good co-parenting relationship with her ex is commendable. Especially when you consider that her current boyfriend does not have a good relationship with his child's mother, maybe he is projecting ... is he jealous? Does he wish he could have a healthier relationship of co-parenting with his ex? Is he projecting the fact he's not necessarily trustworthy, ie he couldn't be trusted with his own ex that much?

I think doing outings and dinners during this transition is great. This kid has been through a still-ongoing pandemic that upended their lives during a vital development period, now the parents are splitting. A little cushion, kindness, and gentleness during this time only works for the child's benefit.

The new boyfriend can fuck off, he's too new here to be making requests. Boy bye.

Valkyrie 08-12-2022 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shoebootie (Post 894398)
Elin having a good co-parenting relationship with her ex is commendable. Especially when you consider that her current boyfriend does not have a good relationship with his child's mother, maybe he is projecting ... is he jealous? Does he wish he could have a healthier relationship of co-parenting with his ex? Is he projecting the fact he's not necessarily trustworthy, ie he couldn't be trusted with his own ex that much?

I think doing outings and dinners during this transition is great. This kid has been through a still-ongoing pandemic that upended their lives during a vital development period, now the parents are splitting. A little cushion, kindness, and gentleness during this time only works for the child's benefit.

The new boyfriend can fuck off, he's too new here to be making requests. Boy bye.

Elin here,
Thanks, I also think that putting my daughter first is the only right thing to do here. Another reason we spend time together is also because I have her almost all the time due to the fathers work schedule. Since she only stays with him every other weekend I think it's important for both of them to see each other. Plus we live 10min away.
New bf thinks this is a bad excuse as I should just leave her there for a few hours without actually joining in, but for the time being she is hyper sensitive about the whole 'one parent leaving' part and will have a complete breakdown until I return. I want to give her time to adjust to the new situation AND make sure she gets time with her dad.

And spot on regarding him projecting about his own behaviour around his ex. Even though it's been 10 years since their divorce, he says that he still notices small sparks when he has to be around her that reminds him of why they got together in the first place, hence why he doesn't believe that there is nothing there when I spend time with mine.

BF is a sensitive musician and is going through his own shit due to depression so I'm trying to be understanding and give some slack but this whole thing about making demands about the way I handle my broken family stuff might be the nail in the coffin..

Keith 08-12-2022 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valkyrie (Post 894405)
And spot on regarding him projecting about his own behaviour around his ex. Even though it's been 10 years since their divorce, he says that he still notices small sparks when he has to be around her that reminds him of why they got together in the first place, hence why he doesn't believe that there is nothing there when I spend time with mine.

Fuckin' guy ...

shoebootie 08-12-2022 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valkyrie (Post 894405)
BF is a sensitive musician and is going through his own shit due to depression so I'm trying to be understanding and give some slack but this whole thing about making demands about the way I handle my broken family stuff might be the nail in the coffin..

Yeah that’s more work than you need. You can be empathetic but Jfc whose breakup is fresh and you are expected to coddle his sensitive musician ass? Nah.

Keith 08-12-2022 06:38 PM

I need to hear his music first.

Valkyrie 08-12-2022 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keith (Post 894416)
I need to hear his music first.

You'd most likely enjoy his music, Keith :p

So let me add on to the list by mentioning that he's anti-vax AND gave me herpes :eek:
I think the answer here is that I am the asshole - to myself

Keith 08-12-2022 07:47 PM

What COULD his therapist be hearing … Buh-bye!