Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Will Danny Vega ever have children of his own?
Yes 4 16.67%
No 20 83.33%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree34Likes

Old 08-19-2022, 02:59 PM   #11 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

The energy on these shows is always kind of like a roast. A roast that Danny is never sure is going to happen. But it does. It does. LOL!

Also, I saw the NFL and the NFL Player's Association settled on 11 games for Watson. So almost 4 months.

So like a game for every 3 women.

#Justice
Keith, The Girl, sievo and 1 others like this.
(Online)   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2022, 12:34 AM   #12 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluenova View Post
Danny is like those new parents who think they will never feed their kids junk food or their house will never become a mess with kid's toys. Part of why I find it so unbelievable that he thinks parents need to put their kids first well into adult hood is that he READS AITA!! There are NUMEROUS stories of shitty adult children screwing over and taking advantage of their parents. Also, so many stories about parents who created incompetent adults or fuck up their adult kid's relationships because they are treating their adult offspring like children. For someone who is in that reddit frequently, he's painting a very black and white mentality when in reality there are a lot of variables.

My problem with the parents having to pay their daughters rent is that is NOT equal to letting their kids live with them. The financial cost of paying for someone to live separately from you than with you is much higher. The kid is also now getting MORE in other ways because they don't have roommates, can have people over whenever, do what they want, and not have the pain of being an adult living with your parents.

The parents definitely should acknowledge it sucks that the youngest doesn't get that convenience, but unless it was specifically promised then that's the unfortunate reality of life. I was in college before multiple computers and cellphones were a thing. My siblings got them in middle school. Am I going to demand my parents buy me things as an adult because of equality or because they need to take care of me for life? No, but if they try to claim they raised us equally I'm gonna shut that shit down.
Very good point.
If you live in the house anyway, letting an adult child live there raises the costs of energy and water but that's it. Paying rent somewhere else means way higher costs.

So if they really want it to be equal ( an unrealistic goal anyway) they should just give her the money for energy and water.

You can't treat all your kids equaly and thats normal. My son who is 3 years younger then our daughter wears lots of clothes that originally belonged to her. So I spend less on him here. Should I calculate the difference and put the money in his name somewhere? Forget it. This is not happening.
The Girl, bluenova and Khylee like this.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2022, 09:05 PM   #13 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

We never covered here which one of us are most likely to kill ourselves
Old 08-21-2022, 12:56 AM   #14 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
We never covered here which one of us are most likely to kill ourselves
I dont want to see anyone of you killing themselves.
But I'm pretty sure you Keith are more in peace with yourself. You have a way more realistic view on life.
Keith and Khylee like this.
Old 08-21-2022, 09:56 AM   #15 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Sounds like you just wished Danny’s death, but I hear ya
XenoTitty and Khylee like this.
Old 08-21-2022, 12:13 PM   #16 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

I've been thinking about this one, Danny's attitude that the parents need to support their kids indefinitely is definitely wrong. Maybe a helping hand here and there if they can but to expect it? Sounds entitled to me.

But Chemdas and Keiths thought that once you're 18 you need to GTGO, I'm not so sure I agree. If they have the means to get out then great, but that's not the case in every situation. In Latin households the adult children tend to stick around much longer. We contribute to the home by paying rent and helping out with the bills. Our parents tend to want us there while we get a foothold in and a grasp at life.

I don't feel like that's anything bad tbh. Especially now that rent prices and cost of living has soared to new heights everywhere while minimum wage stays the same. That barrier to exit has gotten so much worse.
XenoTitty likes this.
Old 08-21-2022, 12:16 PM   #17 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

THE WOMAN JUST DEMANDS A MASTERS! MAY SHE HAVE IT PLEASE! SHE’S WILLING TO FIND HER OWN PLACE, YOU JUST NEED TO KEEP PAYING FOR IT!
Old 08-21-2022, 12:20 PM   #18 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

It's ultimately the parent's decision since it's their life and their money. They understand the obligation they have to they youngest and made a plan to continue to help. It was a fair deal, the daughter is being selfish, she's getting a good deal for everyone, but she doesn't want to do her part. Not the parent's fault.
The Girl likes this.
Old 08-21-2022, 12:30 PM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
Sounds like you just wished Danny’s death, but I hear ya
As a now German person I can’t wish death on anyone, we promised. #neveragain
littlp and Svage like this.
Old 08-24-2022, 01:31 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apia resurrected View Post
As a now German person I can’t wish death on anyone, we promised. #neveragain
As an American, it seems like it's become our national pastime to wish death on everyone but a clump of cells, so...go Danny, I guess!
Apia resurrected likes this.