Keith and The Girl Forums

Keith and The Girl Forums (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/)
-   Show Talk (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f5/)
-   -   3576: Shit-Fuck w/ Benny Feldman (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f5/3576-shit-fuck-w-benny-feldman-22515/)

Keith 08-24-2022 06:52 PM

3576: Shit-Fuck w/ Benny Feldman

New guest Benny Feldman joins Keith and Chemda to discuss performing stand-up with cursing Tourette syndrome, and Chemda shares her Atlantic City/7-Eleven Adventures of Death.

Guest:
Benny Feldman
http://static-4.keithandthegirl.net/...an-100x100.png

Share this episode: Twitter, Facebook & email

Get the show: on iTunes, on Stitcher and RSS feed

bonscott1 08-24-2022 10:07 PM

It's cool to hear another person with Tourette's on the show. Listening to What's My Name episode 72 is actually when I realized the tics I've had since middle school were a mild case of Tourette's. Thankfully I don't have the cursing or anything extreme, just some facial tics and a bunch of throat clearing and sniffling. Thank you Chemda for making the podcast episode that taught me I had a neurological disorder.

Apia resurrected 08-26-2022 02:08 AM

A good new guest!
I had to listen in parts because I have also thought loops they come from OCD thoughts and I knew I would start to wonder if I also had what he has.
Oh I just noticed I'm in thought loop.

AstoriaGirl 08-26-2022 06:16 AM

Hated this guest. He wasn't funny, an on top of his tourettes he sounds like a huge asshole with no regard for how his actions impact others. It sounds like he could get treatment, he just likes randomly screaming curse words (sometimes including the m word?" At people and making them uncomfortable.

Newsy 08-26-2022 07:21 AM

I loved this episode! Super fun guest! His stand up is charming! And I love his barking laugh! "Ha!"

I worked with a guy with TS and most of the time he was quiet and had mumbly-type ticks. A girl that went to HS with him said he got sent to the office one time for being stuck in a loop saying "Faggot faggot faggot!" and he was the nicest person I've ever met.

It's weird to suggest someone isn't doing enough work to control something like that..[emoji2955]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apia resurrected 08-26-2022 07:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AstoriaGirl (Post 894561)
Hated this guest. He wasn't funny, an on top of his tourettes he sounds like a huge asshole with no regard for how his actions impact others. It sounds like he could get treatment, he just likes randomly screaming curse words (sometimes including the m word?" At people and making them uncomfortable.

Interesting I didn't read him this way but let's see on LW.

Apia resurrected 08-26-2022 07:36 AM

I thought how it is to go on a date with someone with tourettes.
Should you know beforehand? Or is it something that should be seen as a flavor of human expression? Like when someone speaks loudly?
Maybe it depends on the the intensity? I don't know.

Svage 08-29-2022 12:55 PM

Quote:

I don't think we listened to the same episode

bw81 08-30-2022 11:19 PM

I loved this guest and how open he was to answering your questions about living tourrettes - lots of things you'd want to know but are afraid to ask. It must be super hard having uncontrollable outbursts like that but to be able to take that hardship and blend it in with something he loves is fascinating.

Aus 09-02-2022 07:05 AM

Quote:

This is insane stuff.