Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Your interactions with medical professionals in a hospital
Mostly good 12 66.67%
Mostly bad 5 27.78%
Haven't had any 1 5.56%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree41Likes

Old 09-21-2022, 11:50 AM   #11 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Hope Xerxes is doing better....

I got misdiagnosed three times in the ER for something as common as a gallbladder attack. It was the worst pain of my life, and definitely relate to the "hospital yet???" convo. As I was crying from pain, and my partner was like "hey uh maybe the ER?" I was like "nah... tis a scratch" but then as it did not subside at all I was like holy shit am I dying? because i might be dying?

That god-awful pain, it wrapped all around my rib/shoulder area - I wouldn't have guessed gallbladder, honestly - I associated that with lots of puking and whatnot.

The hospital staff, though treated me well, definitely didn't diagnose me properly until I turned up the third time completely jaundiced...
Keith and The Girl like this.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2022, 04:09 PM   #12 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoebootie View Post
The hospital staff, though treated me well, definitely didn't diagnose me properly until I turned up the third time completely jaundiced...
And this person voted Mostly good experiences with medical professionals. That's how bad it is!
Old 09-24-2022, 04:59 PM   #13 (permalink)

I am lucky to not have needed to go to the hospital often. They have fucked up in some way the majority of the times I have had to go. When I was in the 5th grade a guy hit my side of the car, and I needed stitches in my face from the glass. Was in the hospital for a hours for this and NO one noticed I could not use my right arm. They cleared me to go and I then had to point it out them. In highschool I cut my hand cleaning a tall glass and even though I had my own insurance from my job, they wouldn't do anything without contacting my parents. After a few hours we finally got ahold of them and I was finally stitched up, I ended up getting an infection and it needed to be re-cut open to remove the infection because they never prescribed me anti-biotics. Dentist too. I also only had 3 wisdom teeth, but they fucked up the x-ray somehow and they cut in the wrong area.

I'm currently pissed off at my current doctor because something is wrong with my side. They found nothing and she said we'll just wait until it hurts and then do exploratory surgery? Something is WRONG NOW, why are we waiting until it gets BAD? In good news, I found a physical therapist that has been helping release and re-align the muscles. Turns out that my ab muscles were stuck from an injury and when one set of muscles can't function right, it affects a whole bunch of other muscles. One of my back muscles was being pulled from my spin and was wavy instead of straight. Imagine the extent of the damage that could happen with the plan to just wait until shit hurts to consider another solution.

Our hospital set up is shitty and you really have to look out for yourself while depending on these people to know enough to help you. It's so frustrating.
The Girl likes this.
Old 09-29-2022, 05:48 PM   #14 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

I’ve had two bad experiences from the same event. I had a strep infection kill the nerve behind my knee. While it was killing it though it was excruciating. Worst pain I’ve ever been in. I was treated like a drug seaker and sent to get an ultrasound on it with no pain meds. I was literally shaking due to the pain-she made them give me meds. Second time I went to a different ED who finally believed me and admitted me. They almost killed me in the hospital hooking me up to dextrose because someone told them I wasn’t eating. When I in fact was. I’m a type 1 diabetic. I had developed cellulitis which is a bacterial infection. They had no idea how to manage my diabetes because I was on an insulin pump and instead of trying to learn-they made me call my diabetes doctor, took my own blood sugars etc. at the point the pain was so bad I couldn’t sleep. I was on day 7 of almost no sleep and on morphine-trying to manage my blood sugars and just happened to look at the bags. Stupid me for trusting that I needed everything they gave me. Explained the 500-700 blood sugars I was having. This happened in Indianapolis. Most everyone was polite and acted like they gave a fuck. Incompetence damn near killed me though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-30-2022, 10:00 AM   #15 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

I had something that sounds exactly like what Xerxes had. I spent all day thinking I should be able to take care of it myself, couldn't find anywhere to be that it didn't hurt more than anything else ever had and eventually went to the hospital where the doctor didn't get within five feet of me and barely stopped as he went by saying, "there's really not much we can do for you." I guess they didn't suspect me of being there for drugs though, they just gave them to me. I didn't even need them though because there was an IV one they gave me that fixed everything immediately and while there have been a few times since (this was like ten years ago) that I thought it was about to come back, it never actually has.
The Girl likes this.
Old 09-30-2022, 01:53 PM   #16 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Another satisfied customer
The Girl and XenoTitty like this.
Old 09-30-2022, 02:12 PM   #17 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by starscream View Post
I he went by saying, "there's really not much we can do for you." /as an IV one they gave me that fixed everything immediately and while there have been a few times since (this was like ten years ago) that I thought it was about to come back, it never actually has.
This doctor should believe more in himself.
He thought there wasn't much to do and fixed everything immediately?

Pretty unexpected turn of events.
Old 09-30-2022, 02:43 PM   #18 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apia resurrected View Post
This doctor should believe more in himself.
He thought there wasn't much to do and fixed everything immediately?

Pretty unexpected turn of events.
Yeah. I was annoyed when he said that, but I guess he was right. Still, could have like, stood still in front of me for a few seconds.
The Girl likes this.
Old 09-30-2022, 03:20 PM   #19 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by starscream View Post
Yeah. I was annoyed when he said that, but I guess he was right. Still, could have like, stood still in front of me for a few seconds.
But wasn’t he wrong? They helped you and it never returned? That’s impressive.
Old 09-30-2022, 08:52 PM   #20 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apia resurrected View Post
But wasn’t he wrong? They helped you and it never returned? That’s impressive.
The bar is so low for these doctors lol