Keith and The Girl Forums

Keith and The Girl Forums (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/)
-   Show Talk (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f5/)
-   -   3582: Not Alright, Not Alright, Not Alright (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f5/3582-not-alright-not-alright-not-alright-22526/)

Keith 09-19-2022 03:57 PM

3582: Not Alright, Not Alright, Not Alright

KATIE HOLMES WAS SPOTTED ON THE NYC SUBWAY MAYBE! Keith and Chemda discuss Chemda’s latest hospital visit, and listener Elin reaches the end of her boyfriend drama. The duo discusses a Jack in the Box curly fries shooting, Matthew McConaughy’s Dallas Sting movie being scrapped over allegations regarding the original true story, and Jeff Garlin’s character on The Goldberg’s being killed off for season 10 over multiple on-set misconduct allegations.

Share this episode: Twitter, Facebook & email

Get the show: on iTunes, on Stitcher and RSS feed

Valkyrie 09-20-2022 12:13 AM

Elin here,
Just to quickly answer Chemda's question about how blatant the facebook flirting was: basically one of his exes commented "Do you remember how you bit my tigh on the bus back from our first date lol". He was like, no, i don't remember and something about prefering to bite butts and back and forth with lols and winkfaces. Ending with "the rest we can't post here". Didn't really get jealous. Just got mad about the stupidity and double standard. Good riddance.

Do better people - yup, talking to myself too

Keith 09-20-2022 12:47 AM

Good for you; good for everybody. Thank you.

Bucho 09-20-2022 02:42 AM

For a guy whose brand is laid back, McConaughy usually comes across to me these days as trying too hard, so instead of just watching a character doing their thing it always feels like I'm watching Mathew McConaughy DOING ACTING.

Still dug him in True Detective when I finally watched it a couple of months ago though to be fair. (Because I am always fair.)

DeathInGrasp 09-20-2022 10:50 AM

I was in the hospital for over a week following an invasive hip surgery called periacetabular osteotomy wherein they cut my pelvis into 3 pieces and rotated my hip socket and then put it together with long ass screws. I am lucky to say I had good experiences both with the nurses and physicians. My surgeon even came in on Easter Sunday late night to check on me 4 days post op even though he had traveled out of state that day to see his family - even though his physician assistant had already seen me. He really cared about me and my outcome.

Years later I got a boob job and my surgeon for that was awesome too. He gave me his personal cell phone number so I could text him with any questions or worries as I recovered and he even gave me free laser scar lightening treatments. He was so kind to me.

I’m a nurse practitioner and I’ve seen the good the bad and the ugly but I’m so fortunate my own hospitalizations have gone well so far.

MongoMike 09-20-2022 11:15 AM

Chemda,
What you experienced at the hospital is absolute BS! Hospital management at this location has failed you, however, I think they tagged you as drug seeking. Seems steps of care align with drug seeking intervention rather than properly treating and the jumping to morphine to "shut you up" and give you no info also smacks of drug seeking in your file to just give you what you need to get you "well". This is on Hospital Management Policies also.

Just so you know what the standard of care for triage of muscle spasm is oral muscle relaxer with a "wait and see" time to see if that works. If symptoms continue an intramuscular muscle relaxer is the next step (this WILL work). Pain management is a secondary decision and this sounds to me as malpractice to treat with pain management only. Morphine is counter-indicated for what was described in this episode. If this was given after an NSAID and an Opiod (wasn't said exactly but sounded like it) they absolutely could have killed Xerxes, this is WAY worse than anything else described about this horrible experience and you have grounds for legal action if this is true.

To actually address the issue and not just play pain management game (incorrectly) I highly recommend Xerxes get imaging of his cervical spine ASAP. Strength loss? Numbness? The recurrence sounds more like spinal than anything like an electrolyte issue or anything.

FYI- the annoying verbal name and DOB on every interaction is required now in NY.

XenoTitty 09-20-2022 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MongoMike (Post 894725)
I highly recommend…

I’d sooner take medical advice from someone outside of a 7-11.

Apia resurrected 09-20-2022 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XenoTitty (Post 894733)
I’d sooner take medical advice from someone outside of a 7-11.

Emergency! CALL 7-1-1!

711 seems similar to 911 so maybe it's worth a try.

rodimusprime 09-20-2022 09:31 PM

Get well soon Xerxes!

Apia resurrected 09-20-2022 11:36 PM

Matthew McConaughey is also not for me. He thinks he is super cool but no.
I dont hate him but also im not buying what he is selling.