Keith and The Girl Forums

Keith and The Girl Forums (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/)
-   Show Talk (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f5/)
-   -   3582: Not Alright, Not Alright, Not Alright (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f5/3582-not-alright-not-alright-not-alright-22526/)

Keith 09-19-2022 03:57 PM

3582: Not Alright, Not Alright, Not Alright

KATIE HOLMES WAS SPOTTED ON THE NYC SUBWAY MAYBE! Keith and Chemda discuss Chemda’s latest hospital visit, and listener Elin reaches the end of her boyfriend drama. The duo discusses a Jack in the Box curly fries shooting, Matthew McConaughy’s Dallas Sting movie being scrapped over allegations regarding the original true story, and Jeff Garlin’s character on The Goldberg’s being killed off for season 10 over multiple on-set misconduct allegations.

Share this episode: Twitter, Facebook & email

Get the show: on iTunes, on Stitcher and RSS feed

Valkyrie 09-20-2022 12:13 AM

Elin here,
Just to quickly answer Chemda's question about how blatant the facebook flirting was: basically one of his exes commented "Do you remember how you bit my tigh on the bus back from our first date lol". He was like, no, i don't remember and something about prefering to bite butts and back and forth with lols and winkfaces. Ending with "the rest we can't post here". Didn't really get jealous. Just got mad about the stupidity and double standard. Good riddance.

Do better people - yup, talking to myself too

Keith 09-20-2022 12:47 AM

Good for you; good for everybody. Thank you.

Bucho 09-20-2022 02:42 AM

For a guy whose brand is laid back, McConaughy usually comes across to me these days as trying too hard, so instead of just watching a character doing their thing it always feels like I'm watching Mathew McConaughy DOING ACTING.

Still dug him in True Detective when I finally watched it a couple of months ago though to be fair. (Because I am always fair.)

DeathInGrasp 09-20-2022 10:50 AM

I was in the hospital for over a week following an invasive hip surgery called periacetabular osteotomy wherein they cut my pelvis into 3 pieces and rotated my hip socket and then put it together with long ass screws. I am lucky to say I had good experiences both with the nurses and physicians. My surgeon even came in on Easter Sunday late night to check on me 4 days post op even though he had traveled out of state that day to see his family - even though his physician assistant had already seen me. He really cared about me and my outcome.

Years later I got a boob job and my surgeon for that was awesome too. He gave me his personal cell phone number so I could text him with any questions or worries as I recovered and he even gave me free laser scar lightening treatments. He was so kind to me.

I’m a nurse practitioner and I’ve seen the good the bad and the ugly but I’m so fortunate my own hospitalizations have gone well so far.

MongoMike 09-20-2022 11:15 AM

Chemda,
What you experienced at the hospital is absolute BS! Hospital management at this location has failed you, however, I think they tagged you as drug seeking. Seems steps of care align with drug seeking intervention rather than properly treating and the jumping to morphine to "shut you up" and give you no info also smacks of drug seeking in your file to just give you what you need to get you "well". This is on Hospital Management Policies also.

Just so you know what the standard of care for triage of muscle spasm is oral muscle relaxer with a "wait and see" time to see if that works. If symptoms continue an intramuscular muscle relaxer is the next step (this WILL work). Pain management is a secondary decision and this sounds to me as malpractice to treat with pain management only. Morphine is counter-indicated for what was described in this episode. If this was given after an NSAID and an Opiod (wasn't said exactly but sounded like it) they absolutely could have killed Xerxes, this is WAY worse than anything else described about this horrible experience and you have grounds for legal action if this is true.

To actually address the issue and not just play pain management game (incorrectly) I highly recommend Xerxes get imaging of his cervical spine ASAP. Strength loss? Numbness? The recurrence sounds more like spinal than anything like an electrolyte issue or anything.

FYI- the annoying verbal name and DOB on every interaction is required now in NY.

XenoTitty 09-20-2022 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MongoMike (Post 894725)
I highly recommend…

I’d sooner take medical advice from someone outside of a 7-11.

Apia resurrected 09-20-2022 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XenoTitty (Post 894733)
I’d sooner take medical advice from someone outside of a 7-11.

Emergency! CALL 7-1-1!

711 seems similar to 911 so maybe it's worth a try.

rodimusprime 09-20-2022 09:31 PM

Get well soon Xerxes!

Apia resurrected 09-20-2022 11:36 PM

Matthew McConaughey is also not for me. He thinks he is super cool but no.
I dont hate him but also im not buying what he is selling.

shoebootie 09-21-2022 11:50 AM

Hope Xerxes is doing better....

I got misdiagnosed three times in the ER for something as common as a gallbladder attack. It was the worst pain of my life, and definitely relate to the "hospital yet???" convo. As I was crying from pain, and my partner was like "hey uh maybe the ER?" I was like "nah... tis a scratch" but then as it did not subside at all I was like holy shit am I dying? because i might be dying?

That god-awful pain, it wrapped all around my rib/shoulder area - I wouldn't have guessed gallbladder, honestly - I associated that with lots of puking and whatnot.

The hospital staff, though treated me well, definitely didn't diagnose me properly until I turned up the third time completely jaundiced...

Keith 09-21-2022 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shoebootie (Post 894741)
The hospital staff, though treated me well, definitely didn't diagnose me properly until I turned up the third time completely jaundiced...

And this person voted Mostly good experiences with medical professionals. That's how bad it is!

bluenova 09-24-2022 04:59 PM

I am lucky to not have needed to go to the hospital often. They have fucked up in some way the majority of the times I have had to go. When I was in the 5th grade a guy hit my side of the car, and I needed stitches in my face from the glass. Was in the hospital for a hours for this and NO one noticed I could not use my right arm. They cleared me to go and I then had to point it out them. In highschool I cut my hand cleaning a tall glass and even though I had my own insurance from my job, they wouldn't do anything without contacting my parents. After a few hours we finally got ahold of them and I was finally stitched up, I ended up getting an infection and it needed to be re-cut open to remove the infection because they never prescribed me anti-biotics. Dentist too. I also only had 3 wisdom teeth, but they fucked up the x-ray somehow and they cut in the wrong area.

I'm currently pissed off at my current doctor because something is wrong with my side. They found nothing and she said we'll just wait until it hurts and then do exploratory surgery? Something is WRONG NOW, why are we waiting until it gets BAD? In good news, I found a physical therapist that has been helping release and re-align the muscles. Turns out that my ab muscles were stuck from an injury and when one set of muscles can't function right, it affects a whole bunch of other muscles. One of my back muscles was being pulled from my spin and was wavy instead of straight. Imagine the extent of the damage that could happen with the plan to just wait until shit hurts to consider another solution.

Our hospital set up is shitty and you really have to look out for yourself while depending on these people to know enough to help you. It's so frustrating.

littlp 09-29-2022 05:48 PM

I’ve had two bad experiences from the same event. I had a strep infection kill the nerve behind my knee. While it was killing it though it was excruciating. Worst pain I’ve ever been in. I was treated like a drug seaker and sent to get an ultrasound on it with no pain meds. I was literally shaking due to the pain-she made them give me meds. Second time I went to a different ED who finally believed me and admitted me. They almost killed me in the hospital hooking me up to dextrose because someone told them I wasn’t eating. When I in fact was. I’m a type 1 diabetic. I had developed cellulitis which is a bacterial infection. They had no idea how to manage my diabetes because I was on an insulin pump and instead of trying to learn-they made me call my diabetes doctor, took my own blood sugars etc. at the point the pain was so bad I couldn’t sleep. I was on day 7 of almost no sleep and on morphine-trying to manage my blood sugars and just happened to look at the bags. Stupid me for trusting that I needed everything they gave me. Explained the 500-700 blood sugars I was having. This happened in Indianapolis. Most everyone was polite and acted like they gave a fuck. Incompetence damn near killed me though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

starscream 09-30-2022 10:00 AM

I had something that sounds exactly like what Xerxes had. I spent all day thinking I should be able to take care of it myself, couldn't find anywhere to be that it didn't hurt more than anything else ever had and eventually went to the hospital where the doctor didn't get within five feet of me and barely stopped as he went by saying, "there's really not much we can do for you." I guess they didn't suspect me of being there for drugs though, they just gave them to me. I didn't even need them though because there was an IV one they gave me that fixed everything immediately and while there have been a few times since (this was like ten years ago) that I thought it was about to come back, it never actually has.

Keith 09-30-2022 01:53 PM

Another satisfied customer

Apia resurrected 09-30-2022 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by starscream (Post 894833)
I he went by saying, "there's really not much we can do for you." /as an IV one they gave me that fixed everything immediately and while there have been a few times since (this was like ten years ago) that I thought it was about to come back, it never actually has.

This doctor should believe more in himself.
He thought there wasn't much to do and fixed everything immediately?

Pretty unexpected turn of events.

starscream 09-30-2022 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Apia resurrected (Post 894839)
This doctor should believe more in himself.
He thought there wasn't much to do and fixed everything immediately?

Pretty unexpected turn of events.

Yeah. I was annoyed when he said that, but I guess he was right. Still, could have like, stood still in front of me for a few seconds.

Apia resurrected 09-30-2022 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by starscream (Post 894840)
Yeah. I was annoyed when he said that, but I guess he was right. Still, could have like, stood still in front of me for a few seconds.

But wasn’t he wrong? They helped you and it never returned? That’s impressive.

XenoTitty 09-30-2022 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Apia resurrected (Post 894841)
But wasn’t he wrong? They helped you and it never returned? That’s impressive.

The bar is so low for these doctors lol

Keith 09-30-2022 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XenoTitty (Post 894848)
The bar is so low for these doctors lol

But he didn’t fuck you right?