Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Who do you think will win most of their Dancing with the Stars bets?
Chemda 2 13.33%
Keith 11 73.33%
It'll be a tie 2 13.33%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By Keith
  • 4 Post By swiggy
  • 1 Post By Khylee

Old 09-21-2022, 03:48 PM   #1 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

3583: Dancing with the Stars

Keith and Chemda are here to discuss today in pop culture, including Maroon 5’s Adam Levine’s multiple affairs and their Dancing with the Stars 2022 predictions (even though neither of them ever watched an episode).

Share this episode: Twitter, Facebook & email

Get the show: on iTunes, on Stitcher and RSS feed
The Girl likes this.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2022, 07:55 AM   #2 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

I'm a fan of the drag world, been following Shangela since her debut on season 2 of RuPaul's Drag Race (2010). She's also a part of the show We're Here - an HBO series where she, Eureka!, and Bob the Drag Queen (I'm quite certain Matteo Lane knows Bob personally) go to small towns and help the local LGBTQIA+ communities with acceptance (both outward and inner). Chemda, I think you'd like it if you have access to HBO!

Shangela's pronouns: She/Her while in drag, He/Him when not in drag. If you say his name DJ, you use he. If you use the name Shangela, you use she. She's said she's not going to be in drag only during the practice/training, and I doubt y'all are going into deep dives of the show. Sticking to she/her is fine.

Shangela was a part of House of Edwards - founded by Alyssa Edwards, who owns a dance studio (and is still an instructor to this day). I think Keith is right - America is fickle with its fandoms and acceptance. It sucks that the "audience" gets a good amount of clout. If it was just judges, she's for sure gonna be close to the finals.

Swiggy - She/Her/elle
Old 09-25-2022, 04:02 PM   #3 (permalink)

Charli D'Amelio is (was?) one of the highest paid TikTok stars. But then, I'm guessing Dancing With The Stars is not watched by a whole lot of people that use TikTok, so I'm guessing she won't get a ton of votes there. I think you're on to something with Wayne Brady, because he's known by that crowd (Who's Line as well as that daytime game show he hosts), but who knows
Keith likes this.