Keith and The Girl Forums

Keith and The Girl Forums (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/)
-   Show Talk (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f5/)
-   -   3591: Behind the Curtain w/ Sam Evans (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f5/3591-behind-curtain-w-sam-evans-22542/)

Keith 10-19-2022 04:03 PM

3591: Behind the Curtain w/ Sam Evans

Sam Evans returns! The trio discusses mosquitoes being attracted to beautiful people, Netflix charging you extra for the people you share your account with, and Jada Pinkett Smith’s new book. They also discuss Meghan Markle’s beef with Deal or No Deal, trans cats, and George Floyd’s family filing a $250 million lawsuit against Kanye West. Herschel Walker is doubling down on his fake police badge, and K-pop superstars BTS are required to do military service. We have our latest Dancing with the Stars departure, and we learn some mind-boggling life hacks.

Guest:
Sam Evans
http://static-1.keithandthegirl.net/...ns-100x100.jpg

Share this episode: Twitter, Facebook & email

Get the show: on iTunes, on Stitcher and RSS feed

DeathInGrasp 10-19-2022 09:39 PM

The closest I’ve come to paying with my palm is a 5 finger discount :D

ThePinkSuperhero 10-20-2022 09:02 AM

I have done the walk-in/walk-out store with the creepy cameras (AmazonFresh) twice and it worked very well! Order was 100% correct the first time and only included one extra item the second time they refunded for me.

CsisandDesist 10-20-2022 09:16 AM

Amazon launched the Pay with Palm system back in late September 2020, and when I read about it, I said not on your f*cking life. That is just one step too far. If someone steals my credit card which is now just a tap, I just let the bank know and everything is tickety boo. I however, don't want anything connect to my body for payment, lest someone try to remove it. There was that guy, that implanted his car door chip in his actual hand, which is just stupid from a personal security point of view.

I can imagine though that Chemda, may like to do a vagina imprint to pay for things, solely for the reason that she could say Pay with Poon, just to bug Keith.

MongoMike 10-20-2022 04:26 PM

Markel should be more upset with being a token than being objectified.

She signed a modeling contract full well knowing that modeling on that show would be her being objectified. Yes, I know for a fact it was a modeling contract that is why they could never talk b/c then they wouldn't be 'models' and would have to sign up with the actors union and work for scale, which was WAY LESS. I had a gf who was a model on the show for a few months.

She had no problem with that going in, she actively pursued it. She had no problem during it, she kept cashing the check and going back. Only now for some social BS points is it a thing.

MongoMike 10-20-2022 04:44 PM

Chemda is correct to have reservations on the Kanye lawsuit for saying something ignorant.

This is different than Alex Jones. Primarily, in Alex Jones's case he knew he was lying and he intentionally continued to do it knowing it would cause harm to the families he was lying about. Kanye has not as of yet made public that he knows that he is lying and knows that he causing the family harm by his intentionally false statements.

Second, the lie that Alex Jones was primarily saying was a statement about the living family taking dishonest actions which is a slander of their character. Kanye is asserting a factual difference in cause of death. If Kanye was claiming that GF's family faked the cause of death or was lying about the cause of death for some reason for their own ends this would then be a character slander that could be litigated legally. Key word there was legally, I'm sure in this environment he would be prosecuted and probably even found guilty outside the law as law seems to be more and more controlled by social sentiment (good example is Alex Jones's attorney turning over excess evidence outside of discovery requests and then when asked if he wished to disclose the extra evidence he chose to not respond - this is a bar violation and the case should have been dismissed as a mistrial and his license revoked but it wasn't because that is what social sentiment wanted).

Third, the physical facts of the cases are very different. In Alex Jones's case ALL physical evidence aligned with the fact that not only was Jones wrong but he knew he was lying and knew pushing a known wrong statement was causing economic harm to the families. In Kanye's case the physical evidence is much more complicated and there is no physical evidence (video taped saying, text messages, emails, etc.) showing Kanye knows what he is saying is wrong AND that he knows saying it is wrong AND is causing harm to others.

IF this met the standard for litigation the precedent would follow that anyone who mis-spoke, mis-remembered, mis-understood, said anything stupid etc. would be liable for slander. It just doesn't meet the basic minimum threshold.

Newsy 10-21-2022 09:04 AM

You can't say "You know that movie 'Cool as Ice?' with Vanilla Ice?" and just get to keep going. No. No one else has seen this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Girl 10-21-2022 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Newsy (Post 894996)
You can't say "You know that movie 'Cool as Ice?' with Vanilla Ice?" and just get to keep going. No. No one else has seen this.

Ok but picture what it would be and it’s that.

Apia resurrected 10-21-2022 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Girl (Post 894998)
Ok but picture what it would be and it’s that.

Sounds pretty cool

shoebootie 10-24-2022 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Newsy (Post 894996)

PEOPLE HAVE SEEN THIS. Chemda's People - the ones who watch few movies, and the ones they have seen are ridiculous pieces of shit like Cool as Ice.